Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

3 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Harry Whittington - Shot by Dick Cheney in 2006 and has subsequently suffered from numerous ailments. 

This one is a really great one, and one I tend to forget. He suffered a collapsed lung, a heart attack, he has 30 pieces of shot inside his body, one of which is very near his heart and can't be removed from there...and he's 95 now. It's impressive he's survived so long, it'd be interesting, great if he outlived Dick.

And one more I could think of I forgot to add to my list is Erwin Schild, major Canadian conservative rabbi. He's 102 and has been on oxygen for around six years now.

And well, Shyam Saran Negi. No idea how he's still alive.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Some suggestions:

Peter Procter - Terminal cancer since at least 2019. He was also badly injured in a motor racing accident in 1966.

Peter is a good acquaintance of mine. He's well into his 90's, but his cancer is slow-moving and the treatment he's taking for it works well keeping him active as he still makes a few visits outside Yorkshire. His burns suffered in 1966... I think they would have had more effect now to be honest.

PP seems to me to be the person who might go downhill quickly if his wife - Shirley - dies first. Otherwise, I'd hazard a guess that he'll see 2024.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arghton said:

This one is a really great one, and one I tend to forget. He suffered a collapsed lung, a heart attack, he has 30 pieces of shot inside his body, one of which is very near his heart and can't be removed from there...and he's 95 now. It's impressive he's survived so long, it'd be interesting, great if he outlived Dick.

Did provide one of Jon Stewart's greatest lines: "Alexander Hamilton was shot in a duel about honour and the values of the nation. Harry Whittington...got mistaken for a duck."

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, drol said:

I always tend to forget some notable performances. Anyway Yuriko, JPE and Satya Mohan Joshi have gone beyond human possibilities this year. These fuckers would not die even if repeatedly shot in the head.

As far as I know the following ones already on the list have survived hospitalisations in 2022 this far :

Tin Oo (Covid, around 18 February-1 March, was on oxygen)

V. S. Achuthanandan (Covid, 20 January-24 January)

Alberto Fujimori (Hospitalised 4 times this far this year)

Mulayam Singh Yadav (UTI, around June 25-before July 11)

Yuriko (Covid, July, unsure if discharged)

Juan Ponce Enrile (Severe pneumonia in May, hospitalised for 8 days. Covid + pneumonia in June)

Paulo Maluf (Covid hospitalisation in February, under 24/7 care at home)

Mahathir Mohamad (Severe heart issue he "barely survived" in January)

Satya Mohan Joshi (Pneumonia and UTI in February, hospitalised in ICU with urinary tract infection, swollen heart, atrial fibrillation, dilated cardiomyopathy, acute kidney injury and traction fibro-bronchiectasis with pleural thickening in his respiratory tract in April. Discharged after ten days.)

20 hours ago, arghton said:

15. Rahimuddin Khan: Already in failing health in 2013, unable to make any public appearances since.

16. Sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah: Kuwait prince wheelchairbound and frail for decades, rumored dead a few years ago. Seems to be unable to talk and hasn't made any appearances in nearly 2 years.

About these two, I put them this low because their illnesses are not known. I've tried to search, but for example the Sheikh has been wheelchairbound for atleast a decade. Here's a video of him being wheeled around prior to 2010 with a few seemingly even older clips of him walking:

• Like 1

t

On 30/07/2022 at 17:00, Summer in Transylvania said:

Kazimierz Klimczak - Frail, has been a war invalid since 1939(!) 

Colonel Klimczak actually made a rare public appearance a few days ago:

klimczak.png.3bc7695697d3e1d9d129b35b766b0322.png

On 30/07/2022 at 15:40, arghton said:

ratna.png.3218199dcb4bf3b4b882cbc1137609ac.png

26. Queen Ratna: In failing health for over a decade, already reported "ailing" in 2008, the former Queen, Queen Mother and Queen Grandmother of Nepal has been hospitalised a couple of times in recent years, notably three years ago due to persistent cough. Was wheelchairbound in 2019.

