Godot

Cartoonists And Animators

Bulgarian media is saying that Rumen Petkov has died:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumen_Petkov

Huge in Bulgaria, won a Palme D'Or in Cannes for best short film, and directed episodes of such western animated series' like Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Lab, or Johnny Bravo.

https://www.dnevnik.bg/v_pamet/2018/06/11/3198125_pochina_bulgarskiiat_animator_i_rejisyor_suzdatel_na/

Comic book "legend" Russ Heath dead at 91:

https://www.newsarama.com/41535-russ-heath-passes-away.html

Worked for DC comics, and was an inspiration for Roy Lichtenstein. Also something about "Little Annie Fanny" for the Playboy magazine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Heath

Russ Heath, American artist who worked for DC Comics and contributed to the Little Annie Fanny feature in Playboy during the 1960s, has died aged 91.

Edit: Beaten to it :lol:

Hah, for once!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And while we're at "Little Annie Fanny", the remaining survivors are now the obitable

Al Jaffee (97)

Arnold Roth (89)

and the less obitable

Paul Coker (88/89)

• Like 1

Wow, they were both born on August 21st.

• Like 1

Roger Mainwood, animation director who worked with Raymond Briggs on a number of occasions (including light-hearted laugh-a-long classic When the Window Blows and The Snowman), dead at 65 Also, Raymond Briggs surely deserves a thread? He's a very DeathList-y name....

43 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Roger Mainwood, animation director who worked with Raymond Briggs on a number of occasions (including light-hearted laugh-a-long classic When the Window Blows and The Snowman), dead at 65 Also, Raymond Briggs surely deserves a thread? He's a very DeathList-y name....

"Mainwood’s career began in 1979 when, not long out of art school, he directed an animated video for German electronic music pioneers Kraftwerk’s single Autobahn."

DL always a place you can come learn something new and cool!
http://kraftwerkonline.pagesperso-orange.fr/autobahncartoon2.html -- Mainwood Interview re: Autobahn

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Briggs is a unique pick on my DDP Theme Team. He looked terrible last year accepting an award with Shirley Hughes who looks set for a few years.

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"light-hearted laugh-a-long classic", lol!

16 minutes ago, markb4 said:
3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"light-hearted laugh-a-long classic", lol!

It was 'When the Window Blows' that got me  :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Briggs is a unique pick on my DDP Theme Team. He looked terrible last year accepting an award with Shirley Hughes who looks set for a few years.

**thinking Biblio just kissed that unique goodbye**.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:
6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Quite a few of us already had RB up for consideration.  I have him in the 30/30 pool, for one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I have about 12 uniques in that Theme Team. I was surprised I got Briggs for this year. He will also be on my Shadowlist again next year.

18 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Animator and filmmaker, Will Vinton, has passed away according to his FB.

He was a true legend.

He animated the Noid...

The California Raisins...

and this nightmare fuel.

• Like 2