maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Various reports that vocalist and guitarist Bobby Tench has died: 

Humble Pie, Jeff Beck Group, Van Morrison Band, Hummingbird and Gass among his credits.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Founding Foreigner guitarist Mick Jones has revealed that he has been battling Parkinson’s disease for the past several years.

https://consequence.net/2024/02/foreigner-mick-jones-parkinsons-disease/

I knew there was something up with him. Picked him for my TOTP theme team in 2018. His bio for that year is still "Details to follow" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The official fan club page for Dave Berry (wiki) on Facebook is reporting he's unwell.

Turned 83 this month and is looking his age to say the least.

Tick tock. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 15/02/2024 at 20:31, justonecornetto said:

Ian Amey who was Tich in Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich has reportedly died aged 79

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Dee,_Dozy,_Beaky,_Mick_%26_Tich#:~:text=Ian Amey (Tich) died on,15 February 2024%2C aged 79.

Ian Amey finally gets a decent obit in The Times: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ian-tich-amey-obituary-sixties-pop-guitarist-sb6vcqf76

• Like 2

On 20/02/2024 at 08:54, YoungWillz said:

Various reports that vocalist and guitarist Bobby Tench has died: 

Humble Pie, Jeff Beck Group, Van Morrison Band, Hummingbird and Gass among his credits.

More important — who the living hell is Clem Clempson?  Asking for future Team Gris Gris

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

More important — who the living hell is Clem Clempson?  Asking for future Team Gris Gris

Probably most famous for replacing Peter Frampton in Humble Pie, but his turn with Strange Brew as well.

Google/Wiki is your friend.

On 23/02/2024 at 06:59, YoungWillz said:

Probably most famous for replacing Peter Frampton in Humble Pie, but his turn with Strange Brew as well.

Google/Wiki is your friend.

Maybe one day when your lard-bucket arse emerges from your papa’s basement, and you have actual human social interaction, you’ll understand what a rhetorical question is.

• Facepalm 3

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Maybe one day when your lard-bucket arse emerges from your papa’s basement, and you have actual human social interaction, you’ll understand what a rhetorical question is.

Bit rich coming from a person that lives in a country with a 40% obesity rate.

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bit rich coming from a person that lives in a country with a 40% obesity rate.

I always end up wondering why does he keep coming back to this forum if he hates everyone here, and everyone hates him as well.

• Like 1

Re Clem Clempson, I remember reading The NME Book of Rock (1975) and thinking facetiously that people were very into personnel back then, because so many bands' entries were accounts of what other bands the members had been in. But the other week I saw a mid-80s interview with John Peel, and it seems that was actually true - he said how in the years before punk it was almost impossible for a band to get a record deal and promotion if they had no track record from being in other bands. So if you were forming a rock outfit in 1974, Clem Clempson would have been a useful man.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2022 at 18:37, YoungWillz said:

Mark Feehily quits Westlife to concentrate on recovery from his latest (seemingly a hernia operation): https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-westlifes-mark-feehily-makes-32235017

He's getting awfae close to getting picked for the DDP by me, given he's not been fully fit for a long time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LWCZ said:

Could very much be a hoax, however:

Singer Steve Lawrence (of duo "Steve and Eydie") reportedly dead? (according to the editor of the New York magazine's Vulture website). Can't find anything more to it, though, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme | Spotify

Seeing it reported here, don’t know how reputable this site is.

I'm of an age where everyone lost from The Blues Brothers really hurts, almost viscerally. Ugh.

I knew Steve Lawrence more as an actor.

Anyhow, I am sure @Ulitzer95 has already clocked he hit the UK singles charts and his entry there updated.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

I knew Steve Lawrence more as an actor.

Anyhow, I am sure @Ulitzer95 has already clocked he hit the UK singles charts and his entry there updated.

Aye, updated already ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 05/05/2021 at 21:52, YoungWillz said:

One nod to @Ulitzer95 to keep on the radar. Archie Bell of Archie Bell and the Drells suffers a stroke apparently: https://www.soultracks.com/story-archie-bell-ailing

3 top 40 UK hits in the early to mid 1970s.

Archie Bell is in a medical care facility: https://www.soultracks.com/story-archie-bell-ailing-2024

Hmm. @Death Impends may just have played a blinder on the DDP.