Lady Die

Harold Pinter

My impression is that ValiSS fancies drawing up a list and then sort of sorting it. It's not like that ValiSS. Deathlist is passive rather than active.

From our conversations last night, I think ValiSS' "input" could be more than useful when it comes to the demise of Fidel Castro and Oscar Niemeyer. A sort of unofficial quid pro quo betwen DL and the National Power Unity of Latvia. I mean, it's purely coincidental that his political opponents happen to be famous communists on this year's DL, isn't it? :P

My impression is that ValiSS fancies drawing up a list and then sort of sorting it. It's not like that ValiSS. Deathlist is passive rather than active.

From our conversations last night, I think ValiSS' "input" could be more than useful when it comes to the demise of Fidel Castro and Oscar Niemeyer. A sort of unofficial quid pro quo betwen DL and the National Power Unity of Latvia. I mean, it's purely coincidental that his political opponents happen to be famous communists on this year's DL, isn't it? :unsure:

I notice that the SS is no longer capped up in his name and the Nazi SS emblem has disappeared from his avatar. Just another Lib dem then.

Harold Pinter interview.

A bit of health news if you dig through the whole thing, but an interesting read even if you're not looking for death.

Nothing we haven't heard before though. Hopes for a joker success continue to fade...

It's seems like he's hanging on till he does the Beckett play and then after that........

I think he'll make it to 2007, but not out of my list..... :ph34r:

Pinter is going to make it in to the next year. He's chosen Krapp in order to make a point it suggests in the last three pars of this piece. But how will he make it? Is the fire still there?

Pinter plays Krapp

I've never really been much of a fan of Pinter.

Samuel Beckett was always a favourite of mine.

I love this article that was run in The Onion earlier this year

Scholars Discover 23 Blank Pages That May As Well Be Lost Samuel Beckett Play

Brilliant. If it's ever set to music I would recommend that fine composition by John Cage: 4' 33''

433score.jpg

You know if we can't convince George Melly to post, d'ya think Pinter is the second most likely to come and swap banter? George would probably get down and mix it with us, Harold might be more your intellectual type who'd enlighten us, but he has a gritty sense of humour.

Here's a review of Krapp's Last Tape with Pinter in the titular role

Pinter's last tape?

Make of it what you will...

Any news at all on Pinter's health?

Edited by Magere Hein

Welcome to DeathList, bobtoole. I moved your post to a more appropriate topic.

There's been disgustingly little news on his health. This time of year last year he looked set to go, but apparently he lost his nerve. That's one good DDP joker wasted.

regards,

Hein

There's been disgustingly little news on his health. This time of year last year he looked set to go, but apparently he lost his nerve. That's one good DDP joker wasted.

regards,

Hein

I'll second that... <_<

regards,

Hein

I'll second that... :lol:

Recalling our discussion on lightbulbs, me three. And unlike you two, I needed all the points I could get. Beginner's luck my ass. <_<

Harold Pinter was entering the Archduke restaurant on the South Bank just as I was leaving this evening. Using a walking stick and grasping a pillar for support whilst waiting for his table, he looked a desperately ill man.

His performances at the Royal Court recently must have been a supreme effort of will, and have maybe taken a toll on his health.

What! You didn't take the opportunity to add some thallium relish to his dinner? Hang your head Mr Trees, hang your head.

Thanks Twelvetrees, it's always good to get a first hand report. The bit about grasping the pillar sounded very promising. I think Krapp's Last tape will have been his last perfromance and he seemed to play it that way. There's a good note on Krapp here. It ends: "No wonder the play fascinates—we are always asking one another what it must feel like to die." That's why Pinter did it.

His performances at the Royal Court recently must have been a supreme effort of will, and have maybe taken a toll on his health.

The Royal Court. Ah! Don't know what ith tis! Probably wasn't worth the blood.

The Royal Court is a theatre, Banshees.

Could someone remind me why we chose a 76 year old who is doing fine for 2007?

I mean, the guy hasn't had cancer since 2002 and has plans for plays or whatever he does well into 2008!