The DL is becoming an altogether quite arty place. Two e.e.cummings quotes in a week. Outstanding

Christians must be rejoicing worlwide over this news.

I understand they've been waiting the second Cummings for a while now.

Couldn't find a suitable thread for this one:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/01/22/ski.mazoch/

"Czech ski jumper Jan Mazoch was in a serious but stable condition on Monday after his horrific fall during a World Cup event in the southern Polish resort of Zakopane"

Apparently he didn't realise you're not supposed to land on your head. You can see the footage courtesy of Youtube:

it would be better for Mazoch to be moved to a hospital in his home country while he was still in a coma

What, like he's asking?

it would be better for Mazoch to be moved to a hospital in his home country while he was still in a coma

What, like he's asking?

I was wondering in all this chaoss and confusion iffins Mazoch will be getting a shipment of matzoh soon?

I was wondering in all this chaoss and confusion iffins Mazoch will be getting a shipment of matzoh soon?

And would that be the Brother - Sister drug to anthrax?

And would that be the Brother - Sister drug to anthrax?

No no Jasper......and by the way, Anthrax is a band, not just a drug but it's a band which can make you feel like there weree drugs involved. Moving on to the Matzoh let me introduce you to a cracker of sorts, A delightfyl unleavened sheet of cracker looking material that goes as well with peanut butter and jelly as it does broken up and soaked in milk and fried up crispy with eggs......perhaps your confusion comes from not seeing it spelled without the H.

i bet that hurt. :P put him on the deathlist asap, its only a matter of time before he gets deppressed and tops hiself because he has no dick.. sad man/ woman

There are easier ways of being hospitalised so they can't deport you...

Well, after a sleepless, worry filled night, my dad's just rung to inform me that my mum's come round after an operation on her lungs yesterday afternoon. A bit of pain, but she's got a morphine drip so I'll be up visiting as soon as possible.

I'd just like to say that being a member of the DL did actually help a little, by way of enabling me to put some sort of sense of perspective on the whole thing lest the unimaginable happened. There is certainly some value to discussing what we all dread the most, so f**k all the drive by ranters and let's keep doing this therapeutic thing that we do.

A morphine drip, how great is that? Almost makes it worth being sliced open and having things cut out.

Almost.

I think I'll stick with my dealer however...

Cheers,

BHB

Stink bro.

Sorry to hear about your mum, mine was good enough to allow a large sample of her morphine elixir before a drip became necessary. I have also seen the effects of the stuff on Gunjagirl when she broke her leg aged 20 months, very chatty she was, very chatty.

You're dead right about the dealer though, the official channels of access to opiates are too costly by half (at the very least).

Chin up old boy...

I'm glad everything is looking up, BHB.

You can probably get all kinds of stories on your relatives if you get to Mom about 5 minutes after the morphine has hit. You'll have a window of about 10 minutes to find out exactly what Aunt Ileana was doing when she was found on the roof of the hotel in her panties with a bar of soap in her hand.

Unfortunately my mother only talks about me when she's on morphine. I have to chase all my relatives out of the room.

Thanks guys.

I won't be considering the family confessions whilst flying on morphine angle though. Our family history is bad enough when everyone's lucid, so I'd hate to see what might tumble from the closet under hallucination.

My mum's doing well by the way and over the weekend my father very kindly deflected all attention away from her health worries by embarking on a brandy bender and going missing for 24 hours. Which was extremely good and helpful of him. Now he's turned up we're all forming a queue to give him a good slapping.

Dysfunctional? The Osbournes have got nothing on my f*****g family you know.

Cheers,

BHB

I won't be posting for a while, I've just spent 4 hours in the A & E, I fell down our garden steps last night trying to take the bins out and have ripped open all of the fingers on my right hand, no broken bones thankfully but the wounds are badly infected, they've been bandaged up and I've got painkillers and antibiotics, plus my arm is in sling. I've to return to hospital on Sunday or sooner if the infection reaches my wrist, so I'm afraid typing is out of the question for a while B) , although washing dishes is also a no no :) , poor scsi will be chief cook and bottle washer for the next wee while.

Get well soon (for both your sakes). B)

Alright, this whole story is completely ironic to me, because last night I dreamed that a friend of mine brought three knock out blonds up to my main room, and one left the second she walked through my door since some urgent cell phone call had her on the run, and the other went flirting across the room. I think the urgent call had something to do with antibiotics.

I won't be posting for a while, I've just spent 4 hours in the A & E, I fell down our garden steps last night trying to take the bins out and have ripped open all of the fingers on my right hand, no broken bones thankfully but the wounds are badly infected, they've been bandaged up and I've got painkillers and antibiotics, plus my arm is in sling. I've to return to hospital on Sunday or sooner if the infection reaches my wrist, so I'm afraid typing is out of the question for a while B) , although washing dishes is also a no no :) , poor scsi will be chief cook and bottle washer for the next wee while.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Lady G. :) I hope the wounds heal quickly and easily, and that you feel better soon!

I know what it's like to be single handed at a computer - but in my case it's because puss falls asleep on my arm, pinning it down and preventing my hand from reaching the keyboard. I'm such a soppy cat-owner that I wouldn't dream of moving her. At times like that I'm rather glad she's only a cat and not a Great Pyrenees!

I know what it's like to be single handed at a computer -

Ooooer missus.

Sorry to hear that Lady G. Hope you get better soon.

Come on Lady G, where's the Dunkirk spirit?! After all, Banshees has managed to post over 3 million thousand times using just his left foot.

Anyway, all the best with the recovery and enjoy the being-waited-on by scsi.

Come on Lady G, where's the Dunkirk spirit?! After all, Banshees has managed to post over 3 million thousand times using just his left foot.

Arry Mcnally is a good guy, I'm thinking about sending him a little gift.

To confess I don't usually type with both hands, I only use my left hand alone. But I'm right handed.

Some people might say learn with both hands, I could accept that but I would take money out of my wallet and bet I could type faster then 8\10 people in a matter of 30 seconds.

I've been using the Internet since 1996 and it's just the way I learned.

Arry Mcnally is a good guy, I'm thinking about sending him a little gift.

To confess I don't usually type with both hands, I only use my left hand alone. But I'm right handed.

Some people might say learn with both hands, I could accept that but I would take money out of my wallet and bet I could type faster then 8\10 people in a matter of 30 seconds.

I've been using the Internet since 1996 and it's just the way I learned.

However, I'm guessing the accuracy will be below par.