Looks like you got your wish

Not quite, if only Andy bloody diving cheat Johnson had missed. Still, nice to wipe the smirk of Sly Stallone's face - can't say that often about a football game. :P

4 points from Reading in the space of a few weeks... nice :P:):D:D:D:D:D:D

4 points from Reading in the space of a few weeks... nice :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hopefully increased to 7 with a win tomorrow over Colin's rag tag Sheff Utd team. :)

4 points from Reading in the space of a few weeks... nice :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hopefully increased to 7 with a win tomorrow over Colin's rag tag Sheff Utd team. :)

ah.. i meant we took 4 POINTS FROM YOU....

during a game, given global warming maybe this is something we'll see in the UK soonish!

Bloody hell, 1-0 to Charlton, our first away win since October 2005 which was also at Fratton Park.

What with other results going our way today, we can really start to catch up on the teams above us seeing as our next three games are away to Bolton, home to Chelsea and away to Man United. Jings!

No matter. 3 more points, above Everton & Tottenham of all people & the added bonus of seeing Colin sent off for fighting with Wally Downes.

Happy days. :D

No matter. 3 more points, above Everton & Tottenham of all people & the added bonus of seeing Colin sent off for fighting with Wally Downes.

Nice to know that in the modern world of football, there's still room for a Wally!

:D

above everton until tomorrow, when we hammer Wigan 3-0 :D

I hope so, we're already depending on other teams' results to go in our favour, although I think unless 2 teams out of West Ham, Wigan or Sheffield United go into administration, start regularly fielding ineligible players or fail to turn up for a few games we're doomed already.

I suppose we could try winning a few more games, but that seems even more unlikely than the above scenario. I say this after our first away win for 15 months, I expected to feel at least a little bit happier after that but I still can't see anything but Championship football next season. And I doubt we'd come straight back up either.

I hope so, we're already depending on other teams' results to go in our favour, although I think unless 2 teams out of West Ham, Wigan or Sheffield United go into administration, start regularly fielding ineligible players or fail to turn up for a few games we're doomed already.

I suppose we could try winning a few more games, but that seems even more unlikely than the above scenario. I say this after our first away win for 15 months, I expected to feel at least a little bit happier after that but I still can't see anything but Championship football next season. And I doubt we'd come straight back up either.

well its been said before but the Championship is difficult to get out of (it's not, of course, you could just score 200 own goals and go down... :D ) but as for bouncing back up-- could be a difficult one...

Everton had a few close calls over the years and i know for a fact if Barry Horne hadn't scored that goal against Wimbledon.. we would still be down there, probably in League One or Two....

Guest Guest_steve_*
Pidge, maybe we should add the name of Hemel Hempstead Town to that list.

3 managers

70+ players

£100,000 in player’s wages

All in one season, for what? Relegation son.

I predict that you will become the Sheffield Wednesday of the Southern League. Boggins will have a clear out of his very expensive, but talentless players and slip straight back down to the South Mids Premier.

It's been emotional.

Sheffield Wednesday had the best support in the championship last season and by all accounts have a team that can challenge for promotion to the Premiership.

Maybe a more suitable and up to date team to use would be the supersonically quickly dropping Leeds United.

Yeah, but I thought MK Dons, hated by one and all who just don't get it, are more like us. Anyway, if we adopted Leeds I'd struggle to hate them so much when they trotted out at Carlisle next season!

Yeah, but I thought MK Dons, hated by one and all who just don't get it, are more like us. Anyway, if we adopted Leeds I'd struggle to hate them so much when they trotted out at Carlisle next season!

Oh no, plenty of people dislike Leeds United, both for long-standing or current reasons. For reasons going back some 10 years, I shall not mourn at their almost certain relegation this year. I doubt many in Sheffield will either, hence Mr Guest's post. :lol:

Besides MK Dons are on the up, it seems, and could well play Leeds next year.

I can't see any reason why you mentioned Carlisle in reply to that post, MPFC, apart from the obvious.

Dunstable, by the way, are in with a play-off shout.

and try as hard as I might, I can't link this with any death news except an old bloke I know from Dunstable died last week. :banghead:

Not a good day to be a Feyenoord supporter!

Feyenoord launch Uefa ban appeal at CAS. I don't expect much result.

regards,

Hein

Oh no, plenty of people dislike Leeds United, both for long-standing or current reasons. For reasons going back some 10 years, I shall not mourn at their almost certain relegation this year. I doubt many in Sheffield will either, hence Mr Guest's post. :)

Besides MK Dons are on the up, it seems, and could well play Leeds next year.

I can't see any reason why you mentioned Carlisle in reply to that post, MPFC, apart from the obvious.

Dunstable, by the way, are in with a play-off shout.

and try as hard as I might, I can't link this with any death news except an old bloke I know from Dunstable died last week. ;)

Mentioned Carlisle to make the point that I'd become a passable supporter of any DL adopted team but would have a real problem feeling anything for them if and when they lined up against the team that's in my blood. And Leeds look like making an appearance for points at Brunton Park next season.

I don't see why DL would want to adopt a team in free fall, surely one that kind of matches us because they fight an uphill stuggle well and/or wind people up by virtue of their existence (like MK Dons) is more appropriate. A team fighting extinction off and on, like Dunstable or Crawley would also be appropriate, and affordable if we ever decided on an outing. How much is a seat at Dunstable Town?

How much is a seat at Dunstable Town?

£7.50 a game last time I went earlier in the season.

The stuff you can learn on this site.

Indeed, DTFC might be a good DL team, can't knock them prices. Paid fifteen quid to stand and watch Carlisle at Brentford last Saturday, sitting was four quid more. Crap game, I'm guessing Dunstable beat it for entertainment on the day.

Indeed, DTFC might be a good DL team, can't knock them prices. Paid fifteen quid to stand and watch Carlisle at Brentford last Saturday, sitting was four quid more. Crap game, I'm guessing Dunstable beat it for entertainment on the day.

Arguably, debatable but since the DTFC goalkeeper seems to delight in getting sent off often, it adds some spice. Despite all this, they're in a promotion race.

Suppose entertainment for money value is better.

In fact, it's even cheaper for league games - £7. (I went for FA Cup). All the below & lots lots more can be found at the mightily impressive (for a non-league club below the conference certainly:-) website http://www.dunstabletownfc.org.uk/

Admission

Adult £7.00

Concession £4.00

Under 12s £2.00

Season Tickets

Adult £120.00 (works out at £5.00 a game)

Concession £77.00 (works out at £3.50 a game)

Under 12s £44.00 (works out at £2.00 a game)

All prices include free transfer to Main Stand

Compare that to £32 to watch Wigan at Madejski tonight. :party: I love my Reading, but you can't help thinking supporting non-league teams week in, week out is a hell of a lot more rewarding as well as cheaper.

Any Boro fans amongst us? I see their former striker, Colombian Hamilton Ricard, was sent off last night playing for Danubio of Uruguay in the Copa Libertadores:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...798&cc=5739

This comes just a week after he was given a 3 year jail sentence (pending an appeal) for causing the death of a pedestrian in a car accident in 2002:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1998125,00.html

Not a great week for him then!

The Reading FC Machine rolls on... also nice to take 4 points from Liverpool this season... :D EFC

The Reading FC Machine rolls on... also nice to take 4 points from Liverpool this season... ;) EFC

Aye, it's wonderful, truly, truly wonderful, but tinged with incredulity.

6th in the Premier League? 40 points by Feb 3rd? What IS going on?!?!? :D:o:P