Guest anthony

well would you want people talking about you dying?

i mean whats the kick out talking/hoping someone dies that you have never met?

x

x

The only worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

x

If you read the posts on here NO one is HOPING people die, we're speculating on who might, in the same way you might speculate on which horse is going to win the 3.15 at Kempton, only thing is we can't gamble money on our predictions or I dare say some of us might :ghost:

have you even listened to any of his music?

from the libs or babyshambles?

all your doing, is believing everything you read in a paper.

and what is with a website, that is about people dying?

doesen't it disturb you a bit?

x

I have listened to the bands you mention: The Libertines sounds almost as if it has potential to be a half decent band but I can't work out what musical contribution was made by Pete Doherty. His most remarkable feat was retaining the loyalty of the other band members for as long as he did before they eventually slung him out.

His real function seems to be as a "bad boy" figure to keep the fans off the streets and make money for whoever profits from from the ticket sales.

(from Chambers 21st Century Dictionary)

legend noun 1 a traditional story which has popularly come to be regarded as true, but has not been confirmed as such. 2 such stories collectively. 3 someone famous about whom popularly-believed stories are told • a legend in her own lifetime. 4 words accompanying a map or picture, etc which explain the symbols used. 5 an inscription on a coin, medal or coat of arms. 6 originally the story of a saint's life.

ETYMOLOGY: 14c: from Latin legenda things to be read.

You describe him as 'pure legend'; you might well be right!

I feel as probably the only registered Babyshambles/fan here I should offer some defence of 'ole Peter ,or at least his musical talent. I'll try to avoid using the word's genius, legend or poet as they seem to rile people into getting their dictionairy's out and I wouldn't nessecerily say any are true.

While both Libertines albums take a bit of getting into due to rough production and quick, garbled vocals, most people who have listened throughly to them would acknowledge them as at least in the top ten albums this century. Lyricly, for which Pete can take most of the credit, they're far above your average indie-punk band. Horrorshow,Time for Hero's, Last Post on The Buegle, Ha-Ha Wall and Man who would be king especially spring to mind.

As to what exactly his contribution to The Libertines, it can be fairly certain he did most of the work on what in my opinion are their best songs. Asides from the above you have What Katy Did, Music When The Lights Go Out,Bankok and The Dealney to name but a few. The guitar sound of the band was more developed by Carl but alot of the original tunes were written by Pete.

If you really want to see what he added to The Libertines, just compare Pete and Carl's post libertine work. While Carl's album is an easier and probably better listen at first their is so much more depth and varity to the Babyshambles album. Not that Dirty Pretty Things album isn't good, but it resembles the worst of Oasis-when they just write songs by numbers, trying nothing new. It's a album limited to two emtions; angry and smug.Again, it's still a great listen but it's the same indie-punk riffs he's always written. The Babyshambles album is far more varied, you have punk, pop, ska, acoustic ballads and of course the odd Libertine-esque garage punk song. So it's probably fair to say Pete added the imagination to The Libertines.

Also while he's reknowed as a fame hungry attention seeker, which may not be entirley unture, Down In Albion(the first Babyshambles album) was probably as uncommerical as it could have been. Barley produced by ex-clash guitarist Mick Jones, it's essentially a live album which they opted to put out rather than an also existing fully mixed version. And due to putting nearly all of his songs on the internet for free download as they are first recorded, every song on that album was already aviable on the internet. The most recent of these was just a couple of weeks ago, a nine track demo of I believe 5-6 very recent songs and some older ones. Not a bad place to start actully if your looking for some material. They aren't all the best songs he's written but they're clear and well preformed which can be rare in some of these. Frenchdogblues.com if you're interested. Bear in mind he started this in 2003 before the Myspace craze really took of. This free music and the fact he was surprisingly accesible to fans, regulary posting on the fourms and inviting them to small private gigs at his flat, probably contributed to the hero worship you do unfortunitly get. Though in the end that fourm posting wasn't all that good for The Libertines survival.But thats another story.

While I doubt many of you will be dashing out for tickets right away I hope you give his vast output some consideration. And to get back on topic, he's not that likley to die soon. He presumbly has cut down on his drug intake or else he'd be in jail and has been cleared of being involved in that actor's death. Though ex-Babyshambles guitarist and co-writer of a fair slab of the album Patrick Walden, might be a consideration. Had to quit the band, according to another member, because he owed some people alot of money and couldn't leave the house. And he had his own drug problems. Obviously I'd much rather he didn't, very talented musican himself, but is more likely to die than Pete.

I feel as probably the only registered Babyshambles/fan here I should offer some defence of 'ole Peter ,or at least his musical talent. I'll try to avoid using the word's genius, legend or poet as they seem to rile people into getting their dictionairy's out and I wouldn't nessecerily say any are true.

While both Libertines albums take a bit of getting into due to rough production and quick, garbled vocals, most people who have listened throughly to them would acknowledge them as at least in the top ten albums this century. Lyricly, for which Pete can take most of the credit, they're far above your average indie-punk band. Horrorshow,Time for Hero's, Last Post on The Buegle, Ha-Ha Wall and Man who would be king especially spring to mind.

As to what exactly his contribution to The Libertines, it can be fairly certain he did most of the work on what in my opinion are their best songs. Asides from the above you have What Katy Did, Music When The Lights Go Out,Bankok and The Dealney to name but a few. The guitar sound of the band was more developed by Carl but alot of the original tunes were written by Pete.

