Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Bog Taggart dies "just 20 days after inheriting the title Britain's Oldest Man from Harry Patch"

Was it a murrrrrrdurrrrrrrrr?

• Like 1

It would seem holding the title of "Britain's oldest man" is akin to being manager of Newcastle United (except there's no Chris Hughton to step in on a temporary basis):

Bog Taggart dies "just 20 days after inheriting the title Britain's Oldest Man from Harry Patch"

Correction: Seems the Mirror may have got it wrong (according to Wikipedia :unsure: ), Bob was Scotland's oldest (b 28 Jun 1900) but Britain's oldest is still Stanley Lucas (b 15 Jan 1900). However, the Scottish Daily Record and Glasgow Evening Times also reported Bob as being Britain's oldest man following Harry's death. Can anyone verify Stanley's status?

Bog??

It would seem holding the title of "Britain's oldest man" is akin to being manager of Newcastle United (except there's no Chris Hughton to step in on a temporary basis):

Correction: Seems the Mirror may have got it wrong (according to Wikipedia :unsure: ), Bob was Scotland's oldest (b 28 Jun 1900) but Britain's oldest is still Stanley Lucas (b 15 Jan 1900). However, the Scottish Daily Record and Glasgow Evening Times also reported Bob as being Britain's oldest man following Harry's death. Can anyone verify Stanley's status?

Bog??

Bog off.

Correction: Seems the Mirror may have got it wrong (according to Wikipedia :) ), Bob was Scotland's oldest (b 28 Jun 1900) but Britain's oldest is still Stanley Lucas (b 15 Jan 1900). However, the Scottish Daily Record and Glasgow Evening Times also reported Bob as being Britain's oldest man following Harry's death. Can anyone verify Stanley's status?

Stanley Lucas is still alive and has been trying to remain as anonymous as possible; however, Robert Young and/or his group of muck-rakers are trying to do their best to disrespect these privacy wishes, hence his appearance on Wikipedia. We had to protect the Kama Chinen article to prevent it from being recreated for just this reason...

Correction: Seems the Mirror may have got it wrong (according to Wikipedia :) ), Bob was Scotland's oldest (b 28 Jun 1900) but Britain's oldest is still Stanley Lucas (b 15 Jan 1900). However, the Scottish Daily Record and Glasgow Evening Times also reported Bob as being Britain's oldest man following Harry's death. Can anyone verify Stanley's status?

Bog??

Sorry, that should be "Bob". It was early...

Guest Guest
Henry isn't even number one man.

The true poisoned chalice now passes to Gertrude Bains. So far as the Wikipedia's tenure as main authority is concerned, no living incumbent has lost the title to another living person. In theory it could happen, a living person proving him/herself older than the oldest known, but it's unlikely.

Dead. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...SiYAogD9AL6RVG0

Re Bains

That's a relief, she'll probably get the obit coverage to nab HPDP and CPDP points for all of us who have her down, more the point, she moves a couple of my CPDP picks further up the running order of world's oldest. It's the way she'd have wanted it, or summat.

Hey up......BBC report.

New contender for World's oldest man.

Luang Phu Supha is claiming to be 113 - not 115 as the article heading suggests.

The oldest Canadian living in Canada and 12th oldest person overall, Margaret Fitzgerald, has turned 113. Updated photo included for the likes of MPFC. Mary Josephine Ray, second oldest in the world and 114, was born in Canada but now lives in New Hampshire.

Britain's second-oldest person, Annie Butler, has died at the age of 112, paving the way for points for DDP's "Old People Smell of Piss".

Britain's second-oldest person, Annie Butler, has died at the age of 112, paving the way for points for DDP's "Old People Smell of Piss".

Why are you lot so charming ??

Guest Guest

I've never really thought about it but guesty accepts your compliments on behalf of the DL community.

Whilst we are asking such searching questions, tell me, why are you so lame at poetry?

I've never really thought about it but guesty accepts your compliments on behalf of the DL community.

Whilst we are asking such searching questions, tell me, why are you so lame at poetry?

I think you are a guest in disguise

I think you mean "member" in disguise.

When SC berated the "quantity" of posts culture, he was obviously looking towards the quality of posting being far more important.

So here you are, since 2004, posted a piffling amount, the ideal candidate for SC and his new Aryan race.

Problem is, your posts make Hughie Greens shiteometer go off the scale.

This pretty much f'ucks the relevence of quantity posting, in relation to quality posting, firmly up the arse.

Well done!!

which she has got thanks to the merest of mentions in the Daily Mirror. Quite rare I do a obit from that paper....

When SC berated the "quantity" of posts culture, he was obviously looking towards the quality of posting being far more important.

So here you are, since 2004, posted a piffling amount, the ideal candidate for SC and his new Aryan race.

This pretty much f'ucks the relevence of quantity posting, in relation to quality posting, firmly up the arse.

Well done!!

Not wishing to put words in Yvonne's mouth, but perhaps she thought that Canadian Paul actually thinks that old people smell of piss, rather than just mentioning a DDP team name. Whilst often accurate, you could argue that it is not exactly a charming thing to say. I had a boy in my class who smelt of piss, but to say that neglected children smell of piss, isn't particularly charming either.

Well done!!

Not wishing to put words in Yvonne's mouth, but perhaps she thought that Canadian Paul actually thinks that old people smell of piss, rather than just mentioning a DDP team name. Whilst often accurate, you could argue that it is not exactly a charming thing to say. I had a boy in my class who smelt of piss, but to say that neglected children smell of piss, isn't particularly charming either.

I like Yvonne and her pleasantly barking missives. She should stick around, ignore the keyboard warriors and post more often.

Thank you Devon Death Trip that is a really nice thing to say - I feel very touched

Well done!!

Thats a fair comment Dave, however, charming isnt really what this forum is about, is it? :blink:

DDT, Im not sure there are any keyboard warriors on here, certainly no more keyboard warriors than potential necrophiliacs trawling the WWW looking for the lastest vaguely famous dead to report on... <_<

Well done!!

I had the same question really. So how 'bout it Yvonne?

I am not really sure that I understand what the question is ?? <_<

I am not really sure that I understand what the question is ?? <_<

I rest my case M'lud.

I like Yvonne and her pleasantly barking missives. She should stick around, ignore the keyboard warriors and post more often.

I have nothing at all against Yvonne. I think she has the best avatar on this forum, and I enjoy her poems, (up to a point). The mental picture I have of her sitting in the Douglas Bay Yacht Club, sipping a glass of wine whilst composing her next verse, all adds to this site. For me anyway. It just made me chuckle, that it appeared she thought, that C.P. thought, that old people smell of piss.

Canada's oldest person still living in the country, Margaret Fitzgerald, has died at the age of 113.

• Like 1