Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

When my grandad was in the hospice, they let him out to see a Celtic match he'd been looking forward to. He died about a fortnight after this.

Mind you, afterwards, he kept telling me how shite they'd played, but you know, best laid plans!

:D

So here's a thing...

I've seen all the stuff about wandering hands and the failure of cognitive function being down to his Parkinson's but it just so happened that with Mrs MPFC away this weekend I poured a good whisky and set about reading - in it's diminutive entirety - Jim Holt's Stop me if You've Heard This; an accessible but well-researched history of humour and the theories of humour. I'd totally forgotten that Bush Snr makes a fleeting appearance by way of a discussion of what was - apparently - his favourite joke. Given the combination of apparent innocence and deep subversiveness of the alleged sexual assaults whilst in his wheelchair it's odd that this joke combines both of those elements: "How do you tittillate an Ocelot? You ossilate its tits a lot!"

By contrast Reagan's favourite joke - which involved a Russian turning down a chance to meet a friend over a year away because he had the plumber coming round that day is actually a fairly erudite and dry affair. So too Reagan's smart one-liner when asked about pro-abortion campaigners which involved pointing out that every pro-abortion supporter had already been born.

21 hours ago, msc said:

When my grandad was in the hospice, they let him out to see a Celtic match he'd been looking forward to. He died about a fortnight after this.

Mind you, afterwards, he kept telling me how shite they'd played, but you know, best laid plans!

:D

When you know these are your last few moments on earth, you might as well go to games and events instead of being stuck at home. Sure, people might be exploiting 41 for a few last photos, but does he really have anything else to look forward to? He'll have all eternity to rest.

• Like 1

Aye, reminds me of Robert Duvall on the Norton show.

Norton - Any plans for a rest?

Duvall - Well,  I'm 84. I'll be having a long rest before too long!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Aye, reminds me of Robert Duvall on the Norton show.

Norton - Any plans for a rest?

Duvall - Well,  I'm 84. I'll be having a long rest before too long!

Yeah, but he'll be celebrating his 87th birthday in January unless that rest claims him first

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, but he'll be celebrating his 87th birthday in January unless that rest claims him first

Aye, this was going back a few years now. Don't even think Norton still has a chat show on BBC?

1 minute ago, msc said:

Aye, this was going back a few years now. Don't even think Norton still has a chat show on BBC?

He did last Friday - caught sight of it when my DVD finished (The Lobster - gloriously off the wall kind of Never Let me Go type of story). Judi Dench was on there looking lively

On 04/11/2017 at 17:24, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Can they let the poor guy rest? He's a 93 year old with Parkinson's that's been hospitalized at least 3 times this year alone. It can't be healthy forcing him into the public on a frigid November day. 

Nobody was surprised nor did they expect Reagan or Ford to put their misery in the public eye like how 43 and Barbara seem to be exploiting him.

Babs is not some bimbo trophy wife, she has known and loved George H.W. Bush for 76 years now (that's 5 years before Donald Trump was even born, to put this into perspective). They have the longest ever presidential marriage and I'm sure that she cares about him more than anybody else. Also, she's only ONE year younger than him.

So why on God's green earth would you blame a 92 year old woman, who's using an oxygen tank and has very limited mobility at this point in her life, for 41's public appearances? 

19 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Babs is not some bimbo trophy wife, she has known and loved George H.W. Bush for 76 years now (that's 5 years before Donald Trump was even born, to put this into perspective). They have the longest ever presidential marriage and I'm sure that she cares about him more than anybody else. Also, she's only ONE year younger than him.

So why on God's green earth would you blame a 92 year old woman, who's using an oxygen tank and has very limited mobility at this point in her life, for 41's public appearances? 

Cos this is a forum and if we get creative with such blame it's comedy gold

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Cos this is a forum and if we get creative with such blame it's comedy gold

Ah yeah, British comedy. I forgot.

Nevermind.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Ah yeah, British comedy. I forgot.

Nevermind.

Aye

You say tomato and we say tomato

I definitely think he should be prosecuted now. He can't get protection because of his powerful position. They're effectively saying he's a pedofile !

27 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I definitely think he should be prosecuted now. He can't get protection because of his powerful position. They're effectively saying he's a pedofile !

She was 16, while he's certainly a a sexual harasser, serial groper and a cunt lets not get the thing out of proportion. 16 is the legal age of consent in the UK and many other countries. And at least spell worlds properly when accusing people of heinous crimes. It's paedophile. 

• Like 2

"As soon as the picture was being snapped on the one-two-three he dropped his hands from my waist down to my buttocks and gave it a nice, ripe squeeze, which would account for the fact that in the photograph my mouth is hanging wide open," Ms Corrigan said"

well it looks like your just smiling

"I didn't say anything. What does a teenager say to the ex-president of the United States? Like, 'Hey dude, you shouldn't have touched me like that?'"

yes that's exactly what you say. And tell that to the police, straight away, not the media 14 years later.

Think of all the ripe peaches that got a good squeeze over the last 14 years that may still have their innocence.

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

She was 16, while he's certainly a a sexual harasser, serial groper and a cunt lets not get the thing out of proportion. 16 is the legal age of consent in the UK and many other countries. And at least spell worlds properly when accusing people of heinous crimes. It's paedophile. 

18 is the age of consent in Texas, where the incident occurred 

In 12/50 states.

It's 16 in 31/50 states, and Washington DC.

Passing pedant.

26 minutes ago, Deathray said:

It may be the age of consent but she certainly didn’t consent....

• Like 1

Well he's too old and too powerful to go too jail anyway.

15 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Well he's too old and too powerful to go too jail anyway.

And too ill.

One thing that we can conclude is that Bush Sr. definitely had (has?) a strange obsession with female buttocks. I don't think that he'd be convicted, but his reputation is now in ruins. I guess even his relatives wish that he had died before the Weinstein case made sexual harassment the #1 hot topic in America.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:
1 hour ago, Deathray said:

She was 16, while he's certainly a a sexual harasser, serial groper and a cunt lets not get the thing out of proportion. 16 is the legal age of consent in the UK and many other countries. And at least spell words properly when accusing people of heinous crimes. It's paedophile. 

18 is the age of consent in Texas, where the incident occurred 

Irrelevant.  A paedophile is attracted to pre-pubescent children, not nubile teenagers.

• Like 2

Yeah paedophiles go for pre prubuscent children.Many psychologists round it up to 13 as puberty occurs at different times.It is a creepy story if true but he can't be classed as a paedo.

I doubt this particular allegation is true.The accused said her mouth was wide open whereas the picture shows her smiling and relaxed .The pic of Kline though is suspicious.Looks slightly uncomfortable and like she is flinching.

Seeing as all these allegations stem from the last few years is it possible he has been suffering from a form of dementia?He has vascular Parkinsonism so perhaps he has vascular dementia too.Inappropriate sexual behaviour is common amongst sufferers.