I take the above back, the points and third place are very welcome. Other than Simon Hackney's flowing and assured strike in the 55th minute this was - largely - a forgettable and bad tempered 90 minutes.

We'll never get second to Leeds on that kind of quality.

Forget the Premiershit

It's all happening in League One, Southend chairman arrested!

I've always thought that football grounds are ideal places for engaging in money laundering - all that cash at the turnstile. I'm sure that a few other chairmen do too.

Football, nightclubs, dog racing.....not that many businesses still do such a percentage of their turnover in cash these days. I'd say you might well be onto something there. Doesn't make every chairman bent, mind. But the honest ones must be tempted on a pretty regular basis.

Football, nightclubs, dog racing.....not that many businesses still do such a percentage of their turnover in cash these days. I'd say you might well be onto something there. Doesn't make every chairman bent, mind. But the honest ones must be tempted on a pretty regular basis.

After all the stories we've had about Tennis, Athletics and Formula 1 and all the skullduggery and tempted to agree with Mr Springer's assertion in the Italian Job....

"Camp Freddie, everybody in the World is bent!"

I was not sure where to put this but in case anyone has missed the story, moan or libel?

Can I recommend a little bedtime reading.

I was not sure where to put this but in case anyone has missed the story, moan or libel?

Of course you can Godot. I do have some understanding of what is libel. I just thought that it may be interesting for some members to read, who post on football or other fora. For example, question the accuracy of the announced gate at a game of football, you could be risking legal action, as recently happened on a Hereford United forum.

Of course you can Godot. I do have some understanding of what is libel. I just thought that it may be interesting for some members to read, who post on football or other fora. For example, question the accuracy of the announced gate at a game of football, you could be risking legal action, as recently happened on a Hereford United forum.

I quite agree Dave. I wasn't being sarcastic or aiming that comment at you, more for everyone because people posting here and on other forums need to know what it's about and that book has a good outline, although I suppose there is plenty of material on the web now. I thought the post you made was an important one. Wouldn't like anyone to think I am always taking the piss.

Okay, Orient play this afternoon, we've got Leeds next Saturday, Swansea have a game in hand but.....as of this post this is League One:

P W D L F A Pts GD

1 Carlisle United 13 7 3 3 20 10 24 +10

2 Swansea City 12 7 2 3 22 12 23 +10

3 Tranmere Rovers 13 6 5 2 18 10 23 +8

Okay, Orient play this afternoon, we've got Leeds next Saturday, Swansea have a game in hand but.....as of this post this is League One:

P W D L F A Pts GD

1 Carlisle United 13 7 3 3 20 10 24 +10

2 Swansea City 12 7 2 3 22 12 23 +10

3 Tranmere Rovers 13 6 5 2 18 10 23 +8

MPFC, your excitement in seeing them at the top of the table, so early in the season, reminds me of the Spitting Image, David Coleman sketch, where in a frenzy of excitement he finds that the Athletes still have one more lap to go.

His head explodes.

Will your head explode before the end of the season MPFC? ;)

Highly unlikely considering Leeds' awesome form. Fairly matey banter on the shared train back to London yesterday Southend fans and ourselves already figuring Leeds' champions, Swansea hard to stop for the other place and mucho blood pressure problems for ourselves, Orient, and a few others over the next few months. I'm already watching the relegation zone from the Championship in the hope of Preston coming our way next year.

Highly unlikely considering Leeds' awesome form. Fairly matey banter on the shared train back to London yesterday Southend fans and ourselves already figuring Leeds' champions, Swansea hard to stop for the other place and mucho blood pressure problems for ourselves, Orient, and a few others over the next few months. I'm already watching the relegation zone from the Championship in the hope of Preston coming our way next year.

I used to go and watch Sarfend on a fairly regular basis when I lived up the road. Does the ground still appear to be a very large communal toilet?

You are spot on about Leeds. In fairness, they will deserve promotion if they overcome what should have been a nigh on impossible obstacle.

MPFC, at least Carlisle isnt propping up the Football league this time.

Roots - total f*****g toilet - Hall is little changed, though the plans - now passed - for the new stadium promise a very different Sarfend in future. If I were betting at this stage of the season I'd say Leeds and either Forest or Swansea up automatically and the one of the last two that misses the automatic promotion up via the play-offs.

Plucky Carlisle mind, could lift the JPT or - mebbe - see the play off final, even if we'd be outsiders to win it.

Ebbsfleet taken over by myfootballclub. There's been speculation for a while and it's wall to wall cynicism on the message boards I've read.

Dunno myself. I think the idea of thousands of people online picking the team is stupid. I mean, some guy might score one week and be out on the piss the night before the next game. But once the teething problems are gone this take-over could be a good call. National league, so lots of fans can go when Ebbsfleet play away etc so it's entirely possible they'll take a year to get it together before whizzing past Accrington Stanley, Morecambe and the other powers in League Two.

Went to their ground when Carlisle were down in the Conference, not great.

Ebbsfleet taken over by myfootballclub. There's been speculation for a while and it's wall to wall cynicism on the message boards I've read.

