Lady Die

Harry Potter

As posted elsewhere, Alan Rickman who was superb as Snape in the movies has died at 69. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

Preparing for a marathon read through and movie binge later. Damn you Reaper!

Now that wasn't something I was expecting to see when I got in to work. I had no idea he was ill.

Absolutely tragic his passing is in this thread.

Fucking shameful.

• Like 1

It's in other, more appropriate, threads, I agree.

For millions it's his best known role, like it or not. *shrug*

It'll be the same for Maggie Smith, Miriam Margolyes, Zoe Wanamaker, etc etc etc etc.

• Like 1

Absolutely tragic his passing is in this thread.

Fucking shameful.

If you think that's bad, my brother-in-law used to do the little obits for the dead pool that we do in our small group. When Eric Sykes died, he put that he was best known for the role of Frank Bryce in Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. (or as my son likes to call it, "Harry Potter and the Goblin on Fire")

Guest yasin french

yeah i agree ron is the dullest fucking charactor in the book

It's in other, more appropriate, threads, I agree.

For millions it's his best known role, like it or not. *shrug*

It'll be the same for Maggie Smith, Miriam Margolyes, Zoe Wanamaker, etc etc etc etc.

It depends on where you are, Maggie Smith for many here in the US most recently is known for her role in Downton Abbey

People wouldn't put Lemmy in a thread about 'cards', Bowie in a thread about 'gnomes' or even John Cleese in a thread about 'clocks'.

Fucking shameful he is remembered by a sixth rate fantasy franchise.

Fuckin shameful .

• Like 2

In this context, he shares the fate of John Hurt, the "Harry Potter actor with pancreatic cancer".

• Like 1

In this context, he shares the fate of John Hurt, the "Harry Potter actor with pancreatic cancer".

At least we know John Hurt is ill, so it wouldn't be too much of a shock when he goes. But he also has had more memorable roles. For me I remember him more as Timothy Evans in 10 Rillington Place, The voice of Hazel in Watership Down, and as John Merrick in Elephant Man. Not to mention the theatre work he did. I consider myself fortunate to have seen him on stage when he was appearing in several plays by Samuel Becket at The Barbican Theatre in London.

Well I've no problem with his obit here vs 'British Character Actors' but then I don't see British shows to know the plethora of character actors he has been.

He's Prof Snape and Hans Gruber. The rest don't matter, and Snape being a defining role x8, it's totally appropriate he is listed here be anywhere else. I'd have posted under Hollywood Possibilities, but barring that, here. Surely not bloody 'British Character Actors'

Who remembers who was posted in what thread anyway? Rickman isn't disappointed, I can tell you that.

In any case, speaking of threads:

An unknown secret cancer...69..... Anyone see a common one?

SC

• Like 1

Two celebrities has been passed away so far this year, and no one is in deathlist, someone is not doing his job.

I feel annoyed about it.

Jeff-Albertson.png

Two celebrities has been passed away so far this year, and no one is in deathlist, someone is not doing his job.

I feel annoyed about it.

Jeff-Albertson.png

Considering the details of their illness were kept a secret, how was anyone supposed to know?

People wouldn't put Lemmy in a thread about 'cards', Bowie in a thread about 'gnomes' or even John Cleese in a thread about 'clocks'.

Fuckin shameful .

calm yourself

he was in all 8 films - one of the main characters in all 8 to boot, some of which rank as some of the highest grossing movies ever.

just because you wouldnt lower yourself to watch them doesnt mean it shouldnt be in here

• Like 1

Fuckin shameful .

calm yourself

he was in all 8 films - one of the main characters in all 8 to boot, some of which rank as some of the highest grossing movies ever.

just because you wouldnt lower yourself to watch them doesnt mean it shouldnt be in here

Fuck . Off.

You can put any old shit on a stick, film it and get box office, see Star Wars.

This was an adaptation of a crap book written by an English single parent asylum seeker, sold to similar single parent bitches who didn't know how else to keep their bastards quiet. She wrote it in an Edinburgh coffee shop ffs, a coffee there is dearer than a pint, ergo she is untrustable.