I've updated my list to have a more round number of names, 21 to 30. Let's see who's still alive at the start of 2023, my bet is that atleast 10, a third of the names, will be dead by then. Ratna's one of the new additions, perennial pool pick, in failing health for over a decade and 94 this month. That picture allegedly of her is from last month but she looks unrecognizable. Here's one from the 2010s:

ratna.png.e6ceac86fb09bac7327e6c87273dfb0a.png

About Prince Sabah, he's been rumored dead atleast twice: around 2018 and October 2020. He's been treated in multiple hospitals in different countries, including the US according to one October 2020 article. It's a miracle that he's still alive, he's 96 and has looked like a human version of garfield since the 60s.

My pessimistic 2023 estimated survival percentages for the current Immortals:

Spoiler

Kaikala Satyanarayana - 10%: Permanent tracheotomy, bedbound, on an ng tube, on oxygen at all times. He survived covid, a fall, multiple organ failure and septic shock in November 2021 but he's seemingly hanging on by a thread and the chance of a fatal infection happening soon isn't small. What he survived in 2021 probably has a survival percentage of around 2% or less, and him still living is a medical miracle. DEAD

Satya Mohan Joshi - 20%: He has this far survived everything this year and completely recovered. However his heart obviously seems to be failing and I expect him to die in his sleep or get into another hospitalisation spree soon. He did the latter and died.

Violeta Chamorro - 25%: Stroke, dementia, brain tumors. Can't go on for much longer surely and it's a miracle how she's even alive...

Yu Miu-lin - 25%: Advanced pulmonary fibrosis, tons of diseases also her blood cancer could come back and that'd be her end. Has said that she's completely fine with her mortality/immortality.

Sidney Cooke - 30%: Strokes, heart attacks, see Chamorro...

David Musuguri - 30%: Diabetic 102-year-old who has been unable to make any public appearances this year.

Bob Barker - 30%: Has failed to make appearances in ages, probably very ill now.

Leslie Phillips - 30%: As Barker, failed to make appearances in ages, probably very ill for a longer time and now kept alive but we can't know for sure. Dead.

Zhu Rongji - 35%: See Barker and Phillips. In hospital for ages and has failed to make appearances for around two years.

Yan Mingfu - 35%: See Barker, Rongji and Phillips.

Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee - 35%: End stage COPD and other ailments, but still well enough to communicate.

Carmen Sevilla - 35%: See the ones above and the one below...

Joanne Woodward - 35%: Sevilla and Woodward probably have a larger chance to die during the colder season

V. S. Achuthanandan - 35%: Really frail.

Emmanuel Milingo - 35%: Dying in 2021, now no news for a year. What happened? Probably still dying, but hasn't finished the process.

Ma Shitu - 40%: The doyen of the immortals (again), he seems to be doing fine despite having suffered from cancer multiple times but he's 107. There are always a ton of risks, he could die from anything.

Khamtai Siphandone - 40%: Seemed very frail during his last public appearance in 2021.

Wan Haifeng - 40%: Really don't know, frail, 101...

Jiang Zemin - 40%: Seemingly he'll never die and isn't senile/demented judging on how he recieved a phone call this year. Dead, from leukemia and multiple organ failure.

Queen Sirikit - 40%: Zombie since her stroke years ago, seems very tough.

Tin Oo - 45%: On oxygen with covid this year. Later had a photoshoot at home and seemed fine. Don't think this is necessarily his year.

Jimmy Carter - 45%: Wheelchairbound and really frail but able to make an appearance a few months ago!

Zou Yu - 45%: Admittedly I don't know much about his health, but he's 101.

Song Ping - 45%: 105, should've died ages ago but still going. I don't know if the good die young, but with Kissinger, he's living proof that the bad live forever.

Cesar Virata - 50%: He's an obese nonagenarian who looks like his heart could burst any moment but still somehow sharp and able to attend events, looking half asleep and in pain. Gave him a pretty low percentage because this all just reminds me of Kanievsky.

Mahathir Mohamad - 50%: Seems well and recently travelled to Japan, but you never know. Could just die in his sleep from a heart attack.

