Lady Die

Harold Pinter

At last, recent news about Pinter's health!

An excellent article, in which you can draw your own conclusions.

There are cases for being hopeful if you have on a DDP list, but equally, it looks like he may not go just yet.

Why oh why didn't I put my joker on Lou Rawls? :lol:

I really need a proper forum to express my frustration...

At last, recent news about Pinter's health!

An excellent article, in which you can draw your own conclusions.

There are cases for being hopeful if you have on a DDP list, but equally, it looks like he may not go just yet.

Why oh why didn't I put my joker on Lou Rawls? :lol:

I really need a proper forum to express my frustration...

Harold Pinter is in very poor health and remains a strong possibility to die before the end of this year. I would not give up on him just yet. Still 8 1/2 months to go.

Still 8 1/2 months to go.

I must have lost a month somehow then, 'cause I'd swear it's only mid march. :D

Maybe I had a very, very long blackout. :lol:

Still 8 1/2 months to go.

I must have lost a month somehow then, 'cause I'd swear it's only mid march. :D

Maybe I had a very, very long blackout. :lol:

You are right TF. My mistake.

Guest Guest

AS Harold Pinter seems to have escaped from this forum let me bring him back to life with an update

I saw him coming out a restaurant last week in Notting Hill. He looked terrible - very frail indeed. He can't be long for this world.

AS Harold Pinter seems to have escaped from this forum let me bring him back to life with an update

I saw him coming out a restaurant last week in Notting Hill. He looked terrible - very frail indeed. He can't be long for this world.

Well, it might have been better to bring it back to life in the Harold Pinter thread but, no matter. It is quite an interesting sighting/piece of information, since I had been hearing the opposite lately... something to muse...

[Posts moved -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

saw him coming out a restaurant last week in Notting Hill. He looked terrible - very frail indeed. He can't be long for this world.

There are restaurant bills in that part of the world that could reduce Lennox Lewis to crumbling frailty for a minute or two, are you sure the problem was only the cancer?

Harold Pinter to perform a new work, despite frailty. (Top right article)

God, when will this guy croak, he falls and gets injured and the media goes around saying that he's dead.

He had had cancer for years, his time sould be shortly. Good thing he wasn't on last years list. The disapointment of his falsely reported death would have driven us all to our graves.

Why won't he just hurry up and die!?

Why won't he just hurry up and die!?

Good question. Nobel laureates for literature are supposed to pass away PDQ. Get on with it, Harold! You can do it!

regards,

Hein

Harold Pinter to headline Book Festival.

Hm... I nominate Lady Grendel to go to the festival and get us the 411 on Pinter.

LG - you obviously love books and reading, and you're already in Scotland, so this seems the perfect taskette for you! :lol: Maybe the DLWG can fund your expenses out of petty cash.

take plenty of pics please, and if you have to, slip something into his drink.

Oof! Not sure we could condone that approach, then again I'm not a mod....

It would, like, take all the skill out of it.

But it would certainly put some sport into it. You know what they say:

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, and then it's Deathlist.net".

:lol: If someone takes care of Pinter...I'll do my best on Billy Graham next month :lol:

(kidding of course)

Not sure about this new tack, leaving the ethics aside.....if it got competitive all our members resident in Los Angeles and London would have an unfair advantage.

Having studied every nominee on every list since 1987 I've come to the conclusion non of them ever lived in Maryport.

Hm... I nominate Lady Grendel to go to the festival and get us the 411 on Pinter.

LG - you obviously love books and reading, and you're already in Scotland, so this seems the perfect taskette for you! :) Maybe the DLWG can fund your expenses out of petty cash.

'Taskette' accepted ie+, glad to see the DLWG will meet my expenses, will I get the Hotel to bill you directly???? :)

LG - you obviously love books and reading, and you're already in Scotland, so this seems the perfect taskette for you! :) Maybe the DLWG can fund your expenses out of petty cash.

'Taskette' accepted ie+, glad to see the DLWG will meet my expenses, will I get the Hotel to bill you directly???? :)

Sounds good to me - kegger in LG's room!

'Taskette' accepted ie+, glad to see the DLWG will meet my expenses, will I get the Hotel to bill you directly???? :skull:

Sounds good to me - kegger in LG's room!

Invite only of course :P

But it would certainly put some sport into it. You know what they say:

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, and then it's Deathlist.net".

That is a good question. I don't know what it is about death, but I love it with a passion.

Pinter was interviewed this evening on TV, and it has to be said he did not look at all well. The interview almost had the air of a valedictory about it, with much use of the past tense. Pinter also looked to be in pain throughout and seemed to have lost some of his lucidity. It put me in mind of the famous interview conducted with Dennis Potter shortly before his death - minus the interviewee sipping on morphine throughout, though. Months, rather than years, I fear.

re. the interview mentioned above:

Here's a preview which includes photos of him.

Shame I missed it, but there was surprisingly little coverage/fanfare, even on the BBC pages beforehand.