We are trying hard to find and detect the bacteria and treat him with proper antibiotics, but we cannot guarantee it will be successful," he told reporters. "We are not happy with his condition today."

Suharto, who was rushed to a hospital with anemia and a dangerously low heart rate Jan. 4, has suffered multiple organ failure and is on a ventilator and a dialysis machine and is being fed through a tube.

"There are new infections in several parts of his body," said Dr. Marjo Subiandono. "The increased sepsis is threatening his life."

Feels like we have been here before. I think it is the passing of Heath Ledger that sent him downward spirialing again. :P

Doctor eyes a return home for Suharto

Indonesia's former president Suharto may be able to leave hospital soon if his condition does not deteriorate further, one of the doctors treating him said.

Suharto's condition has gone up and down since he was admitted to hospital three weeks ago, and doctors Wednesday said it was worsening because of fresh infections.

The 86-year-old former strongman remains critical after suffering multiple organ failure, but Christian Johannes, one of the dozens of doctors treating him, said indicators now showed the level of infection was decreasing.

"This shows an improvement," he told reporters outside the hospital around midnight. "If his conditions remain stable in the next two, three days, he may return (home)."

Guest Guest

I think we can now safely conclude beyond doubt that the so called Suharto illness has been a massive hoax perpetrated on all of us to try and get him off his legal charges.The doctors have clearly been paid a fortune to lie and exagerate to the press.Suharto will survive,for a few more years,but I vote that we kill off discussion about this latest bogus health crisis here and now.Who agrees with me?

Well if he really has sepsis then I would give him only another two weeks.

I think we can now safely conclude beyond doubt that the so called Suharto illness has been a massive hoax perpetrated on all of us to try and get him off his legal charges.The doctors have clearly been paid a fortune to lie and exagerate to the press.Suharto will survive,for a few more years,but I vote that we kill off discussion about this latest bogus health crisis here and now.Who agrees with me?

Ahhh, come on. For sheer entertainment value and a whole new lexicon of medical terminology like "brain failure" it's been hard to beat. And the latest one, hot off the press......

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/01/24/...sia-Suharto.php

"JAKARTA, Indonesia: Former Indonesian dictator Suharto ate half a biscuit Thursday as his health improved marginally but he remained in critical condition and attached to a ventilator, doctors said."

then further down the same article

"...has suffered multiple organ failure and is on a ventilator, dialysis machine and
is being fed through a tube"

Does it count as "eating" if they've fired a custard cream down a tube??? :P

Given his latest supposed problem maybe a digestive biscuit would have been more appropriate??

Of course it's a hoax, but I'm enjoying the farcical execution of it. Not as much as I'd enjoy his actual execution though.

Ahhh, come on. For sheer entertainment value and a whole new lexicon of medical terminology like "brain failure" it's been hard to beat. And the latest one, hot off the press......

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/01/24/...sia-Suharto.php

"JAKARTA, Indonesia: Former Indonesian dictator Suharto ate half a biscuit Thursday as his health improved marginally but he remained in critical condition and attached to a ventilator, doctors said."

then further down the same article

"...has suffered multiple organ failure and is on a ventilator, dialysis machine and
is being fed through a tube"

Does it count as "eating" if they've fired a custard cream down a tube??? :(

Given his latest supposed problem maybe a digestive biscuit would have been more appropriate??

Of course it's a hoax, but I'm enjoying the farcical execution of it. Not as much as I'd enjoy his actual execution though.

I agree if nothing else its very entertaining and at least has given us something to talk about.

I wait with baited breath for the next episode in the saga. Its like a dreadful Aussie soap, so bad you can't help but get hooked. :P

Guest Idle away hours with these super

To help certain deathlisters pass the hours between Suhurto press releases I have devised a list of 10 seat of your pants, adrenalin packed activities in which you can partake.

1) Sort all your correspondence over the last ten years in a specially designed quasi-duodecimal yet alphabetised fashion, and then shred it.

2) Phone up various call centres and see how long you can go round in circles by pressing the option buttons listed. Plot your results in a statistical distribution and write a report in LaTeX summarising your findings

3) Chisel away at the build up of ice in your freezer with a toothpick

4) Translate the Magna Carta from Latin into Esperanto via Klingon

5) Watch the cubic zirconia special on QVC, which you have taped for emergencies such as these

6) Travel to your local airport by intermittently hopping and taking "pigeon steps" to wait for a flight that is scheduled to depart on the 24th January 2009.