If you really want to see what he added to The Libertines, just compare Pete and Carl's post libertine work. While Carl's album is an easier and probably better listen at first their is so much more depth and varity to the Babyshambles album. Not that Dirty Pretty Things album isn't good, but it resembles the worst of Oasis-when they just write songs by numbers, trying nothing new. It's a album limited to two emtions; angry and smug.Again, it's still a great listen but it's the same indie-punk riffs he's always written. The Babyshambles album is far more varied, you have punk, pop, ska, acoustic ballads and of course the odd Libertine-esque garage punk song. So it's probably fair to say Pete added the imagination to The Libertines.

Also while he's reknowed as a fame hungry attention seeker, which may not be entirley unture, Down In Albion(the first Babyshambles album) was probably as uncommerical as it could have been. Barley produced by ex-clash guitarist Mick Jones, it's essentially a live album which they opted to put out rather than an also existing fully mixed version. And due to putting nearly all of his songs on the internet for free download as they are first recorded, every song on that album was already aviable on the internet. The most recent of these was just a couple of weeks ago, a nine track demo of I believe 5-6 very recent songs and some older ones. Not a bad place to start actully if your looking for some material. They aren't all the best songs he's written but they're clear and well preformed which can be rare in some of these. Frenchdogblues.com if you're interested. Bear in mind he started this in 2003 before the Myspace craze really took of. This free music and the fact he was surprisingly accesible to fans, regulary posting on the fourms and inviting them to small private gigs at his flat, probably contributed to the hero worship you do unfortunitly get. Though in the end that fourm posting wasn't all that good for The Libertines survival.But thats another story.

While I doubt many of you will be dashing out for tickets right away I hope you give his vast output some consideration. And to get back on topic, he's not that likley to die soon. He presumbly has cut down on his drug intake or else he'd be in jail and has been cleared of being involved in that actor's death. Though ex-Babyshambles guitarist and co-writer of a fair slab of the album Patrick Walden, might be a consideration. Had to quit the band, according to another member, because he owed some people alot of money and couldn't leave the house. And he had his own drug problems. Obviously I'd much rather he didn't, very talented musican himself, but is more likely to die than Pete.

Well that's a much better post than the usual 'hey u twats y don't u all die pete's a genius and u are all nobs'.

Guest anthony

i saw them in loughborough on the 30th septmeber :)

it was amazing,

then i met pete afterwards,

he came out in the rain,

and was hugging and kissing his fans, signing things aswell :P

it was all good,

i climbed up to where he was, he put his arm round me and i stood with his arm round me,

for like 10mins :)

he's a real nice guy.

x

I feel as probably the only registered Babyshambles/fan here I should offer some defence .....snip for brevity....

Thank you for that information Ize. I didn't find much in Frenchdogblues.com (it's not that easy to get in to the site) but you made some useful suggestions.

As for his being not likely to die, he has certainly shown himself as a survivor - so far. From the reports we see and hear, he seems more likely than most to be the victim of some sort of accident, possibly dangerous enough to be fatal.

I feel as probably the only registered Babyshambles/fan here I should offer some defence .....snip for brevity....

Thank you for that information Ize. I didn't find much in Frenchdogblues.com (it's not that easy to get in to the site) but you made some useful suggestions.

As for his being not likely to die, he has certainly shown himself as a survivor - so far. From the reports we see and hear, he seems more likely than most to be the victim of some sort of accident, possibly dangerous enough to be fatal.

Yeah, it's changed quite recently so it now requires some sort of plug-in download something. But if you do get in it should just start playing automaticlly. Theres also a site albionarks.com, but frankly it's even harder to work. Most of it's on youtube anyway, though I'd personaly stay clear of the creepy Pete and Carl montages of which their is a worrying amount.

Most of it's on youtube anyway, though I'd personaly (sp) stay clear of the creepy Pete and Carl montages of which their is a worrying amount.

Sigh!

i climbed up to where he was, he put his arm round me and i stood with his arm round me,

for like 10mins :D

Did you check you still had your wallet afterwards?

Guest Guest

yes i did still have my wallet,

he's doing quyite well at the moment :P

i havent seen him arrested for possesions of drugs in a while :)

x

There is usually at least one "young" rock and roll death a year, and I can't think of anyone more likely to bite the bullet this year than good old Pete, especially if he and Kate are still knocking around together. So much money and so little brain power tends to be an unhealthy combination.

Guest anthony

argh i don't like kate moss,

but peter doherty is a real smart man :D

xxx

yes i did still have my wallet,

he's doing quyite well at the moment :P

i havent seen him arrested for possesions of drugs in a while :)

x

true dat. He's now too busy getting arrested for joyriding

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/news-chann...036;1041247.htm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

but peter doherty is a real smart man :D

xxx

If he's that smart, why does he keep getting arrested for daft things?

but peter doherty is a real smart man :P

xxx

Could anthony be Pete in disguise perhaps???

:D

Guest Guest

but peter doherty is a real smart man :crossbone:

xxx

Could anthony be Pete in disguise perhaps???

:crossbone:

no i am not peter doherty,

www.myspace.com/xanthony1000x (proof) :unsure:

he did real well at school.

he is an intelligent man,

he is just targeted by the press because he's with kate moss.

and because he sells papers.

x

and because he sells papers.

x

he's left Babyshambles and found his true vocation, delivering the dailys to people's homes??? :crossbone:

Guest anthony

you so take the piss, he dosent deliver papers,

but the stories people write about him, sell papers :crossbone:

and hes realeasing a new album later this year.

x

and hes realeasing a new album later this year

x

so he'll have another criminal record then to add to the others

and hes realeasing a new album later this year.

x

But the papers probably sell Doherty more than he sells the papers...