Not a huge football fan, but I must admit that Southend beating Man United has made my week.

:D

Guest Southend Fan

Not a huge football fan, but I must admit that Southend beating Man United has made my week.

:D

:P:D:lol::D;)

Last night's Netherlands v England friendly was a somewhat entertaining match. Much more entertaining was to see how commentators on Dutch and English TV both claimed their side was better. They were, of course, both disappointlingly mediocre. The result reflected that.

regards,

Hein

I'll be sure to give yers a cheery wave from the away enclosure Twelvetrees.

So, tomorrow - the highlight of the football calendar has to be Derek Holmes returning to Bournemouth. Hopefully he'll be about as effective as he usually was when playing at Dean Court. Sixteen goals in 136 games as a target man. Shame I won't be there to witness his brilliance once more.

Anyway, good luck to Carlisle. I hope you lose graciously.

We won luckily, yer man Holmes playing a part. He's something of a luxury for us, used in his best role of coming on as a sub when we have a lead and clattering his way forward to keep the ball in the opponents' half. I'd agree, he's not exactly the world's top target man. Has his uses mind, he tends to get a run out most games, but seldom goes the distance. I think Paul Simpson made an inspired signing because he clearly saw a use for a player who hadn't really found his full - if limited - potential. Your fans weren't exactly fulsome in their welcome as the great Holmes took to the field deep into the second half.

Thanks for the 'luckily', but that's six league games in a row where the opposition have been 'lucky'. The way things are going, we'll be facing a derby match against Weymouth within the year.

Didn't think you that bad, but we've yet to see Orient on their patch this season. In fact you only lost out on a draw because Peter Murphy managed a miraculous back header off his own line in the second half.

Have faith, we did. Also, doubt Weymouth are coming up. Oxford for sure and probably one of the ex-league teams with deeper pockets than Weymouth via the play offs.

Oxford for sure

God, I hope not. I hope they stay in the non-league where they belong. Losing to Gravesend as we beat Charlton on the same day is both hilarious & fitting, considering what they tried to do some 25 yrs ago. :D

Oxford United may break the record for Conference points. They're too good for that level. Carlisle suffered the odd shock down there. The way the Dagenham and Redbridge team ran and embraced each other after beating us said everything about what they thought they'd achieved. In the end, mind, we were just too damn big for that leve despite our financial problems. Oxford don't have the same level of problems. They're comin' back with their bizarre three sided stadium, and they're mad as hell, or summat.

Incidentally, for those thinking us regular posters on this thread somewhat idiotic, just be glad this guy hasn't found the DL.

Oxford United may break the record for Conference points. They're too good for that level. Oxford don't have the same level of problems. They're comin' back with their bizarre three sided stadium, and they're mad as hell, or summat.

Well done for completely missing my point, MPFC.... :D

Was more a case of thinking you'd made yer point re Maxwell so well there was nowt more to say, other than pointing out it's no longer the same club. Mind you, Maxwell's legacy is safe and fitting in the three sided ground, a monument to unfulfilled and overblown ambitions.

A warning to anyone travelling there for the first time. You think you're doing okay because you can park near the ground. The regulars know to park a distance away so the stray balls and last minute crowd crush don't threaten to damage your car.

Was more a case of thinking you'd made yer point re Maxwell so well there was nowt more to say, other than pointing out it's no longer the same club. Mind you, Maxwell's legacy is safe and fitting in the three sided ground, a monument to unfulfilled and overblown ambitions.

People think it was just Captain Bob alone, but it wasn't. It was the directors who went along with the evil plan all the way and who remained at the club long after the fat bastard went for a swim. One of those directors is still a life-president of the club. Until he dies, it will still be the "same club" for me.

Maxwell's death was my favourite death of ALL time & Oxford's relegation last year brought more joy to me then Reading's record-breaking Championship.

I sincerely hope they cock up, miss out on promotion, lose their so-called "stars" and go back to where they belong - the cess-pit of non-league football.

