Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Further news about Japan's reputation for long life...almost 250,000 centenarians 'missing'.

• Like 1

Arthur Langran - 100 years old on 8 September - a smoker for 80 years, during which time he has puffed his way through an estimated 292,000 fags, he also enjoys a glass of single malt before bed and survived being blown up by a grenade in WW2. What a man!

article-1314975-0B5639D7000005DC-1_474x321.jpg

• Like 1

World's oldest twins turn 98.

My friend's gran and her twin sister turn 101 later this year. Plus, wikipedia has a list of twins who are 99 and over.

So they are not quite the world's oldest.

My friend's gran and her twin sister turn 101 later this year. Plus, wikipedia has a list of twins who are 99 and over.

Maybe you should contact the BBC to let them know.

I think the Guinness Book of Records need to know. I will let my friend know, as its not really my place. :P

I think the Guinness Book of Records need to know. I will let my friend know, as its not really my place. :lol:

A new set have come forward...but are still three months younger than my friend's gran and great aunt.

Link

Queen Annie is dead, short-live Queen Elsie

Elsie Steele

45 days to be precise, and in answer to the obvious question...

"She is succeeded as Britain’s oldest person by Margaret Fish, of Wilstead, Befordshire, who was 111 years and 227 days old today — 60 days younger than Elsie".

Elsie Steele

"She is succeeded as Britain’s oldest person by Margaret Fish, of Wilstead, Befordshire, who was 111 years and 227 days old today — 60 days younger than Elsie".

Can't be many left now who were born in the 19th Century...

Elsie Steele

Can't be many left now who were born in the 19th Century...

58 validated, if you believe this. I mean 57, they haven't scrubbed Elsie yet.

For research purposes, your four surviving Brits who were born in the 1800s:

110yrold.jpg

Grace Jones (born 7 December 1899). She hilariously has the same name as an 80s pop singer. Nurse the screens. Lives in Bermondsey, so she may actually be stabbed rather than die in her sleep. Credits her old age to "good British food". Yeah.

article-1180817-04E8AA21000005DC-354_468x372.jpg

Catherine Masters (born 23 November 1899). The only Scot in the list. This is the one who made the press a few years ago because she got pissy at the Queen for sending her the same card every year. Knew Donald Bradman in her youth. Only moved into a retirement home a few years ago after her grandson emigrated to South Africa, which means either she or him is an absolute cunt.

1135440-vlarge.jpg

Violet Wood (born 2 September 1899). Credits her longevity to "pickle sandwiches". Former farmhand, direct quote: "After my party things will settle down again, or I will fly off to heaven to be with the girls and (her husband) Harry."

MFish.jpg

Margaret Fish (born 7 March 1899). Born in the same month the paper clip was invented. Lived independently up to the age of 104, big fan of "Dancing On Ice".

So, yeah, themoreyouknow.jpg.

[snippage]

Catherine Masters (born 23 November 1899). The only Scot in the list. This is the one who made the press a few years ago because she got pissy at the Queen for sending her the same card every year.

This brings me to the question: who will send such a lovely card to the Queen when she celebrates her 100th in 2026?

regards,

Hein

[snippage]

Catherine Masters (born 23 November 1899). The only Scot in the list. This is the one who made the press a few years ago because she got pissy at the Queen for sending her the same card every year.

This brings me to the question: who will send such a lovely card to the Queen when she celebrates her 100th in 2026?

regards,

Hein

Given that Osborne has just scrapped the Civil List, I doubt that the Royal Household will still have the funds to send out cards in 5 years, let alone 15.

The Monarchy will be funded from the Crown Estates, but will have to make savings of about £7m per year.

[snippage]

regards,

Hein

I thought that was the Queen celebrating her birthday, and that's what she looks like before she puts the slap on!

I think the Guinness Book of Records need to know. I will let my friend know, as its not really my place. :D

A new set have come forward...but are still three months younger than my friend's gran and great aunt.

Link

Time to call your friends bluff, Windsor

I think the Guinness Book of Records need to know. I will let my friend know, as its not really my place. :P

Link

My friend's gran and twin sister turn 101 at the end of this month. I daresay something will come from that - starting with the Press and Journal. :D

Kama Chinen, formerly the world's oldest person, is now dead. Obits only in Japanese now, but I'm sure they'll come in English by the end of the day.

Eugénie Blanchard of France now holds the title.

And now... someone else does.

Kama Chinen, formerly the world's oldest person, is now dead. Obits only in Japanese now, but I'm sure they'll come in English by the end of the day.

Eunice Sanborn of the USA born July 20, 1896, to be specific.

She lived so long because "she had decided to give her virginity to God", he said.

Then again, a bloke round our way went a couple of weeks back. Not too far short of his 101st birthday. Smoked cigs till he was seventy, still working on his daughter's roof and smoking a pipe aged 80, loved a fried breakfast almost to the very end and he'd worked with asbestos for decades as a younger man.

Very old and never likely to have been a holy virgin.

She lived so long because "she had decided to give her virginity to God", he said.

I guess she's now one of those virgins in heaven that Halibuts go on about. :angel3:

regards,

Hein

Link

My friend's gran and twin sister turn 101 at the end of this month. I daresay something will come from that - starting with the Press and Journal. :ghost6:

Link

Onie Ponder didn't make it to 2011. At the time of her death, she was the world's 21st oldest person.

Mississippi Winn

Was the world's 7th oldest person until her death yesterday aged 113 years, 289 days.

Eunice Sanborn of the USA born July 20, 1896, to be specific.

Eunice Sanborn dead aged 114 years, 195 days. Besse Cooper, born August 26 1896, takes on the mantle. As always, we get to hear to what Besse credits her longevity: "minding her own business and not eating junk food".

Remember her?

Britain's youngest supercentenarian. When Katie Masters received her 6th telegram from the Queen last year, she complained that they all bore the same image of the Queen. So this year, they changed the picture

It looks to me as though Her Majesty is scowling on that picture.

Catherine Masters has died aged 111 years.

• Like 1