Captain Oates

Interesting Ways To Die...

A man fell to his death this week while touring the Grand Canyon and walking across its 4000-ft high viewing platform. 

The 33-year-old plummeted from the edge of the canyon's "Sky Walk" attraction — a walkway that extends out over the chasm and allows tourists to look down to its bottom.

Nick Cannon Is One Of The Richest Heirs On Earthinvesting.com|

Sponsored

The unidentified man fell over 4,000 ft,

*best I can tell in 1 minute of research is that it took about 25 seconds for impact, that’s a lot of time to think about what you’ve done.

SC

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Sponsored

That's very interesting news, Sir Creep. Thank you for posting.

• Haha 10

8 hours ago, Superstar said:

That's very interesting news, Sir Creep. Thank you for posting.

Haha. Gdamn embedded photos. That’s pretty funny tho.  

11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

A man fell to his death this week while touring the Grand Canyon and walking across its 4000-ft high viewing platform. 

The 33-year-old plummeted from the edge of the canyon's "Sky Walk" attraction — a walkway that extends out over the chasm and allows tourists to look down to its bottom.

Sponsored

*best I can tell in 1 minute of research is that it took about 25 seconds for impact, that’s a lot of time to think about what you’ve done.

SC

Man! He had lots of time to phone home he would be late for dinner!

Submarine bringing tourists to see the Titanic up close in person missing.

Developing story.

On 20/02/2023 at 13:42, Sinbabad said:

The most interesting way to die would be the one of former French president Félix Faure : he died while having sex, the orgasm giving him a heart attack !

The father of Guy Burgess too - https://media.nationalarchives.gov.uk/index.php/stalins-englishman-lives-guy-burgess/

"According to Burgess, he was woken up – this was at the beginning of September 1924 – by anguished cries from his parents’ bedroom. He ran next door to find that his father had died in the course of making love to his mother and the young boy of thirteen was forced to separate the two inert bodies. He said that that was to shape both his attitude to his mother and indeed his own sexuality."

On 18/06/2023 at 00:11, Sir Creep said:

Sponsored

SC

I don't even want to visit these sites like the Grand Canyon anymore, because I assume some guy will be fucking around with his phone or pulling a "it's just a prank, bro" and knock me over the edge. 

ugh or like that kid whose classmates teased him into jumping off a party boat, right into a bunch of sharks: Cameron Robbins Video With Possible Shark in Water Viewed 10m Times (newsweek.com) Would be way worse if he grabbed onto another kid on his way down.

12 hours ago, lilham said:

I don't even want to visit these sites like the Grand Canyon anymore, because I assume some guy will be fucking around with his phone or pulling a "it's just a prank, bro" and knock me over the edge. 

ugh or like that kid whose classmates teased him into jumping off a party boat, right into a bunch of sharks: Cameron Robbins Video With Possible Shark in Water Viewed 10m Times (newsweek.com) Would be way worse if he grabbed onto another kid on his way down.

Along those lines, at University of Michigan football games they always would have some person ‘body surf’ with everyone lifting them from somewhere in the stands and pushing them toward the top row. As they approached the final rows they would chant ‘over the top! Over the top!’ which was supposed to be amusing because of course no one would throw a person from the top of the stadium.  Until they actually did. 

Yeah, they don’t do that anymore.

• Shocked 1

Looks like the sea is taking another life.

Man swimming the English Channel to France gone missing.

Story from 2022. Girl poses with dad and guns. Later shoots dad and herself. Tragic...

In 53 BC at the battle of Carrae, Roman Consul Crassus, who with other consuls Caesar and Pompeius formed the Triumvirate, was killed by Parthians when, in a way to mock his greed, they poured melted gold in his mouth !

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Mom dies after stepping into a nest of fire ants.

This article scared the crap out of me because fire ants seek you out. They bite hundreds of times at once. 

I still remember seeing an autistic kid just get covered head to toe within seconds. (You're supposed to run and get the water hose, or alert someone to do that; he was non-verbal). 

13 minutes ago, lilham said:

This article scared the crap out of me because fire ants seek you out. They bite hundreds of times at once. 

I still remember seeing an autistic kid just get covered head to toe within seconds. (You're supposed to run and get the water hose, or alert someone to do that; he was non-verbal). 

Jesus fucking christ.

This episode of King of the Hill shows it perfectly. You have to bomb out your whole lawn to get rid of them, and they swarm:

Settle down people.  Fire ants hurt and if you’re stupid enough to lay on their hill or ingest them you could die I guess, but normally you’ll get a bunch of very itchy welts and it lasts maybe a week.  I was always concerned my daughter would get into them crawling/toddling around the grass but it never happened.  Only a couple bites ever that I recall.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Settle down people.  Fire ants hurt and if you’re stupid enough to lay on their hill or ingest them you could die I guess, but normally you’ll get a bunch of very itchy welts and it lasts maybe a week.  I was always concerned my daughter would get into them crawling/toddling around the grass but it never happened.  Only a couple bites ever that I recall.

Sounds like you're from the fire ant lobby. They're very aggressive.
It matters if you are in a Northern state or Southern state. They aren't avoidable in the South. I guess the joke is to avoid the South.
This article says 5% could lead to anaphylactic deaths: Beware of the Bugs: Fire Ants Can Kill Americans - ABC News (go.com) It only takes 500-1000 stings to get to that level. It becomes riskier the more times you're stung. Fire Ants: Symptoms and Treatments (healthline.com)
They do this thing where if you kill their hill, they somehow just pick up and move a few feet and make it bigger the next day. 
Loved it when they built a nest in the wall behind my bed on the second floor.

Officials in Florida said a 25-year-old woman died when logs fell onto her car after a crash with a log truck.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, an SUV was traveling east on state road 200 around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.

Authorities said the woman was driving in the outside lane behind a semi-truck carrying logs and did not maintain a safe distance. She then hit the truck, which caused the logs to fall on and into her car.

SC

On 19/07/2023 at 01:52, Sir Creep said:

Officials in Florida said a 25-year-old woman died when logs fell onto her car after a crash with a log truck.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, an SUV was traveling east on state road 200 around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.

Authorities said the woman was driving in the outside lane behind a semi-truck carrying logs and did not maintain a safe distance. She then hit the truck, which caused the logs to fall on and into her car.

SC

Any time roads, logs and cars are mentioned in the same sentence, I just automatically think of Final Destination 2... :unsure:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Any time roads, logs and cars are mentioned in the same sentence, I just automatically think of Final Destination 2... :unsure:

It's why I'm mandate if I'm ever in an automobile driving anywhere near those kinds of trucks that we get the hell away from them. No one knows truly if standards are being followed in terms of making sure the logs are secure, and any number of things could be covered up in terms of mechanical problems with the truck that could cause an incident...

Happens far too likely for me to be willing to take a chance.

Ooh, classic one!

A 27-year old woman sleeping in high grass, enter the lawnmower.  Fill in the blanks.

Family was left to pick up the pieces, quite literally....

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 2