football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Why was my suggestion of Daphne Oxenford deleted?

Because it was the right thing to do and a tasty way to do it, so if you're like me, you check your blood sugar and you check it often, there's no reason not to.

('nother woids, I ain't got no idear either)

Andre Previn (77) who has been mentioned before has divorced his wife Anne-Sophie Mutter

Andre Previn (77) who has been mentioned before has divorced his wife Anne-Sophie Mutter

Which may actually prolong his life, I'm sure it's not good for an old boy like him to be jumping such young bones.

MutterF180x227.jpg

Guest mike g

I notice you have Botha and Mandela (I think Mandela still has a few years left in him),l but you don't have De Klerk, who's health has deteriorated a lot recently.

Another political one, on 15th August the Tongan prime minister announced that King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV is gravely ill, asking all Tongans to pray for him. With this being the man who nearly opened the entire country as a nuclear waste dump to the rest of the world, and wasted millions in taxpayer money on possibly the worst ever state investments, I doubt the Tongans will be praying all too hard.

I notice you have Botha and Mandela (I think Mandela still has a few years left in him),l but you don't have De Klerk, who's health has deteriorated a lot recently.

Another political one, on 15th August the Tongan prime minister announced that King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV is gravely ill, asking all Tongans to pray for him. With this being the man who nearly opened the entire country as a nuclear waste dump to the rest of the world, and wasted millions in taxpayer money on possibly the worst ever state investments, I doubt the Tongans will be praying all too hard.

"Mike G" - the King Of Tonga has his own thread and is much discussed. Sorry to be picky but it was actually the King's son and heir, Crown Prince Siaosi Tāufa'āhau Manumataongo Tuku'aho Tupou, who had the idea dumping nuclear waste, word has it he was eventually overruled by his father. Bearing that in mind, Tongans are probably hoping the King stays alive as long as possible. Also with regard to the waste of millions of taxpayers money, are sure you are not confusing Tonga with Nauru? They really know how to throw their money around

Doug Fieger lead vocalist of The Knack has undergone surgery to remove two tumours from his brain

The Knack's year just got worse as, according to his personal website, drummer Bruce Gary has died.

Doug Fieger lead vocalist of The Knack has undergone surgery to remove two tumours from his brain

The Knack's year just got worse as, according to his personal website, drummer Bruce Gary has died.

It's also on the band's official website too

"It's never gonna stop, it's gonna spread,

and soon I'm dead

Ma-ma- my-y-y-y lymphoma"

and soon I'm dead

:P isn't that one of Dubya's fave tunes? Maybe it could be re-recorded with the improved lyrics, sneaked onto his iPod (he'd not tell the difference, I reckon) and let the subliminal message do its work...

Wooooo!

and soon I'm dead

Awful, just awful :P

I've got an idea and possibility:

We should allow adverts and promotions like the crap in the above post on the condition that those putting them forward agree to one in ten of their number being ritually slaughtered with mobile phone photos of the events being posted hereabouts. The victims and means of their despatch to be selected at random by listing the candidates and possibilities, placing them against numbers and using the Thunderball on the National Lottery to determine their fate, or summat.

It's a winner I tell you.

Orrin Hatch

..................2004-02-29currents_hatch.jpg

No particular reason.

Linda Ronstadt, the country singer, hasn't been very well recently. :lol:

She's not been too well the past couple of years, although it's been nothing life threatning. She flatly denies that it's anything cancerous that she's having operated on.

Jack Vance another bloody coffin dodging author, legally blind but still writing through voice activated software. I'm sure we all send hearty congratulations on his 90th birthday today.

Jack Vance another bloody coffin dodging author, legally blind but still writing through voice activated software. I'm sure we all send hearty congratulations on his 90th birthday today.

Already suggested by Tempus Fugit back in January, MPFC.

I think Malcolm Allison - the former Manchester City and Crystal Palace manager

Is he ill?

Er, I don't know. I just have a funny feeling he will.

Yes. :P Very ill. Came very close to putting him on my DDP list.

From 2001:

Former Manchester City coach Malcolm Allison is in hospital suffering from alcoholism, according to his son.

Allison, 73, was taken to hospital after breaking his collarbone in a fall near his warden-controlled home at Hale, Cheshire.

Son Mark said: "He is very ill but he's accepted for the first time he is an alcoholic.

"Now he hopes the doctors can arrange for him to be admitted to a clinic."

"He still has a lot to offer soccer but he does suffer from loneliness," Mark Allison told the Manchester Evening News.

Since then, I understand he's detoriated.

I've taken him off my list. He was spotted on Match Of The Day at the weekend as a guest for the Manchester City game, he didn't exactly look at death's door, although the linked article mentions long standing health problems. So much for my predictions of his demise.

I've taken him off my list. He was spotted on Match Of The Day at the weekend as a guest for the Manchester City game, he didn't exactly look at death's door, although the linked article mentions long standing health problems. So much for my predictions of his demise.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion in my most recent post in the I & P names thread.

Apologies OoO and the rest, shoulda done a search through the vast site. Mind you, Jack Vance is still 90 today so there's some topicality in posting his name at the moment. I think he's good for a year or two. But in his nineties he worth watching.

Aerosmith's bass player Tom Hamilton has been diagnosed with throat cancer

Aerosmith haven't had much luck with throats recently have they?

As for Linda Ronstadt, she seems to be ill every other month. Never anything life threatening, but I'd figure a lot of it is nothing that losing about 5st would harm (actually, doesn't she have a thyroid problem that hasn't helped her weight - she's always veered towards porkiness though even at the height of her success in the 70s). Unless her recent health scare does turn out to be somethign serious I really don't think she's a contender to be honest.

Me neither Vinegar Tits although I think she's had an on/off weight problem for years, probably a natural porker and therefore her late seventies early eighties slimness was taking more of a toll on her long term health than we realised. Looking at the cover of Hasten Down the Wind or Living in the USA she appears normal but if she's crash dieted and pigged out repeatedly she'll pay for it at this stage.

I think she's had an on/off weight problem for years, probably a natural porker

Yup. She's always battled with her weight. Then came middle age where her looks weren't quite so important and it's gone on from there. Her real weight problems have been from about 1990 onwards.

and therefore her late seventies early eighties slimness was taking more of a toll on her long term health than we realised. Looking at the cover of Hasten Down the Wind or Living in the USA she appears normal but if she's crash dieted and pigged out repeatedly she'll pay for it at this stage.

The coke might have helped to keep her weight down initially (she was quite the caner in her time) but I think now it's simply a combination of middle age and natural tendancy to porkiness.

How about Freddie Mercury's mother, Jer Bulsura? No idea how old she is, but Freddie would have been 60 this week, so she must be knocking on a bit? Reckon she'd get a UK obit?

Auschwitz survivor Leon Greenman OBE, author, market trader and activist. He wrote the books "Leon Greenman, Auschwitz Survivor 98288" and "An Englishman in Auschwitz"

He's 96 years old and I'm told he looked very frail indeed at a recent anti-fascist meeting.