That's all. Not bitter at all. :P

As you can see, we have long memories down Elm Park Madejski way. Apparently we now hate Chelsea cos of the death threats thing. That's nothing - we still ain't forgiven Southampton for their underhand way they chucked us out (protest about trifling matters) of the FA Cup at the Q/F stage in 1897. :D:)

Nice to see a fella enjoying his footy.

Go well OoO.

I always thought when Exeter City were demoted from the Football League in 2003, we would be too big for non league football and we would promoted pretty quickly, but alas the team will be lucky to sneak in to the play offs this year. Last Saturday we got away with a home draw at Kidderminster, a second half penalty that should have won the match was missed.

I used to enjoy the odd local derby with Plymouth Argyle, now we're three divisions adrift of them :(

Guest Guest

More or less the distance Workington currently lag behind Carlisle, but they're clawing their way back. Have faith DDT. Having visited Exeter I'd say you live in a damn good place. Nice little city, great countryside nearby.

YES!

Second from bottom, I wish I could say the only way is up.... but my mate Yazz was always much better at it.

Got in late, only found out Charlton were even playing tonight when I put the TV on to see what happened in the Champion's League. The mighty Les Reed takes us to a new level i.e. he'd not won a game before.

He might not need a very big scrapbook to keep a record of the rest of our victories this season though.

YES!

Second from bottom, I wish I could say the only way is up.... but my mate Yazz was always much better at it.

Got in late, only found out Charlton were even playing tonight when I put the TV on to see what happened in the Champion's League. The mighty Les Reed takes us to a new level i.e. he'd not won a game before.

He might not need a very big scrapbook to keep a record of the rest of our victories this season though.

just found this thread.....

did I mention I was a Dagenham fan ?....there is no doubt we will catch Oxford (who are bottling it big time).....now....excuse me...just need to research any old cancer ridden ex Dagenham players who are famous....

I'm not sure you'll beat Oxford, but given your form the play-offs look a good way in. Carlisle got back up that way and it was great, once we'd won the final. Is your ground fit for the league? It was a bit threadbare when I was there in the Conference season.

I'm not sure you'll beat Oxford, but given your form the play-offs look a good way in. Carlisle got back up that way and it was great, once we'd won the final. Is your ground fit for the league? It was a bit threadbare when I was there in the Conference season.

do you mean Dagenhams ground ?

Capacity is a massive 6000....and its only the away end that is worse than Calcutta....bits of the ground are fairly presentable !

Aye granted, some of it isn't so bad. But it's down the end of a pokey street, access and escape isn't crash hot when you might be facing teams as big as - oooh - well it isn't that long ago Hull and Swansea and the mighty Carlisle trawled the depths of League Two.

I'm guessing you'd know if the ground wasn't league standard. But it's in there with Accrington and Rochdale at best, IMHO.

Don't begrudge yers a league chance mind.

Aye granted, some of it isn't so bad. But it's down the end of a pokey street, access and escape isn't crash hot when you might be facing teams as big as - oooh - well it isn't that long ago Hull and Swansea and the mighty Carlisle trawled the depths of League Two.

I'm guessing you'd know if the ground wasn't league standard. But it's in there with Accrington and Rochdale at best, IMHO.

Don't begrudge yers a league chance mind.

It is up to League standard...though you make a good point re "access and escape" . Any away supporters are completely blocked in with 10 foot high railings at the rear...and potentially tens of Dagenham fans blocking them in at the front. Its well known that lots of Hammers pop down to the ground on alternative saturdays....so shudder to think of the potential carnage if Millwall played there....

Aye, good point. Looking at the current league positions you could have Millwall next August. Doesn't bear thinking about eh?

Aye, good point. Looking at the current league positions you could have Millwall next August. Doesn't bear thinking about eh?

Nip over the border and watch Celtic next season :pop:

Taking on Carlisle Reserves?

I think not Dr H.

Oxford United may break the record for Conference points. They're too good for that level.

So good, they've just lost AGAIN :)