Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

This is all new information. So what we know now is that, on top of being bedridden, confused, and lonely, he doesn't eat or drink normally and is generally uncommunicative. How they can spin this as him being "fine" would make even the likes of Alastair Campbell blush.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, mymango said:

This is all new information. So what we know now is that, on top of being bedridden, confused, and lonely, he doesn't eat or drink normally and is generally uncommunicative. How they can spin this as him being "fine" would make even the likes of Alastair Campbell blush.

Who cares? There is nothing new to report on this man till he dies or is hospitalized.

The Carter agents in the deep state are lying to us!

Edit: Though I wonder if there are ANY Carter appointments still in active service. It's been at least 43 years...

What exactly is meant by hospice care in the USA?  Here in the UK it's generally understood to be for people who are terminally ill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

What exactly is meant by hospice care in the USA?  Here in the UK it's generally understood to be for people who are terminally ill. 

I think Jimmy Carter’s family meant to tell everyone that he’s in a retirement home, not hospice.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

It’s about the same here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

Who cares? There is nothing new to report on this man till he dies or is hospitalized.

He's effectively already hospitalised but at home.

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, Toast said:

He is terminally ill, just with what it's not absolutely certain, though I still think it's probably cancer.

Edited by mymango
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, mymango said:

He is terminally ill, just with what it's not absolutely certain, though I still think it's most likely cancer.

No offense, no one is going to listen to you anymore, you are very unreliable for Carter news for this site, but most of us have been wrong about this but you are the most wrong out everyone here, get more reliable sources and we will start to respect you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Insane said:

No offense, no one is going to listen to you anymore, you are very unreliable for Carter news for this site, but most of us have been wrong about this but you are the most wrong out everyone here, get more reliable sources and we will start to respect you.

There's no need to shoot the messenger. I've cited two highly reliable sources, in the Washington Post and the Associated Press, for what I've been saying about Carter's health. I've said I'm going to try and clarify the situation with the New York Times, and I'll report back when they respond. I'm just stating my own opinion based on the reports I've seen, at least two of which independently state that he has a terminal illness. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Though I wonder if there are ANY Carter appointments still in active service. It's been at least 43 years...

None since February 28, 2021. Carmen Consuelo Cerezo was the last in office. The longest-serving federal judge to still be in office is Pauline Newman, a Reagan appointee from 1984... who is suspended on health grounds because she's 96, leaving the 79-year-old J. Harvie Wilkinson III from later the same year.

• Like 6

6 months ago, he still had phone conversations, watched TV/listened to audiobooks, was still mentally lucid much of the time, and enjoyed lots of peanut-butter-ice-cream...

Now.. he's basically little more than a zombie.

Certainly, a lot more has changed than meets the eye... The only silver lining is that he is lasting way longer than expected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InquilineKea said:

Now.. he's basically little more than a zombie.

The fact that according to the article he's still engaged in conversation, even occasionally, tells me he may be around for a bit yet. That's the biggest surprise considering up until the last week or so, we were all under the impression he probably didn't speak at all. From a health perspective, that's pretty good!

5 hours ago, Comped said:

The fact that according to the article he's still engaged in conversation, even occasionally, tells me he may be around for a bit yet. That's the biggest surprise considering up until the last week or so, we were all under the impression he probably didn't speak at all. From a health perspective, that's pretty good!

He's "not mobile or particularly talkative" according to the NYT report, so not really.

• Facepalm 1

what if Jimmy fights to make it to 100

and die October 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

What if people stopped posting tedious comments in this thread that add no value whatsoever?

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

What if people stopped posting tedious comments in this thread that add no value whatsoever?

Absofuckinglutely. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

14 hours ago, Master Obit said:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 17/02/2024 at 13:34, mymango said:

He's effectively already hospitalised but at home.

Being at home is literally the antithesis of what it means to be hospitalized.

30 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Being at home is literally the antithesis of what it means to be hospitalized.

What I meant was, in terms of medical care, his home is effectively a personal hospital.

Not to mention his own deathbed is a hospital bed.

• Facepalm 1

This showed up on CBS Sunday Morning today-  looks like he is still fighting- but how much longer can he go?

• Like 1

On 17/02/2024 at 12:34, Toast said:

In the U.S., It's medical care for people for people with an anticipated life expectancy of 6 months or less.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2023 at 02:01, The Daredevil said:

Expert confirms Carter’s time under hospice care is not unusually long. Average timespan is 60-70 days. Carter is around day 62.

https://people.com/politics/jimmy-carter-hospice-length-expert/

Carter is a big outlier. According to this expert average timespan was 60-70 days but he has exceeded 1 year in hospice care.

• Facepalm 1

Can this thread please just be locked for a bit? Even a week? It might give certain users a chance to do something other than obsess over the man.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1