Godot

Assassinations

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Chest/abdomen is quite different from arms/legs/one to the stomach. Many more vital systems in the chest/abdomen - I think Wallace was paralysed post-assassination attempt IIRC? A punctured stomach could potentially mean a stoma or something like that, but I can't see him being paralysed, unless it passed through and struck his spinal column, but I feel like rumours about that may have leaked out by now. Guess time will tell.

Getting shot in the arms and legs is not exactly life-threatening. The stomach might be an issue, but it's unlikely to lead to any kind of paralysis or similar issue assuming everything we know so far is correct. Especially because it was only one bullet, which means the requirements for that would be much more difficult than if it had been four or five shots in the same area.

• Like 1

I'm sure he'll be fine, assuming they are using Slovakian traditional medicine. A few shots of Slivovice and some freshly killed pig.

Mehmet Ali Agca, who infamously tried to kill the Pope in 1981, suffering from terminal cancer.

Guaranteed QO everywhere.

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, drol said:

Mehmet Ali Agca, who infamously tried to kill the Pope in 1979, suffering from terminal cancer.

Guaranteed QO everywhere.

Possibly even Deathlisty, but if Google translate is correct, he says that he's "in his last years", so it may be a slower cancer, and he might be coming forward to get some better prison conditions. Still, a very attractive pick.

15 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Possibly even Deathlisty, but if Google translate is correct, he says that he's "in his last years", so it may be a slower cancer, and he might be coming forward to get some better prison conditions. Still, a very attractive pick.

He's no longer in prison I thought

35 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

He's no longer in prison I thought

Oops you're right, I guess I merged him mentally with Sirhan Sirhan and other assassins.

On 31/05/2024 at 07:40, The Red Death said:

Fico released from hospital in Banska Bystrica, moved to home care in Bratislava to continue recovery:

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/world/2024/05/30/slovakia-pm-moved-to-capital-to-recover-after-being-shot-in-assassination-attempt

Fico now claiming he'll be back at work in a few weeks time. Looks like he's making a good recovery https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/05/shot-slovakian-pm-robert-fico-could-return-to-work-within-weeks

• Like 1

Full of hate as predicted. All the opposition's fault naturally that his extremist views elicited an extreme reaction.

Fico, Farage and Bolsonaro are the living proof that only the good die young.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Full of hate as predicted. All the opposition's fault naturally that his extremist views elicited an extreme reaction.

Not forgetting Trump when he had Covid. He ticked a few boxes to not survive it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Murdoch's been proving there is no god with his continued refusal to croak for the best part of decades by now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

Murdoch's been proving there is no god with his continued refusal to croak for the best part of decades by now. 

Murdoch's never had a life-threatening situation though, to my knowledge. Fico's been shot, Bolsonaro was stabbed, Farage has had cancer and survived a plane crash. Even Trump had Covid (forgot about that). But all still living to spread their hatred, intolerance and idiocy.

54 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Murdoch's never had a life-threatening situation though, to my knowledge. Fico's been shot, Bolsonaro was stabbed, Farage has had cancer and survived a plane crash. Even Trump had Covid (forgot about that). But all still living to spread their hatred, intolerance and idiocy.

You only have to go back in Murdoch's thread though to see that his health record isn't exactly a blank sheet. He has suffered major injuries in an accident on his private boat, a severe case of COVID that put him on a ventilator, life threatening pneumonia and another fall resulting in a broken back which put him in a wheelchair for several months, all in his late eighties/early nineties. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Don't forget about Trump's assassination attempt in Vegas that was essentially stopped by luck.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

You only have to go back in Murdoch's thread though to see that his health record isn't exactly a blank sheet. He has suffered major injuries in an accident on his private boat, a severe case of COVID that put him on a ventilator, life threatening pneumonia and another fall resulting in a broken back which put him in a wheelchair for several months, all in his late eighties/early nineties. 

Murdoch has good genes with his mother living to 103. 

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Murdoch has good genes with his mother living to 103.  

For that value of genes? Ok yes.

For any other value? No, and apparently Lachlan is no better, though James appears to have an un-familial scruple, just the one mind.

Controversial Ukrainian MP Iryna Farion (wikishot in the head and in critical condition.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1