Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Live Chat

Chat is still there, just takes a good 90 seconds to load the page. It only really gets used en masse once a year anyhow, barring the odd dip in January.

Chat is still there, just takes a good 90 seconds to load the page. It only really gets used en masse once a year anyhow, barring the odd dip in January.

It used to be used more regularly when Zorders was here.

It's kind of impossible to chat right now, because as soon as the chat finally loads for somebody, the other person has left.

Hopefully folks won't give up so easily on New Year's Eve.

Nah radguy, its fucked.

Hopefully when Paul turns on the swear filter at Xmas, he'll do the same with 'chat'.

Turned off both, so if one comes on, the other may too.

It's kind of impossible to chat right now, because as soon as the chat finally loads for somebody, the other person has left.

It sort of amazes me that the chat room always is completely packed around midnight on New Year's Eve. Luckily for me, Britain is an hour behind so I usually have a whole hour for fireworx/celebrations before the new list is released.

It sort of amazes me that the chat room always is completely packed around midnight on New Year's Eve. Luckily for me, Britain is an hour behind so I usually have a whole hour for fireworx/celebrations before the new list is released.

I'm in Chicago, where the new list comes out at 6:00PM.

Plenty of time to chat, complain, compliment, etc. before the celebrations begin.

Plenty of time to chat, complain, compliment, etc. before the celebrations begin.

Hmm. I thought you moved from United States to Poland recently. It's hard to keep up. :P

Hmm. I thought you moved from United States to Poland recently. It's hard to keep up. :P

Yeah, ha ha, my family moves around a lot.

Parents came from Poland to the US (Chicago) in the '80s. Me and my sister were born here.

When I was in middle school they took us to Poland for some years. And a year and a half ago we moved back to the US.

If you can't remember this, it's fine, most of my friends still ask "wait, where were you born again?"

• Like 1

Ah, I see what you mean Paul. Three people in the chat, but only one person showing up in the chat.

Although currently I can see The Dead Cow in the chat too, but couldn't get a message across. Which suggests whatever the fuck is up, its fixable?

"Please wait while we load the chatroom..." - this anything to do with it? It used to load right into the conversation, now it just waits till you type.

Multiple rooms...

Schrödinger Chat.

• Like 2

Right, I'm not very techy, as I've no doubt mentioned before, but... have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? That's what I do.

And when it doesn't work, I swear and find a different version of the thing. Or ask a techy to fix it.

Wonder if at least we can find a "bomb shelter" chat room on a diff site to use for the annual New Year's convo (ie the one time most of us crop up)?

• Like 2

Wonder if at least we can find a "bomb shelter" chat room on a diff site to use for the annual New Year's convo (ie the one time most of us crop up)?

There's a chatting website I use called xat.com I can always set up a Deathlist chat on there.

There's a chatting website I use called xat.com I can always set up a Deathlist chat on there.

Oh wow, that site's still going? I used it myself around 2010. A clunky mess of a site, admittedly, but it makes me nostalgic nonetheless.

• Like 2

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/397119-future-versions-of-ip-chat-to-have-proxy-support/?do=findComment&comment=2458986

Chat needs to connect to our gateway server to start a chat session for the user, and then again when they are actually chatting; there's no getting around the fact that IP.Chat will need to connect to a remote server. This won't change in IPS4 either I'm afraid.

Perhaps your host could add an exception for the servers IP.Chat needs to connect to? Our support team can provide those addresses if it is helpful.

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/397119-future-versions-of-ip-chat-to-have-proxy-support/?do=findComment&comment=2458986

Chat needs to connect to our gateway server to start a chat session for the user, and then again when they are actually chatting; there's no getting around the fact that IP.Chat will need to connect to a remote server. This won't change in IPS4 either I'm afraid.

Perhaps your host could add an exception for the servers IP.Chat needs to connect to? Our support team can provide those addresses if it is helpful.

bump

• Like 1

Well, if nobody can be arsed to fix it by this time tomorrow, I'll make a chat box on xat for us.

Edit: "can be arsed"... look at me, turning into a bloody Englishman. uh-oh... there I go again.

I am away during the critical time, so I'll see you on the other side!

Well, if nobody can be arsed to fix it by this time tomorrow, I'll make a chat box on xat for us.

Edit: "can be arsed"... look at me, turning into a bloody Englishman. uh-oh... there I go again.

I'm in the chatroom now and it loaded in about twenty seconds, anyone else online able to come in to see if the issues been resolved?

I did check it. It took 3 mins to load here and no one else was in there when it opened up.

I did check it. It took 3 mins to load here and no one else was in there when it opened up.

Wtf? I haven't left the room and no activity has been logged at all while i've been in there for the past 5 minutes.

So you RG, it might be worth setting that back up chat for the annual new years natter.

I'm in the chatroom now and it loaded in about twenty seconds, anyone else online able to come in to see if the issues been resolved?

Rocky and I whilst conversing on PM tried this the other day. We were both logged as in the chatroom but we could only see our own posts and not each other's.

Read my post at the top of this page to see what I think the problem is.

• Like 1