Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

It's a lonely business when one is in a minority of one.

I suspect that the next generation will feel the same about MrBliar and his cronies when the history of how our people sleepwalked their way to a police state comes to pass.

Personally I can't wait for the old bitch to die.

Half of Scotland has been waiting for it to have our big street parties in celebration of her death. You really have to live here to see what her wrath has done to scotland. The mass unemployment, practical death of the shipyards, mines and steelworks, now all the wee knobbers are drinking on the street corners just waiting to break into your house or your car because there's no work.

cheers maggie I luv ya.

What a day that will be...I can't wait. Sorry if I sound bitter...but I am.

I think MT did do some good things but I was thinking yesterday about that "There is no such thing as society, only families and groups of individuals" quote.

What a f||ked up way to think.

It's true now of course but only because she made it true.

I suspect that the next generation will feel the same about MrBliar and his cronies when the history of how our people sleepwalked their way to a police state comes to pass.

I couldn't agree more, Mr J. In many ways Tony & his chums are far more terrifying than Thatcher. I blame it on the number of God-botherers in the current government - it takes away their facility for rational thought.

I am crying buckets here. Now my keyboard is all wet.

Strange how you could put Thatcher at the top instead of Blair-Brown, and most of the points would still hold true, and we could also add

- destroyed UK manufacturing industry

- implemented shoot-to kill policy in Northern Ireland

- banned the broadcasting of free speech of elected Sinn Fein MP's

- implemented Poll Tax, leading to largest civil distrubances seem in London

- turned UK into 51st State of the USA

- and on the basis of yesterday's report, bred a whole generation of killers!!! :)

There is no doubt in my mind about it.

Blair is 100 times worse than Margaret Thatcher.

Thatcher was a "competent" politician who knew exactly and believed in what she was doing. The problem most right-thinking individuals had with her was that she wasn't aware of the terrible social implications of the ruthless way in which she sanitised the country. (Which had undeniably been well and truly f**ked up by her predecessors) It is in the nature of Conservative voters who weren't adversely effected not to consider the plight of the millions who were.

Apparently that quip about "no society" was meant to say that people can't blame things on or expect anything from an abstract thing called "society" without realising that they are in fact themselves the society of which they speak.

And that poll-tax business was just pure incompetence. Don't know what she was thinking of.

A bad, bad woman indeed. Severely deluded, but probably not an unprincipled hypocrite like Blair.

Blair on the other hand is just a puppet of the US, no different to Pinochet and his kind. I'm sure Mr Bush had a big hand in his election.

Remember Mrs. T.? Waged a (slightly questionable) war of defence (against the wishes of the US) to protect the interests of a few British citizens nobody cared about really.

Imagine if the Falklands got invaded tomorrow. Blair would crap his pants if he had to make a real decision like that.

About all the paranoia surrounding ID cards, they are harmless actually if not abused. They have had them for decades in many European countries, and they are very useful things for identifying yourself. Here in Germany until recently, the police were allowed to shoot you if you were caught out of doors without one. The important point being, of course, that it never actually happened. (They shot Benno Ohnesorg, but that's another matter)

But I wouldn't trust the UK government to implement an ID card scheme in a competent manner and not abuse the information at the first opportunity. It's clear as day what they're up to.

There's quite a bit of truth in that "Lost Freedom" thingy, in my opinion.

Thatcher = Bad

Blair = Bad, Incompetent, Corrupt and Stupid.

Not much of a defence for either of them, really.

a litle off topic, but it's good to hear a little honesty concerning people's opinions on the English government. Most of what we get in the States concerning Blair (and Thatcher, as far as memory serves) is a sugarcoated Candyland picture...but our media really can't begin to hide the fact that George Bush is an absolute moron.

...but our media really can't begin to hide the fact that George Bush is an absolute moron.

Really??? We had no idea

...but our media really can't begin to hide the fact that George Bush is an absolute moron.

Really??? We had no idea

The Intellect of George Bush

George Bush is an absolute moron.

Does this mean he has an IQ of -273?

Well perhaps not, it may just mean he doesn't compare

IQ wise with someone such as Bill Clinton. :)

Ah, good old Bill Clinton he accomplished so little.

I'm guessing Monica Lewinsky would disagree with that. :)

As for Maggie, she was the necessary medicine to cure the socio-economic ills of the late seventies.

Well, apart from the "socio-" bit, you're more or less right.

And regarding Blair, you're absolutely right. ;)

Whatever the merits or otherwise of Mrs T's policies, she has ensured her place in modern British history. As for Blair, what unnerves me is his obsession to put his place in the history books. Not since Anthony Eden has there been a PM concerned with his legacy. Such a desire to stamp his authority led to the disaster of Suez in 1956. But Suez lasted a few days, Iraq is past the 2 1/2 year mark and counting...

For a real military fu*k up you need the yanks on board, they know how to do it properly.

Yes, I'm afraid they do. The time when we pull out of Iraq, it is when the USA pull out and that could be some time in the future.... ;)

That, good sir, is very clever. I salute you.

Blair disproves the theory that you can't polish a turd.

I've never seen such a shiny little sh*t.

Fantastic quote, may I use it?

I might bury it (like bad news) in our Email corporate disclaimer and see if anyone notices.

Blair disproves the theory that you can't polish a turd.

I've never seen such a shiny little sh*t.

Fantastic quote, may I use it?

I might bury it (like bad news) in our Email corporate disclaimer and see if anyone notices.

:lol: