ever met a pete doherty fan who actually could type/speak a proper sentence?

Judging from this thread, I would have to conclude not yet.

leeve pete aloane you sad c**ts petes a genius poet/songwriter - pete creataes great art doestn spend all the day on sites about whos dead and whos not. Get a life!

I think this guest has proven your point, Greedy Trash :P

Pete Doherty the cartoon.

I wonder if it'll be on CBBC. :lol:

If Doherty is providing the voice for himself, I wonder if the director will have to rephrase himself when he tells Doherty to practise his lines :rip:

Hi ,

My nomination for 2007 is Pete Docherty . I've known people who've taken enough to re - stock a Boots store and survive ( with one noable exception ) but this guy just can't hack the abuse he gives himself . The signs are ther .

Best wishes

Futile

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

is he still using? i though he was in Rehab

As I understand it those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

regards,

Hein

Do we choose Pete Doherty from a DL professional view point in that he is likely to implode at any moment or because we want him to shuffle off this mortal coil because he's annoying? Personally I chose him for the latter reason.

I don't choose him either way. I think we miss a point with the likes of him. By and large the highest profile drug casualties in rock were people - like Hendrix - who misused by accident in days when nobody was keeping such tight tabs on them. Janice Joplin injected her usual amount but had some seriously strong stuff from a street dealer. Since those days the worst casualties have been third rate musicians who were still buying off the street. Pete Doherty is probably getting pharmacy grade stuff from a tame doctor. Not good for him but nowhere near as dangerous as someone taking the same amounts on the basis of buying in the bogs at their local pub. I think he'll see 2008, he might well be working into middle age.

he might well be working into middle age.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, this is about the 3rd time some media outlet has reported that Pete and Kate got married, which then turns out to be complete bullshit. Have journalists and editors no shame? Wait, I think I just answered my own question.

And for the record, a strong push was made to include Pete, or A N Other under 40 just to spice the '07 list up a little, but the old school republican guardians of the DL were having none of it. And as they have a pretty good track record of success, the list is very likely better for it.

Guest anthony

wow you guys are all total dicks,

peter doherty is pue legend,

you guys sad worthless twats,

i hope you guys die,

you people are evil and twisted.

x

Guest anthony

pure*

i hope you guys die,

x

you love us really :rolleyes:

i hope you guys die,

x

you love us really :rolleyes:

I have to stop laughing before I can respond properly :o:D

i hope you guys die,

x

Yes. But at the end of they day, at least we're not junkies.

Are we? :rolleyes:

pure*

You said it! See the Oxford English Dictionary, s.v. pure B.5, as a noun meaning dogs' dung.

DWB :rolleyes:

In a fruitless attempt to find something positive, preferably musical, about Mr Doherty I found this. Now if that had happened to be Pete singing, then I would have been impressed....

They don't seem to make them like that any more. :rolleyes:

Guest BigG1986
You all clearly know nothing about Peter Doherty's life, live performances and drug addiction if all you base your(in my opinion sick) comments on NME articles and bollocks like the sun. Ive gone to many a libertines and babyshambles show over the last two years and met the sweet sweet man himself, so I and many others think that you are all f*****g sick for trying to predict someones death, especially the death of someone so lovely and influencial. Seriously you should all think about getting a life

Pete is a twat face it i mean who on earth does he think hes is playin the big i am, hes certainly no kurt cobain like he thinks he is, hes only famous for being a junkie scum bag who got lucky with a babe not his music. If he mabye put a little effort into his music then mabye people would learn to appreciate him, but the amount of shows he cancells is rediculous, it would be ok if he had the massive fan base an loyal support like that of which oasis have at least then u have something to fall back on and the fans know that they will be apprectiated. pete is just trying to bring the old skool rock and roll lifestyle back into the mainstream but is forgtting that ozzy osbourne and iggy pop amoungst many others never cancelled a show coz they could be arsed or were goin cols turkey, in rehab or just to smacked off their tits to care, they were tru rock 'n' roll stars who were loyal to there fans base they werent playin rock star like pete is they were/are still

Pete is a twat face it i mean who on earth does he think hes is playin the big i am, hes certainly no kurt cobain like he thinks he is, hes only famous for being a junkie scum bag who got lucky with a babe not his music. If he mabye put a little effort into his music then mabye people would learn to appreciate him, but the amount of shows he cancells is rediculous, it would be ok if he had the massive fan base an loyal support like that of which oasis have at least then u have something to fall back on and the fans know that they will be apprectiated. pete is just trying to bring the old skool rock and roll lifestyle back into the mainstream but is forgtting that ozzy osbourne and iggy pop amoungst many others never cancelled a show coz they could be arsed or were goin cols turkey, in rehab or just to smacked off their tits to care, they were tru rock 'n' roll stars who were loyal to there fans base they werent playin rock star like pete is they were/are still

Er... yes. I agree completely with what you are trying to say.

Before the pedants intervene, I find more resemblance to clearly written English in the paragraph quoted above that I have found resemblance to music in anything from Pete Doherty.

So what's going on? More importantly, why is it happening?

Er... yes. I agree completely with what you are trying to say.

Before the pedants intervene, I find more resemblance to clearly written English in the paragraph quoted above that I have found resemblance to music in anything from Pete Doherty.

So what's going on? More importantly, why is it happening?

We prefer to be known as the "The Pedantic Society" actually

Guest anthony

have you even listened to any of his music?

from the libs or babyshambles?

all your doing, is believing everything you read in a paper.

and what is with a website, that is about people dying?

doesen't it disturb you a bit?

x

x

No it doesen't disturb me at all.... :ghost:

Read the goddamned thread...Many of us have had the misfortune to hear his music but our problem is that we don't like it. Sounds like George Formby played through cheap amps to me.

x