Dunno myself. I think the idea of thousands of people online picking the team is stupid. I mean, some guy might score one week and be out on the piss the night before the next game. But once the teething problems are gone this take-over could be a good call. National league, so lots of fans can go when Ebbsfleet play away etc so it's entirely possible they'll take a year to get it together before whizzing past Accrington Stanley, Morecambe and the other powers in League Two.

Went to their ground when Carlisle were down in the Conference, not great.

Deeply cynicial, MPFC. Can't believe Ebbsfleet went for this, unless there is more to it than meets the eye. It has disaster written all over it. Really can't see it as a sustainable long term successful project. Nice idea in principle, very hard to put into real practise and potentially could ruin Ebbsfleet, I'd rather have a normal supporters trust myself.

Obviously getting beaten 3-1 by Exeter City in the FA Cup has hit them hard.

I think it has short-term disaster, steep learning curve, possible final success written all over it.

You may know more than me but there were six other clubs involved in discussions. I know some of them were ruled out because they were regional. Strong rumours suggest one of those involved was homeless and skint Maidstone United. There was some discussion on one of the message boards I visited about whether some of the bigger Blue Square clubs - like Exeter and Oxford - were involved. Whaddya reckon DDT?

I think it has short-term disaster, steep learning curve, possible final success written all over it.

You may know more than me but there were six other clubs involved in discussions. I know some of them were ruled out because they were regional. Strong rumours suggest one of those involved was homeless and skint Maidstone United. There was some discussion on one of the message boards I visited about whether some of the bigger Blue Square clubs - like Exeter and Oxford - were involved. Whaddya reckon DDT?

I dunno, how many times have you thought you could do better than the current manager of your team :lol: There's certainly Saints fans that wish they could make the decisions reserved for our ever changing manager and board. Talking of which, Burley almost making two years in the job means he is long over due for his P45.

Preston North End obviously think they can do better than their present manager because Paul Simpson is jobless. Some mirth on the Carlisle message board since his sudden departure from us to Preston caused a bit of annoyance. Now, let's beat Stockport tonight for a perfect evening.

I dunno, how many times have you thought you could do better than the current manager of your team :lol: There's certainly Saints fans that wish they could make the decisions reserved for our ever changing manager and board. Talking of which, Burley almost making two years in the job means he is long over due for his P45.

Why, Monkey my sweet, you are soooo cynical!

In saying that, you are, as per usual, correct.

Would you like me to infiltrate the Pompey forum and post some bile on your behalf?

Re. Ebbsfleet first. I don't very often agree with David Sullivan, owner of Birmingham City, but he made some extremely valid points about the whole setup on the BBC.

But to add to that, if things go wrong, are these "fans" culpable for failure? Or do they just switch off their computer? How long do these "fans" have to carry on in this scheme?

It will be a disaster. Well, that's Ebbsfleet no longer a serious rival to the mighty Whites in the Blue Square Premier then...

Disaster for Carlisle tonight - an embarrassing cup defeat to follow on from an equally embarassing cup draw. Maybe they should stick to the league. Not only them, but the "Mighty" Leeds United too... so now could it be the previously much derided (on this thread alone) Morecambe for the cup?

Dunno OoO; I'd say it's odds on a Southern victory given the fact that the Northern winners tonight are all League Two teams. Leeds and ourselves, facing FA Cup replays, didn't exactly take it seriously. Kind of obvious we weren't that interested when Joe - goal machine - Garner started on the bench. Bit misguided IMHO since all four of our appearances in this final have been lucrative, and fun.

Re. Ebbsfleet first. I don't very often agree with David Sullivan, owner of Birmingham City, but he made some extremely valid points about the whole setup on the BBC.

But to add to that, if things go wrong, are these "fans" culpable for failure? Or do they just switch off their computer? How long do these "fans" have to carry on in this scheme?

Exeter certainly weren't involved in any shape or form, MPFC and I know that Northwich Victoria pretty much chose to go in to administration rather than even consider that option.

I feel sorry for true Ebbsfleet followers. This has taken all their fans by total surprise and everyone is against it. The board did not consult anyone and their Trust appears toothless. Another football club treated as a plaything and exposed to the tyranny of speculators - this time 'The Championship Manager' brigade. Football clubs should be cared for and managed with care. I truly can't see the majority of people stumping up £40 on a yearly basis for Ebbsfleet.

Dunno OoO; I'd say it's odds on a Southern victory given the fact that the Northern winners tonight are all League Two teams. Leeds and ourselves, facing FA Cup replays, didn't exactly take it seriously. Kind of obvious we weren't that interested when Joe - goal machine - Garner started on the bench. Bit misguided IMHO since all four of our appearances in this final have been lucrative, and fun.

Not when there's the dream of an FA Cup final on the horizon.....well maybe not. :lol:

Scotland -v- Italy, there is a really palpable feeling of nervousness in Scotland at the moment, excitement yes, but we fear, going by our history, that we we will be glorious losers yet again, if we win it will be our equivalent of winning the World Cup and Scotland will erupt into a frenzy of celebration only seen before at the end of the two World Wars, if we lose well "Wha's like us, gey few, an' their aw' deid', plus it was " 'at diddy Euro Cup anyway, bring on yon World wan, we can dae rat, nae borra'".

We'll still be partying in the streets like VE day only this time with the Italians.