Grim Reaper

***deathlist Planned Maintenance***

May I ask what the Warn-O-Meter is for?

For what should we expect to receive a warning? What is the result of too many warnings? How many warnings is too many? Does spanking figure into any of this?

For what should we expect to receive a warning? What is the result of too many warnings? How many warnings is too many? Does spanking figure into any of this?

I was just about to ask the same thing. I have "Warn" and a kind-of status bar thingy in my profile. What's it about? I don't remember being warned about anything. I feel all nervous now like a kid who's done something wrong & is about to be found out. :(

I'm just disappointed that I can't see anybody else's warnings.

I am also quite curious to know what 'offences' attract the various warning levels, how can I advance a couple of boxes on the 'warn-o-meter' without getting slung out?

I am also quite curious to know what 'offences' attract the various warning levels, how can I advance a couple of boxes on the 'warn-o-meter' without getting slung out?

Try being racist/sexist/religionist/offensive & see if your Warning number goes up.

Try being racist/sexist/religionist/offensive & see if your Warning number goes up.

Lesbian vicars from ethnic minorities smell. Arse.

Lesbian vicars from ethnic minorities smell. Arse.

I wonder which of those words set the swear-o-meter off. I'll guess it was "vicar" - you can't say such things on the DL

I noticed there's an option for languages at the bottom of the forum. Are we going to be getting Death List espanol?

P.S. The quick edit system is pretty sweet.

Also, I noticed that if you post directly after yourself, your second post joins with your previous post to make one big post.

The most users online thing hasalso resetted - it now says 98 instead of 347(or whatever).

I noticed there's an option for languages at the bottom of the forum. Are we going to be getting Death List espanol?

P.S. The quick edit system is pretty sweet.

Thats not a bad idea for a new topic CP.

How many languages do we actually have on board ?

To my knowledge, one or more members of this board are fluent in at least the following languages:

• Dutch
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish

I may have missed a few, so pleae add to the list.

regards,

Hein

To my knowledge, one or more members of this board are fluent in at least the following languages:

• Dutch
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish

Depending on how broadly you define the term 'fluent' you could potentially add Italian to that list.

Potentially.

Depending on how broadly you define the term 'fluent' you could potentially add Italian to that list.

Potentially.

I propose the "pub test". One is fluent if one can go in a pub, order a drink, read and understand the front page of the local newspaper and discuss the main article with bar staff, all in the local language. Replace the paper with the local town cryer in cases of unwritten languages or illiteracy.

regards,

Hein

If DL is still around and I'm still on the forums in a few years, hopefully you'll be able to add Arabic to that list by then... I'm already two quarters in il Hamdu lillah!

Potentially.

I propose the "pub test". One is fluent if one can go in a pub, order a drink, read and understand the front page of the local newspaper and discuss the main article with bar staff, all in the local language. Replace the paper with the local town cryer in cases of unwritten languages or illiteracy.

Oh dear. Probably wouldn't pass then. Unless we can swap "understand the front page of the local newspaper" with "have a screaming argument with the other chefs in the kitchen"?

After all, not all of us can afford to spend our days lounging round in pubs, reading the newspaper and engaging in intellectual debate. Some of us are in the back, slaving away, you know...

• Dutch
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish

regards,

Hein

Not fluent in but I know Russian and don't forget Manx !

PS I'm not able to get into the chat room. What do I do in order to enter?

PS I'm not able to get into the chat room. What do I do in order to enter?

I had this problem. At the top of the explorer page there should be a thing to click on called "Tools". Click on this, then the "Pop-Up Blocker" tab, which should give you the option of turning off the Pop-Up Blocker, which appears necessary to get into the chat room.

Я говорю несколько восточных европейских языков

Я говорю несколько восточных европейских языков

Which Eastern European languages do you you speak?

I've been told that I speak sh*t quite fluently. :D

Although I think all the new changes/improvements are fab, especially the 'minor edit' feature (which I have already come to love), I do wish the little boxes next to each thread still indicated whether we'd posted in them or not. I found that quite useful.

Any chance of having something similar against the prettily-coloured suitcases?

Although I think all the new changes/improvements are fab, especially the 'minor edit' feature (which I have already come to love), I do wish the little boxes next to each thread still indicated whether we'd posted in them or not. I found that quite useful.

Any chance of having something similar against the prettily-coloured suitcases?

the little white mark on the corner shows whether you have posted in it (white marks means posted in this none meanns not)

fhotnodot1140032451.gif

means you have posted in it

fhotno1140032482.gif

means you have not

• Dutch
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish

regards,

Hein

As well as English, I speak (fluently) American, Canadian, Australian, seeth efreecan, and New Zealander, ( but not Maori yet)

• Dutch
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish

regards,

Hein

As well as English, I speak (fluently) American, Canadian, Australian, seeth efreecan, and New Zealander, ( but not Maori yet)

Any obscure ones?

I got a little Valenciano/Catalan

Any Gaelic out there?