Saalumarada Thimmakka - 50%: Seems fine and now out and about.

Fauja Singh - 50%: Thin, but not dying.

Hu Qili - 50%: Not sure, but doesn't seem in danger.

Yuriko, Princess Mikasa - 50%: How the hell do you completely recover from everything she's had, Japanese media? I don't believe it.

Jerry Lee Lewis - 55%: Ultrafrail, possibly demented and was very ill at the start of the year. Doing slightly better, but for how long? Dead, from pneumonia. Also probably had a ton of chronic diseases on top of his recent ones.

Wang Huo - 55%: He's 98 and has a hedonistic careless lifestyle that has caused him to have multiple heart attacks, but currently seems to be doing fine.

Driss Guiga - 55%: Obese and 97, but seems fine.

Chen Ning-yang - 55%: Frail, soon 100, but I think he'll probably make it.

Yusuf Qaradawi - 60%: I have to admit I know nothing about his current condition but he seems to be doing relatively fine... Was actually suffering from an unknown terminal disease that killed him.

Wang Hanbin - 60%: Seems fine, even though I do not know much about his health.

Ashi Tashi Dorji - 60%: Seemed slightly more frail on her 98th last year but probably not a 2022 death.

Raoni Metuktire - 60%: Looked a bit corpsy this year, but not currently very ill.

Amadou Mahtar M'Bow - 60%: 101, but seems fine.

Paulo Maluf - 65%: Gets pneumonia every half a year and used to suffer from cancer, allegedly demented. Still half of it could be made up to keep him out of jail and doesn't seem on the verge of death.

Gaositwe Chiepe - 65%: Seems fine.

Henry Kissinger - 65%: Fat but not that frail atleast mentally, think he'll make it to 100 sadly.

Tsung-Dao Lee - 65%: No known health problems as far as I know, and "only" 95. But on the other hand I haven't seen a new picture of him in ages.

Alberto Fujimori - 65%: Hospitalised four times this year, mostly only ill with Iwanttogetoutofjailitis.

Maria Nyerere - 65%: Doing fine.

Mulayam Singh Yadav - 70%: Widowed this year, wheelchairbound but much younger than most of the others and not currently ill. Actually was ill and died from stomach cancer and complications.

Abdoulaye Wade - 70%: Seems fine.

Juan Ponce Enrile - 75%: Survived severe pneumonia, covid and pneumonia this year but doing fine and working. Not sure if I've been brainwashed by the Filipino twitter population but now I doubt he'll die before 100.

Muhammed Saeed al-Sahhaf - 80%: "End stage cancer" in 2014, now seemingly doing fine if those pictures are new.

Joseph Estrada - 90%: Doing just fine now. Doubt he'll die this year or anytime soon and will probably be the last of the Class of 2022.

• Like 2

On 21/07/2022 at 17:38, Charles De Gaulle said:

At this point Olivia Newton John might be a candidate for this list. Been battling stage 4 cancer with spread to her spine for 5 and a half years now.

You jinx.

• Like 1

Why don't you die?

For God's sake, some of you fuckers die!

6 minutes ago, drol said:

Why don't you die?

For God's sake, some of you fuckers die!

Meh. 18 from your list since the start of the year is pretty good. Might get another 10 or so by the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Meh. 18 from your list since the start of the year is pretty good. Might get another 10 or so by the end of the year.

No hit in a month is a very long time for this decomposing bunch of arseholes.

9 minutes ago, drol said:

I think we are in for a big one or two in the coming days. Newton-John was just the start of the snowball

1 hour ago, drol said:

But atleast two suggested people have died during the last days: Newton-John and Loiri.

But it's been a pretty dull month. So many names on the list that we haven't heard of in years and that could die now or live another two years (Phillips, Woodward, Musuguri, Chamorro, Cooke, Barker, Haifeng, Sevilla...) and then there are a lot now/still doing pretty fine. No-one is "actively" dying, except maybe Kaikala Satyanarayana who judging on that July appearance doesn't have long to live. 

satyanarayana.jpg.0023f217ec6950835fe8dfb9d9dbe059.jpg

• Thanks 1

The fact is those people are very old and very ill. They should be dropping like flies and that is not happening. 

