Reet on the basis of killing two birds with one spurt of love custard let's get this thread ready for the fallout from Liverpool/AC Milan and ask a question to Halleluyajohntudor.

HJT: Mebbe missed it if you've already explained but.....I'm guessing you're a magpie impressed with Supermac's under-rated and highly effective strike partner. So, do you know what happened to JT after his footy career? There was a rumour that he'd do the same as Alan Shoulder and 'Pop' Robson and finish his career at Carlisle, never happened.

Never mind. Proud of ya, Redmen. Forward to 2008 and onwards with the Rafalution. (Hint - send Zenden and Kewell on their merry way)

That ref did not do Liverpool any favours last night. Fair play to Milan who deserved a break after 2005, but what the hell is he doing ending the match at least 20 seconds early? Not that there'd ever be a last minute goal in a Champions League final or anything. That makes six wins in six for Milan under that ref, and three defeats and a draw in four matches for Liverpool. Some things stop being a coincidence after a while.

Nazi.

Not that it'll merit a ripple of interest from most fans but there's widespread belief in CUFC circles the Peter Murphy will get a run out when the depleted Ireland squad face Bolivia in their next match. The significance being that despite turning down a new contract and probably being about to move to SPL Gretna 'Murph' who has a few weeks of his Carlisle contract to run will become the first player in living memory to play international football whilst on the books at Brunton Park. It's happened once before - Northern Ireland international Eric Welsh being that man in 1967 - well before my time.

An update to the above, 'Murph' played. He'll likely never play for us again, but - pathetic, pointless fixture or not, he is now an international player.

Gazza seriously ill after birthday bash!!

Former England footballer Paul Gascgoine was taken to hospital for emergency surgery after bursting a stomach ulcer on his 40th birthday bash.

Gazza was celebrating with friends at the Marriott Hotel in Gateshead when he suddenly became ill.

It is understood he suffered a suspected perforated stomach ulcer - which causes sudden, sharp, severe pain and usually requires immediate hospitalisation and sometimes surgery.

He was taken to Newcastle General Hospital at around 7pm on Sunday before being transferred to the city's Royal Victoria Infirmary where it is understood he was due to undergo emergency surgery.

Speaking at his home earlier today, Gazza's best friend Jimmy "Five Bellies" Gardner said he had been with Gazza yesterday when he fell ill.

He said: "I was by his side all day yesterday. I'm going to visit him in a couple of hours - I'm not sure what's wrong with him."

On Saturday, Gazza's agent Jane Morgan said he would be celebrating his birthday with friends and family in his hometown.

A friend, Steve Wraith, editor of North East football magazine Players Inc, said: "I haven't seen him recently but I see him every now and again.

"Obviously as a mate I would be concerned if he's ill and I hope he makes a quick recovery."

This was the second visit to hospital in days for the former midfielder, who was in a London hospital last week.

It was reported Gascoigne had complained of chest pains just days after a trip to Dubai and was taken to Barnet General Hospital in North London on Friday and had tests including an ECG heart scan.

But the ex-Newcastle and England midfielder claimed he only went for treatment for burnt feet.

Gazza who has battled with booze for a number of years said he burnt his feet on hot sand in the Gulf resort. Dad John said his son had a "reaction to medication" taken after he burnt his feet.

Gazza who was staying at an £85-a-night motorway services hotel since his holiday told a newspaper: "I wasn't drunk, it's just my feet.

"In Dubai, I stupidly played football on the sand without shoes on and I burnt my feet and now they are really sore."

His agent Jane Morgan said: "Paul categorically denies having any heart palpitations."

Just two years ago, on his 38th birthday, he returned to Tyneside after a fortnight in rehab.

He checked into an American clinic suffering from depression then arrived back home in Gateshead to spend his birthday with family and friends.

Gazza was raised in Gateshead and won the hearts of the Geordie public when he pulled on the black and white shirt at St James' Park.

His career also included spells at Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio, Rangers, Middlesbrough and Everton, and he played 57 times for England.

In 1990 he was the BBC Sports Personality of the Year after bursting into tears on the pitch at the Italia 90 semi-final after receiving a booking which would have seen him suspended for the final had England won.

Since then he has tried his hand at comedy, advertising, fashion, TV presenting, singing and writing. He has also penned a best-selling autobiography.

A DL member (who knows a thing or two about such things :lol: ) was at the Wembley playoff final today and reports that the bogs are "of an excellent standard".

Unlike Derby County or WBA, from what I saw of the match.

Leeds and Ken Bates, you couldn't make this sh*t up. If the creditors vote against him, that could be it.

Yeh yeh, Ken.

I guess on balance, I hope they don't go bust. Having seen an idiot chairman run my beloved club to the brink of extinction, heaping indignity on indignity as he went, the worst being the discovery of club history, programmes, photos etc in a skip, I know how it feels.

Still, now Leeds are down, I hope the first Carlisle home game is them and we stuff 'em for about five in blazing sunshine in front of a capacity crowd.

June 14th for that all important fixture list!

I guess on balance, I hope they don't go bust. Having seen an idiot chairman run my beloved club to the brink of extinction, heaping indignity on indignity as he went, the worst being the discovery of club history, programmes, photos etc in a skip, I know how it feels.

Still, now Leeds are down, I hope the first Carlisle home game is them and we stuff 'em for about five in blazing sunshine in front of a capacity crowd.

