This was my favourite:

One police officer said there was no point in arresting dealers as outsiders would quickly take their place.

I understand the idea: if you have a choice you better stick to the ones you know. It's also easier to collect bribes from known dealers.

Bunch of lazy, shiftless bastards. No wonder we have a drug problem in the town.

They don't even patrol the high street at the weekend any more since a group of drunks tried to turnover a police car with a couple of officers inside.

That sounds like Standard Police Procedure to me. Why risk life and limb Out There while you can be sitting in a warm and safe police station doing paperwork.

regards,

Hein

This was my favourite:

One police officer said there was no point in arresting dealers as outsiders would quickly take their place.

Bunch of lazy, shiftless bastards. No wonder we have a drug problem in the town.

They don't even patrol the high street at the weekend any more since a group of drunks tried to turnover a police car with a couple of officers inside. If you want to commit a crime and get away with it, come to Fraserburgh.

You need to import some Dallas police officers over there, preferably with the SWAT team. Bash in some doors, shoot some people, have some scandals - it actually has had a positive effect in Dallas, and if they can bring a city of more than a million into line imagine what they could do in Fraserburgh. :o

Seriously, though, how many sworn officers does Fraserburgh have? Dallas has 2977, which is one for every 400 citizens. They still need more. Dallas officers are armed to the teeth as well - they carry 9mm or .357 handguns on their persons and shotguns in their cars. Tactical officers (the ones who actually break into the drug dens) carry fully automatic weapons - they look like terrorists themselves. Every officer wears a bullet proof vest. They drive Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors which are big, heavy cars with no speed governor.

I suspect that if a group of drunks tried to turn over a Dallas Police car with an officer in it someone would get shot.

The suburb I live in - Lewisville - has 130 sworn officers for a population of around 70K. Our crime rate isn't near what Dallas' is, and contrary to popular belief the criminals haven't migrated to Lewisville when the Dallas Police Department cracks down. That may be because the Lewisville Police Department has a reputation of being a bunch of hard asses. I know they don't take too many teenage shenanigans lightly. We have some drug problems, sure, but our police department keeps them pretty well contained.

Crime and punishment is serious business in Texas. Our police departments aren't run by liberals too often. :lol:

Carol Ann, this is Fraserburgh's answer to the SWAT team:

fraserburgh_1.jpg

Community wardens.

They are useless as well. They have very little power and basically get made a fool of.

Carol Ann, this is Fraserburgh's answer to the SWAT team:

fraserburgh_1.jpg

Community wardens.

They are useless as well. They have very little power and basically get made a fool of.

You couldn't make that up. The first one looks particularly gormless.

Are they smackheads on the quiet as well?

fraserburgh_1.jpg

Community wardens.

Ah! These must be the aforementioned Fraserburg Cornerlurkers. They look just the ticket for a bit of lurking.

fraserburgh_1.jpg

Community wardens.

That girl on the right looks pretty dangerous.

:rolleyes:

fraserburgh_1.jpg

Community wardens.

That girl on the right looks pretty dangerous.

:rolleyes:

I once shared a flat with someone called Gillian Strachan. Can't be her though, the one I knew wasn't at all dangerous, she didn't wear a yellow vest thingy either.

I have a feeling our tourism sector is going to suffer this year.

We've made the beeb.

We've made the beeb.

The only time I have ever been to Fraserburgh was as a tourist.

It wasn't that bad. I can recommend the Lighthouse Museum.

Oh, it's a lighthouse is it, I just saw this huge white thing sticking up and thought it was a massive syringe, like a monument to the town's fame, or summat.

We've made the beeb.

20% - and that sounds like it's even before they start counting the teenagers. *sigh* That's a long road to haul.

We've made the beeb.

I wonder if this is why we have so many people from Fraserburgh with off-shore accounts.

Didn't Dennis Nilsen (murderer) come from Fraserburgh?

Strichen, Aberdeenshire for Dennis Nilsen, according to the always-reliable Wiki.

He grew up in Fraserburgh. My Grandmother recalled him being pushed about in a pram.

His house is still here. No blue plaque though...

Strichen, Aberdeenshire for Dennis Nilsen, according to the always-reliable Wiki.

He grew up in Fraserburgh. My Grandmother recalled him being pushed about in a pram.

Was it in Marconi Road?

Was it in Marconi Road?

It could well have been. At the time my Grandma lived at Watermill Road which is basically right beside Marconi. Those houses are just about to be pulled down - so if it was their, that's one less tourist attraction for Fraserburgh.

Maybe it was there but got nicked. I hear there's a lot of that going around in Fraserburgh at the moment. Probably sold on to pay the community wardens to "look the other way" whilst all the drug deals are going down.

Maybe it was there but got nicked. I hear there's a lot of that going around in Fraserburgh at the moment. Probably sold on to pay the community wardens to "look the other way" whilst all the drug deals are going down.

A year or so ago, someone stole the Saltoun's chain.

He'd probably be pissed off were he not dead. I was fizzing though.

The Editor of the Fraserburgh Herald was frontpage news on the 'Press and Journal' today. He has been banned from Tesco's for life for shoplifting. He is accused of stealing a 6 pack of lager.

He was at one of those self service paying machine things and he said he only had a fiver in his pocket so when to his car for the extra however many pence he owed. Lying bastard...

I once went to look at a flat in North London with a view to buying it, and, fair play to an estate agent for once, he did actually bring up the fact that, yes, it was the flat that Nilsen lived and 'worked' in. As I said at the time, it probably had the cleanest drains in london. A bit pokey though.

I once went to look at a flat in North London with a view to buying it, and, fair play to an estate agent for once, he did actually bring up the fact that, yes, it was the flat that Nilsen lived and 'worked' in. As I said at the time, it probably had the cleanest drains in london. A bit pokey though.

Was the price lower or higher because of its "history"? I would've bought it & opened it to the public.

Was the price lower or higher because of its "history"? I would've bought it & opened it to the public.

Is Wikipedia right about him being eligible for release next year?