Plus the fact all the Chinese are still alive scares me. Has old Wang already translated "death" in Chinese? Because it's always useful to learn new words.

• Like 1

Arghton's suggestion Abigail Kawananakoa hospitalised in serious condition after a fall.

Onto the list if she survives.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, drol said:

Arghton's suggestion Abigail Kawananakoa hospitalised in serious condition after a fall.

Onto the list if she survives.

She'll survive now that you've given her a mention in this thread.

Tuvia Weiss, Weakland, Khan and Gorby dead already from the names suggested last month (and Loiri from the ones suggested previously), surely one of the (checks notes) 50? people on the lists will go soon.

Checked: It's been 53/54 days since the last death (Luis Echeverria 8 July), longest drought here since the initial list was posted in December 2020, longer than the ca. 51-day gap between Edwin Edwards (12 July 2021) and SAS Geelani (1 September 2021) 

Adding some suggestions here...

Jayapataka Swami - ISKCON religious hindu guy who suffered a massive debilitating brain stem stroke and two brain hemorrhages in 2008. Spent a month critical, underwent tracheotomy but somehow survived. Later discovered that he'd had Hepatitis C since the 80s and underwent a liver and kidney transplant in 2018. Also hospitalised a number of times for infections and everything since his stroke. 

Billy "The Kid" Emerson (1925-2023) and Erwin Schild (1920-2024) both have been ages on oxygen, Billy Emerson for atleast 5 and Schild for atleast 7 years.

Sohel Rana (1947) Bangladeshi actor, spent over a week "critical" and "deteriorating" in ICU, life support with covid. I look forward to his future hospitalisations...

Vittorio Cecchi Gori (1942) Hospitalised in 2008, "critical" after stroke in 2017, ischemia in 2019, acute respiratory failure in 2022. Obese.

Mišo Kovač (1941) Hospitalised three times in late 2021 with pulmonary issues, pneumonia, covid. Was on oxygen, but seemingly recovered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now more than two months without a single death...

We chose them well at least.

• Like 2

On 11/09/2022 at 19:18, drol said:

Now more than two months without a single death...

We chose them well at least.

But around three, four have survived hospitalisations during the last weeks? Mahathir, Mulayam, Raoni.

I hope the perennial dementia sufferers start to finally drop soon when the cold season starts. Sevilla, Woodward, additionally Pasqual Maragall, Prunella Scales and Margarita Terekhova. I expect atleast three of these five to die before 2023, all long long overdue...

VS Achuthanandan apparently had fever recently but has already recovered from it according to his son's facebook. Not known if he needed to be taken to the hospital. Here's a picture from five days ago:

achuthanandan.png.cf3191bf302b6307c61266a475fbdbb8.png

Satya Mohan Joshi reportedly hospitalised with dengue, UTI, bad appetite, weakness, chronic heart problems, breathing problems and other old age ailments (He's 102).

"According to the hospital, Joshi was jointly examined by doctors from different departments (medicine, pulmonology, urology, cardiology, nephrology)."

"Alarming" but there is "no need to panic" say the doctors.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arghton said:

Satya Mohan Joshi reportedly hospitalised with dengue, UTI, bad appetite, weakness, chronic heart problems, breathing problems and other old age ailments (He's 102).

"According to the hospital, Joshi was jointly examined by doctors from different departments (medicine, pulmonology, urology, cardiology, nephrology)."

Ultimate coffin tease.

On 23/09/2022 at 22:53, arghton said:

According to facebook posts he's improving but no proof has been given. Nepal's press has been awfully quiet on his health though.. Every time I check Wikipedia's "Deaths in 2022" page I expect to see his name.

Well, seems like he probably isn't in such bad condition after all and might get out of hospital alive as the government has decided he'll be provided one nurse "for regular care". 

Good riddance. Not one of the deaths I expected to happen next, but a welcome one. The drought is over.

• Like 1