VileBody

Astronauts

Okay, based on a crude model that took 90 minutes from start to finish to devise and run we reckon, the dead Russian is somewhere beyond 9 billion miles but not within touching distance of 10. The guy who knows most about planets did give us a snorting; 'does this really matter,' reply when we asked for his help so our grasp of the exact line up of planets and - therefore - the gravitational slingshot available to an accidental space tourist in the early sixties is a little sketchy. He could also have gone the other way which means he have got to the sun before NASA put a man on the Moon.

• Like 1

Okay, based on a crude model that took 90 minutes from start to finish to devise and run we reckon, the dead Russian is somewhere beyond 9 billion miles but not within touching distance of 10. The guy who knows most about planets did give us a snorting; 'does this really matter,' reply when we asked for his help so our grasp of the exact line up of planets and - therefore - the gravitational slingshot available to an accidental space tourist in the early sixties is a little sketchy. He could also have gone the other way which means he have got to the sun before NASA put a man on the Moon.

Kepler would be proud. I trust this was all worked out on the back of a beer mat.

Nah, on a computer, though the speed and crudity of the 'model' is largely down to the fact we took an existing programme and tweaked it rather than starting from scratch. 9.36 billion, give or take. Too many digits for a beer mat.

American former astronaut G. David Low, has died aged 52. He spent a month in space and circled the earth 540 times.

Astronaut Ronald Parise, has died of brain cancer at the age of 55. He spent 614 hours of his life in space, during which time he travelled 10.6 million miles.

during which time he travelled 10.6 million miles.

I think I had the same cab driver. :D

International Space Station in attack of the weightless piss horror. Help is on the way.

Eccentric astronaut, Dr Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the moon, has claimed in a UK radio interview:

"That we have been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real - though it's been covered up by governments for the last 60 years or so".

He has also spoken about his health:

More recently he revealed that he had been cured of a bout of kidney cancer by a man called Adam Dreamhealer who, though based in Canada, did all his healing from a distance and managed to effect a complete recovery through the power of consciousness :lol:

Astronaut enthusiasts, rap enthusiasts, music enthusiasts and anyone else for that matter will no doubt all be equally appalled by this little offering from Buzz Aldrin.

Astronaut enthusiasts, rap enthusiasts, music enthusiasts and anyone else for that matter will no doubt all be equally appalled by this little offering from Buzz Aldrin.

That's awful, makes Neil Armstrong's dignified distance from all publicity seem all the more noble. Aldrin's rapping is dire but his dad dancing is worse.

9-00 pm tonight on BBC 4, the excellent documentary 'Being Neil Armstrong.'

American test pilot Major General Robert Michael White, who once flew faster and higher than anyone else, has died, aged 85. He flew his plane so high that he ended up in space and therefore qualifies as an astronaut.

Bill Lenoir, Space Shuttle astronaut who flew on the first operational mission (in 1982), has died aged 71.

The list of actual moonwalkers.

2l8xk69.gif

Honorary member Michael Jackson: (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009)

Health issues:

Armstrong suffered a heart attack in 1991.

Aldrin has bouts of depression and alcoholism and supports the Republican party, which is a sign of advanced Alzheimer.

Conrad is dust in the wind.

Mr Bean is just a funny old man of 78-years old.

Shepard is powder.

Mitchell is going strong.

Scott is boring us to death.

Irwin is pushing up daisies.

Young lives.

Duke found god and will live forever...

Cernan: uneventful.

Schmitt also has Republican desease and believes global warming is a hoax. Will die of skin cancer I expect.

Jackson drugged to death

Those who went but never arrived.

2jdoq9v.gif

In the meantime there were some other space deaths.

Leonid Denisovich Kizim (August 5, 1941 – June 14, 2010)

Vitaly Ivanovich Sevastyanov (8 July 1935 – 5 April 2010)

Schmitt also has Republican desease and believes global warming is a hoax. Will die of skin cancer I expect.

Schmitt, a geologist, was the only scientist to walk on the Moon. I suppose we learn from this that scientist can be fools too.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Schmitt, a geologist, was the only scientist to walk on the Moon. I suppose we learn from this that scientist can be fools too.

regards,

Hein

[Tongue firmly in cheek] Does geology really count :burnash: [/Tongue firmly in cheek]

Hi.

Update, the below are due at an autograph signing event in London in October 2011. So I guess they must be in decent health!!!!

Buzz (Gemini & Apollo moon walker)

Mitchell (Apollo 14 and moon walker)

Carpenter (Mercury)

Mitzi.

Hi again all.

Just done a bit of quick research.

Of the 10 manned Gemini missions, only one, Gemini 5 ain't got a survivor alive today. (Cooper & Conrad both deceased)

Of the 6 Apollo moon missions (I'm excluding 13 which as you know threw a 'wobbly') at least one moonwalker from each mission survives today.

Interesting eh!

Mitzi.

• Like 1