Get well soon, Lady G!

To confess I don't usually type with both hands, I only use my left hand alone. But I'm right handed.

No prizes for guessing what you're doing with your right hand when your left hand is typing then, eh? :P

That was another joke, by the way. Smiley thing, see?

Get well soon, Lady G.

I winced & pulled unaesthetic faces just reading about your mishap, so gawd only knows the tragedy etched upon your countenance as you tumbled down the steps & lacerated your digits.

When you returned indoors with bleeding fingers & agonised face, I trust SCSI suitably added to the moment's undoubted comedic qualities by demanding 'where you bin & what you bin doing?'

Seriously, hope you mend quickly & are back in these parts before too long.

Cheers,

BHB

'Arry is actually a swine of the first order (admit it 'Arry...)

BHB - "lest the unimaginable happened." err, isn't it entirely imaginable - hence the list? The lack of fame was the only thing keeping my grand dad off previous lists.

Ladt G - best wishes. (but how did you type the message to say you couldn't type any more messages for a while?) How does the snow plow driver get to work etc etc

I had to perform fur surgery on my guinea pig today. We have four boy guinea pigs, one of whom is asserting his male dominance over one other and humping him all the time. Well today he left his very own special mess all over the back of the other one, and, as is well known, guinea pig spunk sets hard like glue very quickly, so I had to bathe the poor thing to try and loosen up the jizz, and then cut the fur off.

Not to be outdone, my sister then took ill and I had to take her up the hospital to see the out of hours doctor, and I had to carry her wee sample through casualty, as she was delirious and couldn't walk properly and carry it herself.

And all this before I'd even had my tea.

Anyone else like to shower me in their bodily fluids today?

Welshman wrote:

BHB - "lest the unimaginable happened." err, isn't it entirely imaginable - hence the list? The lack of fame was the only thing keeping my grand dad off previous lists.

Erm... what? You've completely lost me here- not a particularly difficult thing to do, granted, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Cheers,

BHB

Ah, Welshman, perhaps I have some idea now. Having scrolled back a couple of pages I can ascertain that you took my quote 'lest the unimaginable happened' from the post where I shared the happy news that my mother had responded well to her operation.

You then ask 'isn't it entirely imaginable?' Erm, seeing as the 'unimaginable' in this case would have been my mother not responding well to the operation &,well, turning up her toes, then no, it is not entirely imaginable to me. Even my far fetched & vivid imagination chooses not to linger over the possibility (no matter how imminent it might be) of my mother's demise.

I am sure you didn't mean anything untoward by your post & I have no wish to enter any petty squabble (I'll leave that to BS & Windsor, lol), so over to you, Welshman.

What the f**k are you on about?

Cheers,

BHB

Thank you all for your good wishes, I now have use of some of the fingers on my right hand, the middle digit will take a few weeks to heal and get movement back into it, the dressings on it are being changed every few days by a nurse, but I can type again, washing dishes is still out of the question though :P .

Ladt G - best wishes. (but how did you type the message to say you couldn't type any more messages for a while?) How does the snow plow driver get to work etc etc

By using my left hand welshman, but it took ages to do, so I only posted once after that (in the ladies forum I think).

[i know what it's like to be single handed at a computer - but in my case it's because puss falls asleep on my arm, pinning it down and preventing my hand from reaching the keyboard. I'm such a soppy cat-owner that I wouldn't dream of moving her. At times like that I'm rather glad she's only a cat and not a Great Pyrenees!

Aww, I would be the same CO ;) . There is no way I would let my Great Pyrenees lie on my arm, bound to cut off blood circulation as he weighs over 11 stone! Yogi has been helping me recover by climbing onto the bed when I have been resting and helping me eat chocolate, I'm sure he just doesn't want me to get fat :D .

Thank you all for your good wishes, I now have use of some of the fingers on my right hand, the middle digit will take a few weeks to heal and get movement back into it, the dressings on it are being changed every few days by a nurse, but I can type again, washing dishes is still out of the question though :P .

By using my left hand welshman, but it took ages to do, so I only posted once after that (in the ladies forum I think).

[i know what it's like to be single handed at a computer - but in my case it's because puss falls asleep on my arm, pinning it down and preventing my hand from reaching the keyboard. I'm such a soppy cat-owner that I wouldn't dream of moving her. At times like that I'm rather glad she's only a cat and not a Great Pyrenees!

Aww, I would be the same CO ;) . There is no way I would let my Great Pyrenees lie on my arm, bound to cut off blood circulation as he weighs over 11 stone! Yogi has been helping me recover by climbing onto the bed when I have been resting and helping me eat chocolate, I'm sure he just doesn't want me to get fat :D .

I hope the recovery is swift painwise but not too swift washing-up wise. As far as washing up goes I think a year or two ought to do it, maybe more?

Doctors! Who needs 'em? And why does the ER submit 300 different bills---one for the admitting doctor, one for the brain scan, one for cardiology, one for x-ray, one for attending, one for... well, you get the idea.

Well, my employer has done done it. I have an ulcer. I guess this means I have to spend more time during the day on DL - it might be the only cure.

Well, that, six weeks of antibiotics and antacids (which, of course, screw up my lithium so I will probably become even more of a raving lunatic), and no coffee.

:crossbone:

...and why am I still getting this <div> tag?

My doctor has informed me that he has announced his decision to close his practice at the close of September---most unfrtunate.

My doctor has informed me that he has announced his decision to close his practice at the close of September---most unfrtunate.

Let me guess what would have driven him/her to do that????

He decided to go into practicing law. He had gone to law school a long while back and had indicated he might someday enter that field. The timing just startled me, however, I will deal with it.

He decided to go into practicing law. He had gone to law school a long while back and had indicated he might someday enter that field. The timing just startled me, however, I will deal with it.

If you want to keep the relationship going, just get run over instead of getting ill. (S)He will be more than happy to "treat" you.

I'm currently lying in hospital recovering from having my appendix out.

It was worth it for coming out of the anaesthesia.

They can do it again if they like. :rolleyes:

Get well soon spuddy. :skill2:

Ouch, sorry to hear that NAP, get well soon :skill2: .

Get well soon.

I think not. You've only got one appendix. :skill2:

That's why they're not called appendices.

They can do it again if they like.

I can recall times of illness, times of suffering, and they have always seemed to shake me up for other experiences.

It's like an awakening, you know Nap? It refines the mind.

IME it's amazing going under the anaesthesia.

Be careful of the stitches NAP. No hard straining or blowing for a bit perhaps. Speedy recovery :rolleyes:

I think not. You've only got one appendix. :skill2:

That's why they're not called appendices.

I don't mean to pry into the mysteries of NAP's anatomy, but most likely he's had his Notanappedix removed. So perhaps there's more than one in there.