Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

8 hours ago, Deadboy999 said:

It feels like queen Elizabeth II waiting for her too die.

Hardly. Her death came out of the blue really.  We knew she was failing, but she was pictured on her feet and smiling the day before, and none of her family expected her to die that soon.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Jimmy is more Impressive per say, former president, older (99), outlived his spouse.

16 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Fuck me. Some of these ppl are absolutely obsessed.

What else are people supposed to talk about on a Deathlist forum? You could just not read it

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Since entering hospice, Jimmy Carter has outlived:

*2 family members

*2 chairpersons of The Carter Center

*6 former Governors

*16 "Immortals"

*20 DeathList picks (16 hits; 4 misses)
*265 DDP picks

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, polar duck said:

*2 family members

*6 former Governors

*16 "Immortals"

*264 DDP picks

Insane.

5 hours ago, polar duck said:

*2 family members

*6 former Governors

*16 "Immortals"

*264 DDP picks

And you know what's even crazier? Back in 2015 Jimmy Carter had metastatic melanoma which had spread to his brain and liver and nearly everyone including me thought he was a goner right then. He survived that, made a miraculous recovery and since managed to outlive countless more of what you've already mentioned as well as the Queen, one of his successors and even his own vice president.

Total immortal.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, polar duck said:

*2 family members

*6 former Governors

*16 "Immortals"

*264 DDP picks

And a partridge in a pair tree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

43 minutes ago, The Immortal said:

And you know what's even crazier? Back in 2015 Jimmy Carter had metastatic melanoma which had spread to his brain and liver and nearly everyone including me thought he was a goner right then. He survived that, made a miraculous recovery and since managed to outlive countless more of what you've already mentioned as well as the Queen, one of his successors and even his own vice president.

Total immortal.

His melanoma came back and he's stopped medical treatment.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, mymango said:

His melanoma came back and he's stopped medical treatment.

"Mr. Carter was not suffering any particular ailment that prompted him to enter hospice care last February, according to people close to him, but was tired of being in and out of the hospital and wanted to spend his final days at home with Mrs. Carter."

Yeah, I know there's some WaPo infobox that says he has cancer now, but given it's not in the article they link and the above NYT passage there's no way it's not just a mistake. If he was actually ill with cancer now he would have died months ago.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, tracy said:

"Mr. Carter was not suffering any particular ailment that prompted him to enter hospice care last February, according to people close to him, but was tired of being in and out of the hospital and wanted to spend his final days at home with Mrs. Carter."

Yeah, I know there's some WaPo infobox that says he has cancer now, but given it's not in the article they link and the above NYT passage there's no way it's not just a mistake. If he was actually ill with cancer now he would have died months ago.

There's no way it's just a mistake. He would've had to be receiving medical treatment either to treat a recurrence or at least to prevent it from recurring.

His survival thus far makes sense considering what @Prophet noted:

On 31/12/2023 at 12:18, Prophet said:

Everybody who visits an nursing home would be surprised on how long some people can survive in absolutely horrible condition.

I had a 87-year old patient who had terminal cancer, which wasn't treatable anymore so he technically was in the same situation as Jimmy Carter and he was still alive on my last day of work with no indication of dying any time soon, after having this disease for years. At Jimmy's age, his cells divide much slower so his cancer is less aggressive than for younger folks.

• Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, mymango said:

There's no way it's just a mistake. His survival thus far makes sense considering what Prophet noted:

Sure, but their citation itself says nothing of the sort, and it contradicts the only real in-depth article we've had about his hospice situation. Laziness can happen everywhere.

"Rosalynn Carter, a close political and policy adviser to her husband, President Jimmy Carterdied Nov. 19. The Carters spent the final months of their time together at the family home in Plains, Ga. The former president decided in February to stop medical treatment for an aggressive form of melanoma skin cancer."

Carter has overcome serious health problems, including in 2015 when he was diagnosed with melanoma that had spread to his liver and brain. After treatment, doctors said he defied the odds, and Carter announced later that year that he was cancer-free.

Saturday’s announcement from the Atlanta-based Carter Center did not specify whether his cancer had returned or whether another health condition prompted his decision that he was ready for hospice rather than continuing medical care.

Unless of course it's just something you want to believe. Which I wouldn't recommend because it will be frustrating when he keeps living.

• Like 1

Just now, tracy said:

Sure, but their citation itself says nothing of the sort, and it contradicts the only real in-depth article we've had about his hospice situation. Laziness can happen everywhere.

Unless of course it's just something you want to believe. Which I wouldn't recommend because it will be frustrating when he keeps living.

2024 will be the year, I'm 100% confident.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, mymango said:

2024 will be the year, I'm 100% confident.

I'll probably snap if he doesn't die soon. Not that I have anything against the great man, but there are only so many posts and articles about his immortal status I can take.

I mean, I just made two posts where I argued, for some reason, that a guy who presently looks like a zombie and would die if lightly touched doesn't have cancer. I'm sure he'd be elated to find out I have such a high opinion of his health.

• Like 4

It is remarkable how long he has lingered.  It will be a significant achievement if he remains alive at his one year hospice anniversary in February.

1 hour ago, BelieveTheLie said:

It is remarkable how long he has lingered.  It will be a significant achievement if he remains alive at his one year hospice anniversary in February.

He has a party to attend in October. He’s going nowhere…

• Confused 1

I still dream on Jimmy Carter doing an Inigo Montoya on Siphandone.

3 hours ago, Windsor said:

He has a party to attend in October. He’s going nowhere…

Betty_White_1989_Emmy_Awards.jpg.464f2d3459c069546e9e5fb65695d243.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, Planetist said:

Bad pick. Jimmy will outlive us all.

Yeah they said the same about Zsa Zsa and Ronnie Biggs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At this point i am wondering if he really wants to be alive. At his wifes funeral, it looked like he could drop at a slight breeze. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 06:51, tracy said:

I think the fact he's remained in hospice even after his wife died lends credence to the story of his cancer returning. Even if he didn't go in because it returned, it's quite likely he had to continue medical treatment to prevent it from doing so. I'm guessing now, having stopped medical treatment for nine months before his wife died, it's too late for him to leave hospice and return to treatment, the cancer being too advanced. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, mymango said:

I think the fact he's remained in hospice even after his wife died lends credence to the story of his cancer returning. Even if he didn't go in because it returned, it's quite likely he had to continue medical treatment to prevent it from doing so. I'm guessing now, having stopped medical treatment for nine months before his wife died, it's too late for him to leave hospice and return to treatment, the cancer being too advanced. 

No one is going to listen to you since you said this like more than 10 times now your more unreliable then his grandson who keeps saying that it’s his final days

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Insane said:

No one is going to listen to you since you said this like more than 10 times now your more unreliable then his grandson who keeps saying that it’s his final days

But don't you think it's telling how he's still in hospice care even after his original rationale was apparently to do so only to stay close to his wife? I think that's proof positive he knows he can't be treated for whatever he has now and that he just wants to die naturally, however much time that may take.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, drunkasaskunk said:

Deathlist has JC as 100 years old.

He is only 99

All ages on the DL are the ages the deathlistees are supposed to be turning in the given year.

• Like 1