Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

TBH I don't usually care that much either way about politics but - speaking personally - I think our cat is more deserving of state funeral than Blair.

TBH I don't usually care that much either way about politics but - speaking personally - I think our cat is more deserving of state funeral than Blair.

Who is our cat? Garfeild?

Who is our cat? Garfeild?

Might explain why MPFC is so orange if Garfield was moulting at the time of the pic. And the look on his face, if that's not a face saying 'my god, look at all the orange cat fur that's just covered me' then I don't know what is.

Thatcher should have a toilet cubicle installed on her grave once she's 6 feet under. I'm sure millions of people would quite happily queue up and pay a bit of cash to piss there. The cubicle would add some valuable dignity to the proceedings for those who feel it would be inappropriate behaviour for a cemetery. The money made could probably be used to cancel out third world debt with a bit to spare.

Plus, a cubicle would let you express yourself from both ends and with a variety of bodily excretions, safe in the knowledge that your message would remain a personal one between you and Lady T.

The visitors book could double up as loo roll too I suppose.

He should be shot at dawn. I mean Blair, not your cat.

I have been drinking, so bear with me, but I was wondering if Blair might WELCOME assassination. 'The Final Cut' , by Micheal Dobbs (not Pink Floyd) was a series shown on BBC1 a few years ago, the fictional prime minister, Francis Urquart, or FU for short, was losing popularity and becoming increasingly scandal prone. He seemed to have an overiding concern for the legacy he would leave and when he came to realise that only way he might achieve popular immortalisation was to arrange his own murder.

It's a similar situation to JF Kennedy who is looked on in a much more favourable light than some of his counterparts who died of natural causes.

Any way I'm rambling now. Death to Thatcher and goodnight.

If Blair were to go like that there'd be no favourable memories because the few weeks we'd face with John Prescott as prime minister before the mess got sorted out longer term would scar everyone's memories for good.

Thatcher's dead merchandise and web fun. You can even order your t-shirt in preparation.

Interesting article, but a rather narrow view of quality in dictators political leaders. It's a fine example of Whiggish history: judging people by our current standards, rather than those of their days.

This snub towards Chamberlain is a nice example:

Of the 20 prime ministers in the list, Neville Chamberlain and Sir Anthony Eden both scored zero - in Chamberlain's case because he "utterly failed in his principal objective of averting war".

I have no problem with this assesment of Eden, but in NC's case there's no way that a PM who preferred peace to war could have won that match. While I have no admiration for NC's policy of appeasement towards Hitler and, more seriously, his betrayal of Czechoslovakia, he had no way of knowing what Mr H had in mind.

regards,

Hein

Thatcher's dead merchandise and web fun. You can even order your t-shirt in preparation.

Now that's pretty sweet! I'm sure in a couple decades, we'll have similar sites and t-shirts dedicated to George W.

Interesting article, but a rather narrow view of quality in dictators political leaders. It's a fine example of Whiggish history: judging people by our current standards, rather than those of their days.

This snub towards Chamberlain is a nice example:

Of the 20 prime ministers in the list, Neville Chamberlain and Sir Anthony Eden both scored zero - in Chamberlain's case because he "utterly failed in his principal objective of averting war".

I have no problem with this assesment of Eden, but in NC's case there's no way that a PM who preferred peace to war could have won that match. While I have no admiration for NC's policy of appeasement towards Hitler and, more seriously, his betrayal of Czechoslovakia, he had no way of knowing what Mr H had in mind.

regards,

Hein

If Chamberlain gets 0 for failing to avert a war, then Bliar should get at least -5 for leading us into a war on false premises. :)

Yes, I refer to the most hated woman in british politics, dear old maggie thatcher, she looked about to keel over at ronnies funeral....or is that wishful thinking !

When I first read that I thought you had written "brutish politics". That would have been spot-on!

... it didn't look like she'd be nodding off eternally any time soon.

[iain] if she's not dead by monday evening, i'll never post on this forum again. [/iain]

'Iain Style' i willl fast for many week sif Margeret Thatcher dont die by nightime.

Star Crossed, it's been a pleasure sharing this forum with you.

Please...

Reconsider.

Star Crossed, it's been a pleasure sharing this forum with you.

Please...

Reconsider.

1) it was a joke, 2) the joke was made back in July. I don't think Star Crossed is going anywhere.

Neither do I, I was joking.

Guest 4 horsemen

i can think of several thousand ex miners who may wish dear mrs thatcher would shuffle off this mortal coil

Edited by Magere Hein

Maggie was at the ceremonies this morning for the 5th Anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks in New York. She was seen walking with V.P. Dick Cheney and his wife. Cheney was holding her hand. She looks in great health from my perspective.

Cheney's not in the best of health, are you sure he was holding her up?

If she is still going back and forth across the Atlantic I would imagine that she is not as frail as we think she is.

Then again, DVT could easily kill her off at her age.

If she is still going back and forth across the Atlantic I would imagine that she is not as frail as we think she is.

I can't imagine Maggie flying economy class though. Perhaps if we sent her on a few trips and she flew RyanAir or EasyJet then she might get DVT

I can't imagine Maggie flying economy class though. Perhaps if we sent her on a few trips and she flew RyanAir or EasyJet then she might get DVT

Surely Maggie would be thrown in the hold with all the other baggage.

Surely Maggie would be thrown in the hold with all the other baggage.

No good, I think there's a law against containers that contain a lot of gas. Hot air in a contained space can be equally dangerous.

Guest stan the man

Margaret Thatchers death could be imminent-the reason I say this is that her ex daughter in law has just made some amazing allegations about Mark thatchers womanising and other scandalous behaviur-Maggie loves her son mark and this bombshell might just finish her off with a stroke or heart attack-stand by for any developments!

heres the news Maggie will be choking on this morning!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...nthatcher18.xml

Edited by Magere Hein

Margaret Thatchers death could be imminent-the reason I say this is that her ex daughter in law has just made some amazing allegations about Mark thatchers womanising and other scandalous behaviur-Maggie loves her son mark and this bombshell might just finish her off with a stroke or heart attack-stand by for any developments!

heres the news Maggie will be choking on this morning!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...nthatcher18.xml

I don't think your reasoning follows any logic, iain.

Regards,

ff