Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain

Im Going To Quit

Guest iain

7 weeks with no deathlist hits.Ive had enough of waiting.If nobody on the list dies by midnight tonight Im resigning from Deathlist. :angry:

7 weeks with no deathlist hits.Ive had enough of waiting.If nobody on the list dies by midnight tonight Im resigning from Deathlist.

See you tomorrow then? :angry:

• Like 1

Don't give up hope. We had a lean spell last year then three died in 8 days.

Oh well - happy Retirement iain....

• Like 1

oh come off it iain, you know we never take your mad-cap predictions seriously. As a seasoned DL'er I can only offer the advice that death can't be forced. You can hope, you can cheer, you can laugh, you can cry, but there's nothing you can do to make someone die. Except kill them yourselves, but that's against the rules.

I look forward to reading about someone we've never heard of dying in the "Near misses" thread tomorrow.

oh come off it iain, you know we never take your mad-cap predictions seriously. As a seasoned DL'er I can only offer the advice that death can't be forced. You can hope, you can cheer, you can laugh, you can cry, but there's nothing you can do to make someone die. Except kill them yourselves, but that's against the rules.

I look forward to reading about someone we've never heard of dying in the "Near misses" thread tomorrow.

I for one second that. Reading your posts predicting people's deaths always reminds me of Michael Fish calmy telling us all that there was nothing to worry about before the country got battered by hurricane.

I like to imagine celebritys reading this board, seeing that you've predicted their death and then cheerfully whipping onto Thomas Cook's website and booking next year's holiday.

As Tempus said a few weeks back, before going into the BB house, 'keep doing that mad thing you do, Iain.'

7 weeks with no deathlist hits.Ive had enough of waiting.If nobody on the list dies by midnight tonight Im resigning from Deathlist.

I've had similarly frustrated urges myself but never folloed through on them. Someone will die, promise.

In the meanwhile I do like the grand, formal language, "Resigning" from deathlist. Worthy of DLT himself.

Except kill them yourselves, but that's against the rules.

Since when Cowboy Ronnie is that against the rules? :angry:

And a brillient view on the Near - Misses idea. Surely somebody will pass away. I guess Iain can't go then? He said it himself.

No word just yet. :P

And a brillient view on the Near - Misses idea. Surely somebody will pass away. I guess Iain can't go then? He said it himself.

Good point BS. Who says you can't kill them yourself in order to up our success rate.

Quitting is not easy. I've tried it several times, but there's always that urge to chip in. I've bought some DL patches to give a daily infusion but it isn't like the real thing. DLing's ma hobby.

Guest iain

sorry about that strop there.Just gets a b it frustrating at times :angry:

Well Godot, I'll start the session shall I?

My name is Windsor the Troll, and I'm a deathlistaholic.

:angry:

iain - why not take up gardening or some other fun hobby whilst you wait...

Good point BS. Who says you can't kill them yourself in order to up our success rate.

Well, ok, I suppose it's not a written-down rule that you can't kill someone on the DL, but that would surely be against the Corinthian ideals at the very core of the DL's soul. We don't have to nominate 25 new names every year, but we do. We could just go for the 50 oldest people in the world as our picks, but we instead try to go for people everyone will have heard of. We don't allow people whose only claim to fame is their imminent death.

However, the one exception to the "no killing" rule is if Brian E17 Harvey makes the list, upon which the DL Committee shall issue its own fatwa and reward any successful assassin with a promise of eternal happiness and 96 virgins.

Welcome back iain, it's almost as if you were never away......

The wit & wisdom of Iain:

On Quitting

im seriously t hinking of leaving this forum

i dont think i'll bother taking part in th is forum anymore.Goodbye

if im wrong about thi sI will resign from the deathlist in embarrasment and humiliation

7 weeks with no deathlist hits.Ive had enough of waiting.If nobody on the list dies by midnight tonight Im resigning from Deathlist

well im taking a break anyway

On Wikipedia

I usually check to see if its reported elsewhere but 99% of the time Wikipedia is quite reliable.

wikipedia is never wrong

wikipedia is reporting the death of comedian Ricky Gervais in an accident

On Charlton Heston, Patrick Moore & Gerald Ford

I have been told that the death of Charlton Heston is imminent.I cannot divulge my source though

I am going to maske this bold prediction...Charlton Heston will be the next deathlist hit .Hestons time is almost up.I'll be back to gloat when it happens later!

Maybe ive been exaggerating Patrick Moores condition

Gerald Ford will die in the next 7 weeks (March 28th)

On his powers

just wait and see if Im right or wrong..I have a feeling about these things

I have a strong feeling that today marks the beginning of a period of rapid deathlist 'hits' (since this posting: 0)

i just have a feeling that he may not be with us much longer..i wish i didnt..im partly psychic u see..

and my favourite...

1.18am wsome of you have been really insensitive on this thread.Frankly it disgusts me (Dana Reeve)

1.20am ok folks so lets get together and pray for Kissinger to snuff it!

I don't think Iain will go anywhere - he's had more farewells than Sinatra...

But the two most important reasons are:

PS my birthday is on may 16

PS im not dead

Happy Birthday for tomorrow - maybe you will have a DL hit to celebrate?

• Like 1

7 weeks with no deathlist hits.Ive had enough of waiting.If nobody on the list dies by midnight tonight Im resigning from Deathlist. :angry:
sorry about that strop there.Just gets a b it frustrating at times banghead.gif

You know, it's this kind of abandon-all-hope-when-the-chips-are-down mentality that is really a source of consternation for me.

It's like sports "fans" (and I use that in the loosest sense of the word) who wholeheartedly "support" their team when it is doing well, but as soon as the team's chips are down, the so-called "fans" lose interest and their support wanes.

You gotta support the team come what may, iain. The DL may not be doing so well at the moment, but with our support it'll turn around. Even if we went a year (gasp! knock on wood!) without a death, we should all stil be rallying around in support of The Team.

Quitting is not easy. I've tried it several times, but there's always that urge to chip in. I've bought some DL patches to give a daily infusion but it isn't like the real thing. DLing's ma hobby.

This was the base of many jokes that were once told about Tempus Fugit.

I would say 'only if there were a patch to limit one's post count'

That joke now seems to be the last thing you'd laugh about.

I'm with In Eternum re supporting the team etc etc. Although I find his ditching of the rather fetching portrait of Andy 'The Viking' Fordham a little sad. How would Iain feel if the vanished and then saw a trio of DL top fifty cases die over the summer.

As any true Carlisle United fan will tell you, you have to take the lows with the highs.

You gotta support the team come what may, iain.

Apparently it worked with the Oilers, 3-2 up after being 0-2 down. Well done! :angry:

regards,

Hein

OoO, seeing the effort that you put into your analysis of the situation gave me the best laugh I've had in a while. Totally made my day. :angry:

bye

Damn! *opens mouth and shoves in foot (oo-er mrs)* Stanley Kunitz saved you from your early 'retirement'

See you tomorrow then? :P

Spooky! Did you know something TLC? :angry:

sorry about that strop there.Just gets a b it frustrating at times banghead.gif

You know, it's this kind of abandon-all-hope-when-the-chips-are-down mentality that is really a source of consternation for me.

It's like sports "fans" (and I use that in the loosest sense of the word) who wholeheartedly "support" their team when it is doing well, but as soon as the team's chips are down, the so-called "fans" lose interest and their support wanes.

You gotta support the team come what may, iain. The DL may not be doing so well at the moment, but with our support it'll turn around. Even if we went a year (gasp! knock on wood!) without a death, we should all stil be rallying around in support of The Team.

Well put ie+