Ahem, rumour has it that it's grim up north. Do you really get 90 minutes worth of sunshine in a week, let alone a saturday afternoon? :lol:

Doin' better than the south today. I frequently enjoy a cappucino, sat outside Costa Coffee in Carlisle, baking in the rays before wandering down Warwick Road for an early or late season game.

Chairman jailed. Several others doubtless filling their trousers. Any inside track info DDT could provide would be interesting.

Doin' better than the south today. I frequently enjoy a cappucino, sat outside Costa Coffee in Carlisle, baking in the rays before wandering down Warwick Road for an early or late season game.

As I suspected then, it really is grim - Costa lot for crap Coffee.

Just seen the photos for the England-Brazil match (still going back to basics "sans television"). My eagle eyes spotted that they are wearing black armbands. Has someone died or are they still mourning Bally, even though it was a couple of months ago? Then again I guess it is the first England match since the bonfire incident (cue list of aptly titled songs).

Which leads me onto official mourning schedules - how long is too long?

Just seen the photos for the England-Brazil match (still going back to basics "sans television"). My eagle eyes spotted that they are wearing black armbands. Has someone died or are they still mourning Bally?

It was for Alan Ball, yes.

Either that, or they were mourning Frank Lampard's international career or the fact Steve McLaren is still in charge.

On the subject of the England match, a proud moment for all of us at the Madejski. Now I've been following Reading for a bit, but I'd need to be at least 109 to remember our last international for England. Nicky Shorey had a good, solid game & hopefully will win a few more caps soon. Looked very comfortable tonight.

shorey-v-spurs373.jpg

SHOREY FOR ENGLAND!! ;)

I'll bet you any money that Liverpool will be lumbered with a newly promoted team away, while Man U and Chelsea get easy home starters. I feel it in my blood... ;)

I'll bet you any money that Liverpool will be lumbered with a newly promoted team away, while Man U and Chelsea get easy home starters. I feel it in my blood... :o

TBH I'm not sure if the elevated climes of the Premiershit get their tour dates on the same day as those of us who are still - sometimes - allowed to stand as we watch.

On a different matter, if Dr Hack is around has he any inside track information on the alleged move of Tony Caig from Vancounver Whitecaps and their 12,000+ crowds to - ahem - Gretna?

TBH I'm not sure if the elevated climes of the Premiershit get their tour dates on the same day

Yes we do & it's been the same every year for decades, MPFC. :o

Premiersh*t? A bit of jealousy creeping in there young man? :P

TBH I'm not sure if the elevated climes of the Premiershit get their tour dates on the same day

Yes we do & it's been the same every year for decades, MPFC. :o

Premiersh*t? A bit of jealousy creeping in there young man? :P

The Championship has been the new Premiership for the last two years. And unfortunately so it seems will be so for the unforseeable future.

I am however, not bitter.

Match abandoned in the 89th minute with Denmark and Sweden locked at 3-3 and a penalty about to be taken. Denmark having clawed their way back from 3-0 down.

Wouldn't want to call the ruling on this, Danish fan tried to chin the ref but Danish players made a serious effort to stop it.

Where's this going to end then?

Match abandoned in the 89th minute with Denmark and Sweden locked at 3-3 and a penalty about to be taken. Denmark having clawed their way back from 3-0 down.

Wouldn't want to call the ruling on this, Danish fan tried to chin the ref but Danish players made a serious effort to stop it.

Where's this going to end then?

And here's

of the offence

George Borg, legendary manager of Conference South team Braintree Town FC and former manager of Aldershot, Boreham Wood, Enfield, Hornchurch and Hayes Athletic, has just been given a six month ban for his part in last February's "The Battle Of West Leigh"

The match was between Havant and Waterlooville and Braintree, edited highlights (stolen from NonLeagueNews) include:

"…the visitors’ dressing room treated to a pre-match flooding…thirsty Braintree directors thrown out of the boardroom…one goal apiece midway through a bad-tempered second half…a dubious penalty…a fuming Borg barracks opposition players every time they make a mistake…a fuming Borg barracks the officials every time they do absolutely anything…Havant manager Ian Baird throws an extra ball into the path of Braintree’s Louis Riddle as he races down the wing with the real match ball…Louis promptly stops and boots the ball back into Baird’s face…cue pandemonium…Baird is sent to the stands…Louis is about to be booked but grabs the referee’s cards from his hands which leads to a second booking and a sending off…Borg is himself sent off, the referee forcing him to walk across the pitch to the opposite stand, finally chasing him up the steps to ensure his compliance…Borg uses his new vantage point to launch abuse at the surrounding home fans…10 minutes of rage-fuelled injury time…a disputed post-match incident in which the Braintree dressing room is smashed up…"

I can't imagine that this infamous blower of non-league gaskets will be using the summer to ponder how to repair his psychological combustibility.

Dunno mind, we might just have found an England boss with the passion for the job.

Attention DDT!

Carlisle capture the player who condemned Exeter to another Conference season, Danny Carlton. There's been rumours of this transfer for a couple of years, oddly, with that lot coming up and all, most of us reckoned it wouldn't happen.

Not that I seriously know anything about Football, but I was tuning in to plays of the day and the highlight reel was at it's best - The Mexican commentators go oxygen limited.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Hollerr.