Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Police Woman was repeated on Freeview few years ago during lockdown. Saw two episodes at most before deciding it was shit and going back to Columbo, sorry.

• Haha 3

On 25/02/2024 at 20:57, TomTomTelekom said:

Veteran character actor Chris Gauthier, known for his work in genre entertainment, died at 48 years:

https://tvline.com/news/chris-gauthier-cause-of-death-once-upon-a-time-dead-obituary-1235173792/

He's appeared as Smee on Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, Phil in Netflix's A Serien of Unfortunatie Ebents and Vincent in Eureka.

He's starred alongside actors the likes of Robert Englund andJeffrey Dean Morgan during his decades long career. 

And here he is getting murdered in 2003's Freddy vs. Jason:

• Like 1

(IMDb) Eddie Driscoll passed away December 15th of last year, possibly due to stomach cancer.

Not a very notable career, but I liked him in The Last Ship and he also had a small role in the film Cellular.

18 minutes ago, lilham said:

Tippi Hedren, 94, star of the Birds, is battling dementia and cannot be interviewed due to health reasons. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13104929/Tippi-Hedren-battling-dementia-forgotten-career.html

I did a search and didn't see this update.

Physically still looking great though. If she's battling dementia by Joanne Woodward or Prunella Scales standards she might be around for a few years yet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lilham said:

Tippi Hedren, 94, star of the Birds, is battling dementia and cannot be interviewed due to health reasons. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13104929/Tippi-Hedren-battling-dementia-forgotten-career.html

I did a search and didn't see this update.

Well, I’m not regretting my numerous mentions of her then. Has been on my lists for some years now and will stay in until she goes.

Could this news qualify her for next year’s list ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Well, I’m not regretting my numerous mentions of her then. Has been on my lists for some years now and will stay in until she goes.

Yes, 94 and battling dementia is a terrible combination for someone living with seventy wild lions...

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I would say so.

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

yeah I have her on my Shadow List and my Hartlepool.  Always think it is a race between her and Vera Miles who is going to go first.

American actress Anne Whitfield (Wiki) best known for playing the role of Susan Waverly in 1954 romance-musical film White Christmas, dead at 85

Other television appearance: Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, Laramie, Bonanza, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, I Married Joan etc.

image.thumb.png.35351a962c76e4c89e55fa9d3b879485.png

• Like 7

93 year old Claire Bloom appeared in an introduction tonight to a repeat of "Anna Karenina" from 1961 on BBC Four. Looks relatively healthy but Glenda Jackson and Michael Jayston both died within months of shooting similar pieces for the channel last year so perhaps worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dodrade said:

93 year old Claire Bloom appeared in an introduction tonight to a repeat of "Anna Karenina" from 1961 on BBC Four. Looks relatively healthy but Glenda Jackson and Michael Jayston both died within months of shooting similar pieces for the channel last year so perhaps worth keeping an eye on.

One of my heroes! Looked and sounded great for her age (though she has aged a bit) but yeah, approaching DL consideration imo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, msc said:

One of my heroes! Looked and sounded great for her age (though she has aged a bit) but yeah, approaching DL consideration imo. 

Heroes are people like Audie Murphy and Douglas Bader. Not some lassie who was paid big bucks to look pretty in-front a camera.

On 28/02/2024 at 20:57, Gisooo said:

American actress Anne Whitfield (Wiki) best known for playing the role of Susan Waverly in 1954 romance-musical film White Christmas, dead at 85

Other television appearance: Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, Laramie, Bonanza, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, I Married Joan etc.

image.thumb.png.35351a962c76e4c89e55fa9d3b879485.png

Keep seeing she died from an "unexpected accident".

So what is an "expected accident"?

:sherlock:

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Falling from a clifftop taking a selfie.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yes I saw it, maybe she tripped and fell while walking in her neighborhood, this happened to my neighbor who was 90 years old and able to move. He fell and broke his pelvis when he was out for a walk, after 6 hours he died.

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Yes I saw it, maybe she tripped and fell while walking in her neighborhood, this happened to my neighbor who was 90 years old and able to move. he fell and broke his pelvis when he was out for a walk, after 6 hours he died.

Which monster decided to time it rather than helped him?

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

Which monster decided to time it rather than helped him?

All the people and those who don't know him, helped him up and then took him directly to the hospital

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Falling out of a Russian window?

• Haha 7

American actress Jean Allison (Wikidead at 94

She appeared in numerous television series from 50s to 80s like The Loretta Young Show, Wagon Train, Perry Mason, Bonanza, The Waltons, Charlie's Angels, McCloud, Emergency!, Highway to Heaven etc.

image.png.b58d9201cd11932857f4547d7b37216c.png

• Like 4