To the list of 'Fifth Beatles' can be added George Martin, their producer, Brian Epstein, their manager and Linda McCartney, their vegetarian ready-meal provider.

I'm confused as to how many people are regarded as to being The 5th Beatle, at one point Stuart Sutcliffe was considered to be the 5th, then it was Pete Best and now Billy Preston :shoot:

My ex-Modern Studies teacher claimed to be the 5th Beatle. Although he was not part of the band he was very close to the band in their early days. He went to school with one of them.

Needless to say, they became millionaires and he bacame a modern studies teacher - obviously didn't think that much of him...

No, I'm the fifth Beatle

Pete Best probably considers himself the 5th Beatle. If not him, I guess Stewart Sutcliff would be.

Or perhaps the 5th Beatle hasn't been recognized just yet?

Will the real 5th Beatle, please step forward!!

If it's Heather McCuntney will that make it 4 1/2 Beatles? :(

To the list of 'Fifth Beatles' can be added George Martin, their producer, Brian Epstein, their manager and Linda McCartney, their vegetarian ready-meal provider.

I'm confused as to how many people are regarded as to being The 5th Beatle, at one point Stuart Sutcliffe was considered to be the 5th, then it was Pete Best and now Billy Preston :shoot:

My ex-Modern Studies teacher claimed to be the 5th Beatle. Although he was not part of the band he was very close to the band in their early days. He went to school with one of them.

Needless to say, they became millionaires and he bacame a modern studies teacher - obviously didn't think that much of him...

No, I'm the fifth Beatle

Pete Best probably considers himself the 5th Beatle. If not him, I guess Stewart Sutcliff would be.

is that because she can't step forward, she has to hop?

No, I'm the fifth Beatle

Paul McCartney bought his wife Heather a plane for her birthday,

and for her other leg he bought her a ladyshave

I'm confused as to how many people are regarded as to being The 5th Beatle, at one point Stuart Sutcliffe was considered to be the 5th, then it was Pete Best and now Billy Preston :unsure:

No, I'm the fifth Beatle

If it's Heather McCuntney will that make it 4 1/2 Beatles? :blink:

Paul McCartney bought his wife Heather a plane for her birthday,

and for her other leg he bought her a ladyshave

His one legged woman was a model. He could tell her spread your leg and fly.

Just being a complete anorak for a second here. Apart from Billy Preston the only other 'and' credited on a Beatles record was Tony Sheridan. Is he still alive?

Just being a complete anorak for a second here. Apart from Billy Preston the only other 'and' credited on a Beatles record was Tony Sheridan. Is he still alive?

Apparently so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Sheridan

did billyb prestoin have any songs of his own and onluy his own othwer than will It Go round in Circles?

Not sure yet, I'm checking.

What is bizarre is that the 6/6/06 has been a bad day for the pianist world.

Preston, that fellow in the Comets, and a pianist for the Long Island Philharmonic Orchestra all announced (but not died) dead today.

'Fifth Beatle' Billy Preston Dies at 59

The great singer-songwriter and performer Billy Preston, the real "Fifth Beatle," has died after a long illness as a result of malignant hypertension that resulted in kidney failure and other complications.

As a result of a medical insult, he'd been in a deep coma since last November 21, but was still struggling to recover. He died at Shea Scottsdale Hospital in Scottsdale, Ariz., where he'd lived for the last couple of years.

From Fox News, I'd say the checking is over, he's checked out!

The mangling of the English language goes on...

As a result of a medical insult, he'd been in a deep coma since last November 21,

Billy Preston, was a respected musician and will be missed by his fans. A hell of a day to die on though.

A hell of a day to die on though.

Nice pun there.

As a result of a medical insult, he'd been in a deep coma since last November 21,

good spot ATJ. What's perplexing me is what word should replace "insult" in that article. "Mishap"? "Misdiagnosis?" "F*ck-up"?

good spot ATJ. What's perplexing me is what word should replace "insult" in that article. "Mishap"? "Misdiagnosis?" "F*ck-up"?

Casualty would prove it's meaning popular. :blink:

Billy Preston, was a respected musician and will be missed by his fans. A hell of a day to die on though.

A sad loss to the music world. ;) He definitely choose a spooky day to die on. :blink:

I'm a huge Beatles fan and have been since the day Lennon died (I was 4 and it was the first time I'd heard of them), but I'm sadly celebrating this passing. Just started a year long heads-up death pool with a friend of mine and Billy Preston just gave me a 41 point head start.

With Billy Preston's death, and assuming these things do actually occur in three's, then Michael Bolton and... er... Chuck Bury must be getting a bit worried.

Chuck Bury?

How appropriate :blink:

Ahhh they said he wasn't dying

Who said he wasn't dieing Paulie?

He's dead, folks.

"Fifth Beatle" dies, aged 59.

Ahhh they said he wasn't dying :blink:

I could have put him on WDP or RDP but noooo.... ;)

Anyhow, congrats to STTG, who gets points on the WDP!

Good old Billy he was one of my RDP selections.