Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

14 minutes ago, arghton said:

Carter personal doctor interview.

The "interesting stuff" in it copypasted:

. he’s now focused on President Jimmy Carter’s health.

. “I’m sure he’ll try to work through this, but it’s such a big loss for him,” he said.

. Raines said he fears Jimmy may not have the same drive to keep fighting during his time in hospice care.  + (mentions the "dying of broken heart" possibility)

On Rosalynn:

. Raines was the one who made the call for Jimmy Carter to go into hospice care in February. On Friday, he made the same call for Rosalynn Carter but was not expecting her to pass away so soon even though she was diagnosed with dementia six months ago.

Dr. Obvious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19/11/2023 at 23:42, Fridaythe13th said:

I say before December 1st he will be gone.

Broken Heart Syndrome.

I think he will leave us in January/February.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolman5464 said:

I think he will leave us in January/February.

No I think he will leaves us before the eve of new year ! December and before Christmas, I think ! The last picture taken of the couple Carter in September showed Jimmy in awful condition, very frail and Rosalynn was in better condition at these time...No December will be his last month !

Rosalynn's final moments

"Jimmy Carter remains mentally aware and at times remarkably sharp, but he is physically weak, according to family and friends. He hopes to attend his wife’s funeral in Plains next Wednesday and a tribute earlier next week at the Carter Center in Atlanta, according to his family."

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Joltin Joe said:

Rosalynn's final moments

"Jimmy Carter remains mentally aware and at times remarkably sharp, but he is physically weak, according to family and friends. He hopes to attend his wife’s funeral in Plains next Wednesday and a tribute earlier next week at the Carter Center in Atlanta, according to his family."

The article also mentions him having trouble speaking and almost none of his clothing fitting... The man is in way worse shape than media reports let us believe previously. At least for surviving over 9 months after he was expected to die.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Joltin Joe said:

Rosalynn's final moments

“Dad told me several times over the last nine months that he had always thought he would outlive Mom and protect her until she passed, but that now he wasn’t sure that was going to happen — and that upset him,” Chip Carter said. “But he stayed alive. We all told him how proud we were of his relationship with her and of how he looked after her.”

Yeah I can’t see him lasting until 2024. 

Also, the article says the reason she was put into hospice care was because she had a urinary tract infection that she was too weak to fight off, even with antibiotics. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

“Dad told me several times over the last nine months that he had always thought he would outlive Mom and protect her until she passed, but that now he wasn’t sure that was going to happen — and that upset him,” Chip Carter said. “But he stayed alive. We all told him how proud we were of his relationship with her and of how he looked after her.”

Yeah I can’t see him lasting until 2024. 

Also, the article says the reason she was put into hospice care was because she had a urinary tract infection that she was too weak to fight off, even with antibiotics. 

It always surprise me how deadly are urinary track infection at that age. Didn’t John Paul II died of it too ? 
And what was the goal of putting her in hospice care and releasing an official statement if they knew that her days were numbered ? 

anyway, I’m gonna go against everyone’s guts and say that he will reach 2024. He still seems mentally sharp and that plays a lot in his favor. I do see him dying soon after new year’s Eve (or maybe on new year’s Eve as Benedict and White ?)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

It always surprise me how deadly are urinary track infection at that age. Didn’t John Paul II died of it too ? 
And what was the goal of putting her in hospice care and releasing an official statement if they knew that her days were numbered ?

From what I've seen in reports, they didn't expect her to die so quickly. Makes sense given how long her husband has lasted. As for why they made the statement in the first place, it could be because Jimmy asked them to (as she couldn't most likely). Or given his speaking difficulties it could have been a pre-arranged thing.

Personally, as I noted above, that article has given significant extra details about Jimmy's concerns that make me almost certain he's not going to make 2024 if they're concerned about him not being able to even make it to the funeral physically. If he makes it that will give us more of a clue as to his condition, as there will probably be photos.

Going to be very interesting to see if Melania shows up. (Side note- she's likely to be the last living of all the current first ladies, as she's a good 6 years younger than Michelle and significantly younger than either Laura Bush or HRC.) I think she will.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Comped said:

From what I've seen in reports, they didn't expect her to die so quickly. Makes sense given how long her husband has lasted. As for why they made the statement in the first place, it could be because Jimmy asked them to (as she couldn't most likely). Or given his speaking difficulties it could have been a pre-arranged thing.

Personally, as I noted above, that article has given significant extra details about Jimmy's concerns that make me almost certain he's not going to make 2024 if they're concerned about him not being able to even make it to the funeral physically. If he makes it that will give us more of a clue as to his condition, as there will probably be photos.

Going to be very interesting to see if Melania shows up. (Side note- she's likely to be the last living of all the current first ladies, as she's a good 6 years younger than Michelle and significantly younger than either Laura Bush or HRC.) I think she will.

Honestly as of right now I think Michelle will outlive Melania, she's health conscious and African-American women tend to live very long so that's two things going for her. 

13 hours ago, The Immortal said:

Honestly as of right now I think Michelle will outlive Melania, she's health conscious and African-American women tend to live very long so that's two things going for her. 

I don't exactly think Melania is following her husband's diet, so I'm not sure there's picture of a health consciousness difference.  Although he seems to have slimmed down significantly as of late.

3 hours ago, Comped said:

I don't exactly think Melania is following her husband's diet, so I'm not sure there's picture of a health consciousness difference.  Although he seems to have slimmed down significantly as of late.

I think thats the stress of all the indictments & as much as i never liked old Trump, he definitely doesn't seem anywhere near as sharp as during his Presidency. I reckon his health has definitely deteriorated a bit recently.

• Like 1

People can be frail/near-death for *many months*, like Billy Graham... And Billy Graham had way more progressive illnesses than Jimmy.

Jimmy isn't bedridden yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Told you, pretty sure he will reach 2024…

That really means jack shit, especially since there’s still over a month left to go 

• Like 3

Wonder if Ladbrokes will give me odds on him dying during the service.

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That really means jack shit, especially since there’s still over a month left to go 

That means he’s not bedridden and people around him (and himself maybe) think this trip won’t kill him. Probably has a little energy left in him then 

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

That means he’s not bedridden and people around him (and himself maybe) think this trip won’t kill him. Probably has a little energy left in him then 

There has likely never been a bigger motivator in his life. He isn't bedridden or in a coma true, but I think you are reading too much into this. 

If anything, going might be the final nail in his coffin. 

• Like 2

Wait, no one said he would go there alive.

• Haha 4

On 23/11/2023 at 12:27, Comped said:

1 hour ago, ajlposh said:

Per this link, all the surviving First Ladies, including Melania, are expected to attend Rosalynn’s funeral. 

• Like 1