You obviously don't remember the stooshie in '42 when Prof Orderz posted the assassination of Heydrich in 'jews of our time' because he had contributed most to the thead and most folk associated him with it.

Fuckin shameful .

calm yourself

Fuck . Off.

You can put any old shit on a stick, film it and get box office, see Star Wars.

This was an adaptation of a crap book written by an English single parent asylum seeker, sold to similar single parent bitches who didn't know how else to keep their bastards quiet. She wrote it in an Edinburgh coffee shop ffs, a coffee there is dearer than a pint, ergo she is untrustable.

You obviously don't remember the stooshie in '42 when Prof Orderz posted the assassination of Heydrich in 'jews of our time' because he had contributed most to the thead and most folk associated him with it.

he was very good in the Harry potter films :D

• Like 1

SC

Here's a list of 69 year old famous people who (if they do have 'undisclosed to the public' cancer) could possibly continue this unfortunate pattern anytime soon...

Steven Spielberg (bearded film director chap)

Benny Anderson (bearded dude from ABBA)

Marianne Faithful (late 1960s socialite who did bugger all apart from get photographed with famous musicians and 'shared' the occasional Mars bar with Mick Jagger.)

Dick Wolf ( U.S. 'Law & Order' creator/producer)

Peter Green (former lead singer with Fleetwood Mac)

Daryl Hall (Lead singer of Hall & Oates)

Richard Carpenter ( the bloke out of The Carpenters, '70s twee pop duo)

Barry Gibb (last surviving Bee Gee)

Bill Clinton (former U.S. president who did not have sexual relations with that woman, allegedly)

George W. Bush (the U.S. president after the above)

Donald Trump (wealthy foreign bloke with dodgy hair)

Sylvester Stallone (Rocky Balboa)

Cher (She believes in life after love)

Donovan (1960s hippy folk singer. Not Jasons dad apparently)

Joanna Lumley (Actress famous for being Purdey in the New Avengers, Patti from 'Ab Fab' and her love of all things 'Sherpa'.

Liza Minelli ( Judy Garlands daughter & 'Cabaret' actress. 'dar-ling!')

Timothy Dalton (Played James Bond from 1987 to 1989 & generally a grumpy thespian)

There's loads more, but I can't be bothered to list them all.

• Like 2

SC

Here's a list of 69 year old famous people who (if they do have 'undisclosed to the public' cancer) could possibly continue this unfortunate pattern anytime soon...

Marianne Faithful (late 1960s socialite who did bugger all apart from get photographed with famous musicians and 'shared' the occasional Mars bar with Mick Jagger.)

Bill Clinton (former U.S. president who did not have sexual relations with that woman, allegedly)

Joanna Lumley (Actress famous for being Purdey in the New Avengers, Patti from 'Ab Fab' and her love of all things 'Sherpa'.

Timothy Dalton (Played James Bond from 1987 to 1989 & generally a grumpy thespian)

Have any of them been suspiciously out of the limelight for the last 18 months or so? That's the real question.

SC

Have any of them been suspiciously out of the limelight for the last 18 months or so? That's the real question.

Well, not Ms Faithfull, and I hope she doesn't do a Lemmy she can hang on for another couple of weeks as I have a ticket to see her in concert.

• Like 2

I compared the Harry Potter films to taking the finest ingredients and deep frying them.

When I say the finest ingredients I am referring to Gambon, Shaw, Griffiths, Smith, Coltrane, Wannamker etc not Radcliffe, Grint & Watson

Is it worth speculating on the Curse of Harry Potter yet

Richard Harris, Richard Griffiths, Alan Rickman.......

If there is one........Robbie Coltrane would be a good bet.....

Richard Harris,Eric Sykes,Richard Griffiths, Alan Rickman.......

Eric sykes was in a Harry Potter flim and was the top billed actor.

I think Voldemort killed them.