The Four Horsemen

Very Blue Peter

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Adam Beales - whoever he is, those down with the kids can elucidate - new presenter. List above updated. https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/01/blue-peter-unveils-20-year-old-youtube-star-adam-beales-40th-presenter-13208831/

Born 1999. Yikes!

I know who he is. He's the new presenter on Blue Peter!

*bows*

He was the kid on a CBBC show called The Dog Ate My Homework, which I think was a comedy quiz thing for kids but I've never seen it.

27 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Adam Beales - whoever he is, those down with the kids can elucidate - new presenter. List above updated. https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/01/blue-peter-unveils-20-year-old-youtube-star-adam-beales-40th-presenter-13208831/

Born 1999. Yikes!

Shite! I had my money on Ian Woodyatt.

Does this kid inject hamsters or fuck elves? Or does that happen later?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Amazing to think that for as long as it's been on only 5 (that we know of) presenters of it have died.

Only 4 really, Tony Hart was never a presenter as such. 

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I see Chris Wenner is listed on the Wikipedia deaths page for yesterday. He wasn't well liked as a Noakes replacement if I remember correctly.

Gets a BBC QO. Known as Max Stahl post-Blue Peter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I see Chris Wenner is listed on the Wikipedia deaths page for yesterday. He wasn't well liked as a Noakes replacement if I remember correctly.

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Also appeared in Doctor Who (The Awakening, 1984), edited to be a non-speaking part, uncredited according to IMDb.

He’s best remembered as the one doing the piece on door knockers for Durham Cathedral from memory. 

Simon Groom got the punchline we all remember…..;)

10 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

He’s best remembered as the one doing the piece on door knockers for Durham Cathedral from memory. 

Simon Groom got the punchline we all remember…..;)

I can guess the gist of the punchline; alas, Wenner isn't remembered by me at all.

Looking at the list of presenters on wikipedia, I remember about half of them (Val, John & Pete were my presenters, in much the same way as Jon Pertwee was my Doctor).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, time said:

I can guess the gist of the punchline; alas, Wenner isn't remembered by me at all.

Looking at the list of presenters on wikipedia, I remember about half of them (Val, John & Pete were my presenters, in much the same way as Jon Pertwee was my Doctor).

Everything you expected, of course, but still one of the glorious kids TV moments.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, time said:

Mentioned him to my wife earlier - not a flicker of recognition. That would have been our era Janet Ellis, Simon Groom & Peter Duncan

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He was on my DDP Team a few years ago. He doesn't seem to have been chosen since. 

Seems  I am one of the few to remember him. 

• Like 1

On 08/09/2021 at 19:57, Deathrace said:

We can deduce that the appropriately named Biddy Baxter still has her marbles from that. 

Biddy is famous enough that she could be a surprise main list member one day. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Biddy is famous enough that she could be a surprise main list member one day. 

Oh certainly famous enough in my book.

The funny thing about Biddy Baxter is she has a reputation for having terrified the shit out of BBC executives for decades. (There's a reason none or close to it of the Blue Peter archive episodes are missing for example.) So you build an idea in your head when yer young of this legendary terrifying woman. That image was nothing like this:

7 hours ago, msc said:

Oh certainly famous enough in my book.

The funny thing about Biddy Baxter is she has a reputation for having terrified the shit out of BBC executives for decades. (There's a reason none or close to it of the Blue Peter archive episodes are missing for example.) So you build an idea in your head when yer young of this legendary terrifying woman. That image was nothing like this:

Several Blue Peter presenters from her time have spoken of what a controlling influence she was including over their personal lives in order to retain the wholesome image of the show. I agree that she was something of a personality in her own right in a way most TV producers are not. TV producers have also featured on the list previously, Aaron Spelling springs to mind. 

• Like 1