7) Try pulling out your teeth with silly string and blu-tac

8) Post something inane on the Patrick Moore thread; it would make some DLers day, you'll have to trust me on this one :P

9) Visit Tunbridge Wells and ask around, see if you can find where Mr and Mrs A. N. Noyed live

10) Edit the entire site of wikipedia changing each E for an I and each A for a P

Why don't you turn just switch off your internet set and go out and do something less boring instead?

St Peter's preparing his choir

As doctors and patient conspire

Even on Vanuatu

It's ever "Suharto"

Predict when the man will expire

Suharto's not feeling too pukka

While treating DL like a sucker

Now he's getting better

We're fed up! Just get a

Damn move on and die you fat f****r

tuesday: "On January 8, 2008, Suharto's health worsened as doctors diagnosed him of anaemia and low blood pressure due to heart and kidney complications. There was internal bleeding, fluid on his lungs, blood in his faeces and urine which caused haemoglobin drop."

thursday: suharto improves slightly

friday: suharto suffers multiple organ failure

saturday: suharto improves slightly

sunday: suharto very critical

monday: suharto improves slightly

tuesday: suharto develops sepsis and irregular heartbeat

wednesday: suharto improves slightly

thursday: suharto "not good"

friday: "Suharto's "condition is better than yesterday (Thursday) morning but worse than last night, so still unstable."

saturday-sunday: Suharto improves

monday: suharto has problems with digestive system

tuesday: nothing new

wednesday: suharto's infections spread, suharto deteriorates

thurssday: suhardo eats biscuit

tuesday: "On January 8, 2008, Suharto's health worsened as doctors diagnosed him of anaemia and low blood pressure due to heart and kidney complications. There was internal bleeding, fluid on his lungs, blood in his faeces and urine which caused haemoglobin drop."

friday: "Suharto's "condition is better than yesterday (Thursday) morning but worse than last night, so still unstable."

etc

etc

2019: Suharto dies

friday: suharto breathing on own

Guest Guest

can the moderators pleeease close this thread now???????????

why does the thread need to be closed? He's still alive

why does the thread need to be closed? He's still alive

Yes, the thread doesn't need to be closed, nor can it be, as the subject's a candidate.

What we need is a big tarpaulin and some sort of basic scaffolding erected around the whole thread, like the ones the police use to hamper rubber-necking at the scenes of gory traffic accidents. Perhaps the Mods could take turns standing at the thread entrance, occasionally shouting "Move on now please, there's nothing to see here..." etc.

Why?

I'm enjoying it and so are a few others I suspect.

If you don't like the thread stop reading it.

Yes let's close all threads that start to become entertaining

:)

Yes let's close all threads that start to become entertaining

:)

So that's most threads left open then ;)

Dave, why don't you piss off. We're not closing any of these threads.

"Two days later, the chief of the medical team treating Suharto stated that the former President is in a "very critical condition" after almost all his organ functions failed, and that there was only a 50-50 chance that he would survive, though some Indonesians believe Suharto would not die easily because he practiced mysticism."

- from Wikipedia.

Looks like they were right.

Indonesia's Suharto now breathing on his own--doctor

Indonesia's former president Suharto could be allowed to leave hospital soon after staging a remarkable recovery as one of his doctors said on Saturday that he was now breathing on his own.

In Java there lies in a bed

(That we wish were a coffin, instead)

An obstinate bloke

Who refuses to croak

So the thread won't be closed til he's dead!

Suharto again in very critical condition

The health of former Indonesian dictator Suharto has taken a sudden downturn.

His doctors say he's unconscious and in "very critical" condition.

The 86-year-old Suharto was admitted to a hospital on January 4th and has been in intensive care with lung, heart and kidney failure. Over the past week, his physicians began speaking of a recovery.

They are reporting that Suharto had to be resuscitated overnight after suffering from a second multiple organ failure

I'm irritated that they resuscitated him again after his family last week told the doctors not to bother unless they changed their minds on that.