football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Cliff Richard's mum; advanced dementiure, damenture, dermenture....oh bother, my mind isn't waht it sued to be.

I don't think she'd get a broadsheet UK obit, but I bet the tabloids would do a piece on her death and that would count for DDP purposes.

Cliff Richard's mum; advanced dementiure, damenture, dermenture....oh bother, my mind isn't waht it sued to be.

I don't think she'd get a broadsheet UK obit, but I bet the tabloids would do a piece on her death and that would count for DDP purposes.

Right then, I'm havin' her. She's very confused, she won't be able to identify me afterwards, like.

I'll get me coat.

I take yer point about no chimps allowed but if we presented a simple mental/physical task - like maybe building a little wall with some wooden bricks - and pitted Cheetah against Jake Lamotta and Muhammad Ali.....

I'll get me coat.

Pauline Phillips AKA Abigial Van Buren AKA Dear Abby - popular American agony aunt, is currently in "the middle stages of Alzheimer's according to her daughter.

Born on 4 July 1918, the same day as the King Of Tonga, I think. Her twin sister was also an agony aunt known as Ann Landers, but she's dead now.

Pauline Phillips AKA Abigial Van Buren AKA Dear Abby - popular American agony aunt, is currently in "the middle stages of Alzheimer's according to her daughter.

Born on 4 July 1918, the same day as the King Of Tonga, I think. Her twin sister was also an agony aunt known as Ann Landers, but she's dead now.

OoO has got her documented in his thread, http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=68468 There's not many that escape his eagle eye.

Although he doesn't mention Sunny Von Bulow, former spouse of Claus.

She's been in a persistent vegetative state for almost 26 years, how much longer can she last for?

She's been in a persistent vegetative state for almost 26 years, how much longer can she last for?

Dunno, why doesn't somebody ask her?

Dunno, why doesn't somebody ask her?

Some poor sod has probably been visiting her for more than a quarter of a century.

Talk about a thankless task, you'd need to bring a book along to relieve the monotony.

OoO has got her documented in his thread, http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=68468 There's not many that escape his eagle eye.

I added both of them following this post, TF.

I had noticed von Bulow before, but it's a difficult one to call. Is she any more likely to die in 2007, then in the last 25 plus years? Felt it was worthy of adding on to the revised "More likely to die (and get UK obit) list"

Likewise Blackham, I'm sure somebody mentioned him somewhere, but he's a good candidate, for DL perhaps as well.

The only problem with Hadlee is an obit, but I think the BBC might do. But I don't think he'll make 2007 - I'll keep my (eagle) eye on that - if he's still ill, I'll pop him on the list soon.

I had noticed von Bulow before, but it's a difficult one to call. Is she any more likely to die in 2007, then in the last 25 plus years? Felt it was worthy of adding on to the revised "More likely to die (and get UK obit) list"

Likewise Blackham, I'm sure somebody mentioned him somewhere, but he's a good candidate, for DL perhaps as well.

The only problem with Hadlee is an obit, but I think the BBC might do. But I don't think he'll make 2007 - I'll keep my (eagle) eye on that - if he's still ill, I'll pop him on the list soon.

I reckon Hadlee would definately get a UK obit OoO. The Times always wax lyrical about old cricketers who leave the crease. We'll soon find out anyway.

The new Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe is reported in this article to have a a chronic intestinal or kidney disorder.

I wouldn't imagine that the stress of running the country will do his condition much good.

Guest Guest

I reckon Hadlee would definately get a UK obit OoO. The Times always wax lyrical about old cricketers who leave the crease. We'll soon find out anyway.

Why's the other chap going - the Elvis fan? Been sticking his hands in the till?

Iva Toguri, one of the women broadcasters better known as "Tokyo Rose"

90 this year and an interesting history.

Second good call of the day for you TF. Had you listened to your instincts, you'd be miles ahead in the CPDP by now. :P

Carlos Menem, ex president of Argentina.

Iva Toguri, one of the women broadcasters better known as "Tokyo Rose"

90 this year and an interesting history.

Second good call of the day for you TF. Had you listened to your instincts, you'd be miles ahead in the CPDP by now. :P

Bugger! another one I'd completely forgotten about. :(

would apparently disgruntled NFL star Terrell Owens pass the international famousness test? He would be an awesome choice if he did

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...port/index.html

You should hear the hoorah going on here in Dallas right now. Did he or didn't he? It has led the news since last night.

would apparently disgruntled NFL star Terrell Owens pass the international famousness test? He would be an awesome choice if he did

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...port/index.html

You should hear the hoorah going on here in Dallas right now. Did he or didn't he? It has led the news since last night.

The story was in this morning's (London) Metro, a true opiate of the masses, so he'd deffo pass the UK fame test.

Got 'im!!!!

Walter Hadlee went this morning in his nervous nineties.

Sadness and Sympathies to the family...

Got 'im!!!!

I'm going to email The Times obits editor about this :D

Got 'im!!!!

Howzat!

Is surely the proper term.

Poor Walter didn't make his century. :D

Got 'im!!!!

Howzat!

Is surely the proper term.

Poor Walter didn't make his century. :D

Howzat! would be fine if there were any question as to his dismissal. Given that the wicket has clearly fallen, a hackneyed phrase from the commentary box is fine.