Glad to see you back again Bruno.. although I find it strange being able to read your posts without struggling to understand what they say!

Heed the docs advice and don't touch the dreaded alcohol for a while... if nothing else it will mean that fellow DL'ers will suffer less headaches trying to decipher your posts! :angry:

I'm glad you're back and well, BB. :lol:

I'm glad you're back and well, BB.

Yep, I'll second that; nice to have you back safe and sound, Bruno (so it's a nom de plume is it? I'd never have guessed, you had me fooled).

No gin for a couple of days, eh? I'll have a couple for you.

Well, a couple of JD's if it's all the same to you- gin makes me cry like an Oscar winning actress making an acceptance speech.

it is nice to see bruno back, although a little spooky that he was so comprehensible.

bhb - if gin makes you cry like an actress at oscar time, then drink a helluva lot, and you may have a way into brinsworth house - you could always claim to be deborah kerr.

Or her brother, Wayne? :lol:

No, okay, I'll get my coat...

(Did I mention Carling makes me tell crap jokes on the Internet?)

you need carling? i can do it without alcohol... although the quality does decrease exponentially (or whatever the inverse is) with scrumpy jack. i can also write complete bollocks when sober (exponential inverse??)

you need carling? i can do it without alcohol... although the quality does decrease exponentially (or whatever the inverse is) with scrumpy jack. i can also write complete bollocks when sober (exponential inverse??)

Exponential Inverse?

Weren't they a progressive rock band, circa 1974? I seem to remember their much maligned concept album, entitled 'I Can Do It Without Alcohol, But It's More Fun With Scrumpy Jack.'

Or was it The Wurzels?

don't bring up prog rock - look what happened last time, inthe buster bloodvessel thread!

I've been tubed. They don't actually put the camera down your throat. It goes up and down your nose! ;)

Presumably, this is a cunning way of foiling the gag reflex. I tried telling my doctor I don't have one, but he wasn't having any of it.

It isn't painful, but it isn't pleasant. Same goes for the barium meal I had three months after the "tubing".

Another, (CT? / CRT?) scan to follow in July.

A whole year and I'm still waiting to find out what's wrong with me. Bloody NHS!

Good luck, Bruno. Hope you have decent medical insurance. ;)

:lol: ??? :angry:

Let's read that again...

Presumably, this is a cunning way of foiling the gag reflex. I tried telling my doctor I don't have one, but he wasn't having any of it.

Sorry, Bou, but I can't resist...

No, that's right, I can...I have too much respect for you.

I'm sorry, I watched too many Carry On films as a kid. Can't help spotting a euphemism a mile off me.

B):D:o

*ulp*

Edgar Broughton Band.

don't bring up prog rock - look what happened last time, inthe buster bloodvessel thread!

exactly. we don't want any of that creeping in here. good heavens, it'll be camel and hatfield&the north before you know it!

exactly. we don't want any of that creeping in here. good heavens, it'll be camel and hatfield&the north before you know it!

I can't say as how I follow this one. I may have been away the last time this matter came up. Let me look up that post and see what it says.

What was the most pain (not physiclogical) you have have the misfortune of enduring?.

For me it was a Renal Collic, i think it was when i passed a stone from me kidney and it became trapped in the little tubby thing between the kidney and the bladder. As for the term "Tubby thing" please excuse me for i know as much about biolagy as i know about spelling :blink: It took 2 shots of morpeine just to help me stand up and stop crying like a baby.

I believe there is an existing thread for this sort of thing here.

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

When I was little I once had a SPELL (a little splinter of wood) in my finger and my mum removed it with a needle. Been OK since then.

Dont you mean a SKELF?

I thought that would be one that would have a local name, wonder what they call it in the US?

I'm pretty sure the generally accepted word is "needle," even in the US. Although why she used a needle and not tweezers is a little frightening. Maybe she just grabbed one of the discarded ones up off the floor.

Young man I ought to put you over my knee, pull down your trousers and smack your bare backside for that remark. You wouldn't sit down for a week.

Hell's Spells, the needle is first held in the flame of a match to sterilize it. Then when the needle

turns black, you wait until it cools to remove the little piece of something

which is just called a splinter in the US. The next time I have one I'll give spell a try

as a test of how it feels to say it when you have it. It looks adorable in writing.

Wasn't sure where to put this. This thread seemed most likely

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5135030.stm

For future HDP purposes the following quote from that BBC News article is relevant:

The actor recently cancelled his debut Christmas pantomime role - playing Captain Hook in Peter Pan at the New Wimbledon Theatre, in south-west London.

regards,

Hein

For future HDP purposes the following quote from that BBC News article is relevant:
The actor recently cancelled his debut Christmas pantomime role - playing Captain Hook in Peter Pan at the New Wimbledon Theatre, in south-west London.

The Hoff in panto :)

I'd rather watch a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

I've been thinking about this gag reflex, or, rather, lack of it. It must come in useful I would have thought, for drinking a yard of ale for example. I assume that's what BHB had in mind. But why would a doctor be concerned one way or another?

No gag reflex. My, my.

I knew if I looked I'd find this thread.....

Hey folks I'm not dead!

Details to follow.....suffice it to say it was not malignant.

Hey folks I'm not dead!

Not dead, good news! Hearing the words 'not malignant' has got to feel extremely good. As long as they're from your Doctor of course, not just in passing... :)

However, why still this strangely comprehensible run of posts?

Sir, are you sober? Or did you realise that the keys on your keyboard aren't supposed to be in alphabetical order and finally got round to putting them back in the right holes? Or did you just get bored typing in that style all of the time? I must say that whenever I've been pissed on here it has the opposite effect; I can still spell & hit the right keys, but the points I try & make become a little unclear, whereas your posts generally make sense if you can decipher the spelling.

How does a bit of the old tramp juice affect other people's typing? Discuss.

Hey folks I'm not dead!

Excellent news Bruno.

Hey folks I'm not dead!

Not dead, good news! Hearing the words 'not malignant' has got to feel extremely good. As long as they're from your Doctor of course, not just in passing... :)

However, why still this strangely comprehensible run of posts?

Sir, are you sober?

How does a bit of the old tramp juice affect other people's typing? Discuss.

Yes, I somehow managed to extradite myself from the bottles of booze...not sure how long it'll last...

It started out for medical reasons and so far seems to be holding although I found myself the other day having to fight the urge to enter into a local establishment for a quickie (which is usually a 5 hour deal). I like the way you refer to it as tramp juice since it made me a bit of a tramp...never made that connection before.

Bruno in all seriousness mate:

Long may you run. If it's a hard battle, I wish you strength.

In the UK they sell real ale, ie beer brewed the good old fashioned way with as many natural ingredients as they can get in it. I once suggested to a guy behind a bar extoling the virtues of the stuff that he should put framed photographs of real liver damage above his bar. He didn't see the funny side.

Yes, I somehow managed to extradite myself from the bottles of booze...not sure how long it'll last...

It started out for medical reasons and so far seems to be holding although I found myself the other day having to fight the urge to enter into a local establishment for a quickie (which is usually a 5 hour deal). I like the way you refer to it as tramp juice since it made me a bit of a tramp...never made that connection before.

I hope nothing was lost in transatlantic translation, I meant tramp as in bum rather than someone who puts it about a bit, although it's probably a good description whichever way it's meant. :)

But bum juice is something entirely different, and far less pleasant. Not unconnected though, a bout of bum juice can often follow a night on the tramp juice (or tramp fuel) if you get my drift...

May your sobriety last just as long as is necessary to help your recovery, whether that's weeks, months or for good.

Welcome back Bruno. Good to see you again