The dead include his twin brother and the solicitor who represented him in a losing court appearance yesterday, so it's not totally random and some of the pieces are coming together.

Strange stuff.

Shooting the sollicitor I understand. One might even make the case for a law that gives everyone who hires a sollicitor gets the right to shoot him/her when he/she loses the case. That would justify the sollicitor's rate.

Shooting a relative over what appears to be an inheritance case doesn't make sense. I don't know UK law in this respect, but under Dutch law such an action would disqualify the heir. Shooting colleagues and unknwon bystanders makes even less sense.

regards,

Hein

They seem to have gone back on the earlier report that one of the victims was his mother. Bit of a shocker.

Television news tonight playing the shock and horror angle but......

The dead include his twin brother and the solicitor who represented him in a losing court appearance yesterday, so it's not totally random and some of the pieces are coming together.

Ah, back to good old family values under call me Dave. Didn't the Hungerford chap kill his mother? Never would have happened under Labour. [/tongue cheek etc.]

David Cameron is said to be planning a visit to Cumbria to pay his respects. This will be one of those times where he is in the right place, but sadly at the wrong time.

BTW - this wouldn't have happened under Labour:

Hungerford - 1987 - Thatcher.

Dumblane - 1996 - Major.

Cumbria - 2010 - Cameron.

What is it about Tory Prime Ministers that push people over the edge...

Strange stuff.

Shooting the sollicitor I understand. One might even make the case for a law that gives everyone who hires a sollicitor gets the right to shoot him/her when he/she loses the case. That would justify the sollicitor's rate.

Shooting a relative over what appears to be an inheritance case doesn't make sense. I don't know UK law in this respect, but under Dutch law such an action would disqualify the heir. Shooting colleagues and unknwon bystanders makes even less sense.

regards,

Hein

He seems to have disqualified himself.

Strange stuff.

regards,

Hein

He seems to have disqualified himself.

He wasn't even the natural heir as he has an older brother who he decided not to shoot.

Also, his mother is not dead yet (although aged 90 and said to be ailing (see her next year on mfpc's DDP :birthday2:)), so surely instead of killing people he could have forced her to change the will...

So where's MPFC today with his DL exclusive? Or is he too busy selling second-hand bunches of flowers from the back of his van?

Derrick Bird is a new entry at number 23 on the All Time Greatest Spree Killers By Number Of Victims Charts! Congratulations Derrick! I would have thought that in the history of mankind, someone might have been able to kill more than 61 people in one go. The record held by Woo Bum-kon is very impressive, but I still think someone with the right weaponry, attitude, focus and sense of injustice, stood in Oxford Street during the busy Christmas shoppping period could polish off a lot more than that.

Spree killings are generally a strange old business, it can be hard to make sense of the senselessness of it all. They're so rare in the UK, though. I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often here - someone different having their 'Falling Down' moment and completely losing the plot every other week.

Derrick Bird is a new entry at number 23 on the All Time Greatest Spree Killers By Number Of Victims Charts! Congratulations Derrick! I would have thought that in the history of mankind, someone might have been able to kill more than 61 people in one go. The record held by Woo Bum-kon is very impressive, but I still think someone with the right weaponry, attitude, focus and sense of injustice, stood in Oxford Street during the busy Christmas shoppping period could polish off a lot more than that.

Spree killings are generally a strange old business, it can be hard to make sense of the senselessness of it all. They're so rare in the UK, though. I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often here - someone different having their 'Falling Down' moment and completely losing the plot every other week.

Oh god, don't tempt me. Golf Sale Guy, End of the World Sandwich Board Bloke, Essex Tourist, Singer from Forgotten Britpop Band, Richard Branson if I'm lucky ...

Hey, just kidding of course, Dark Lords of Authority who may be looking in. I wouldn't even know how to load one.

This is more my style.

It's kicking off in genteel Ealing tonight by all accounts. The bounders have even looted Z-lister Adrian Mills's restaurant. As I'm not feeling particularly brave or stupid I think I'll give my Kate Adie impression a miss and go to bed.

If it all gets too much for you, you could always take a short break to Fraserburgh.

We don't really have any decent hotels left these days, but we do have a caravan park...

It's kicking off in genteel Ealing tonight by all accounts. The bounders have even looted Z-lister Adrian Mills's restaurant. As I'm not feeling particularly brave or stupid I think I'll give my Kate Adie impression a miss and go to bed.

If it all gets too much for you, you could always take a short break to Fraserburgh.

We don't really have any decent hotels left these days, but we do have a caravan park...

This morning I've been for a walk to see the devastation for myself. There are still hundreds of dead-eyed feral chancers roaming the streets, intent on grabbing anything they can without a thought for the decent folk of the parish. But that's enough about the TV crews and photographers.

This morning I've been for a walk to see the devastation for myself. There are still hundreds of dead-eyed feral chancers roaming the streets, intent on grabbing anything they can without a thought for the decent folk of the parish. But that's enough about the TV crews and photographers.

I have reason to believe these riots are run by the FA, so England won't have to play their fixture against the Netherlands tomorrow.

regards,

Hein

After 23 partially glorious years in the Smoke I'm going to be getting my shit together in the Kent countryside with just the pikey massive for company. So I'll be neighbours with that Welshman fellow and, of course, the DL's most prolific poster. No more Josh Rouse at the Union Chapel, just Colon at the Pig & Entrails. No more Ealing riots, just jalopy racing at the Mid-Kent Autograss. I've ordered a tractor from IKEA, to be delivered in May 2014.

If you don't hear from me, you may assume broadband hasn't reached Bladbean yet.

Oh, and get orf moi laaand.

• Like 1

Are you sure you wouldn't rather come to Dallas?

Tarry awhile and be friendly Harry... A few more moves in this direction and my dream of a DLCon at the Flying Saucer pub may yet become reality!

Tarry awhile and be friendly Harry... A few more moves in this direction and my dream of a DLCon at the Flying Saucer pub may yet become reality!

DL Con has already done The Flying Saucer, our SatNav was a bit off and we ended up in this one though ^_^ .

Aye, mebbe I'll meet thee or summat. Looking a bit rainy. Paul the Postie coming along?

flyingsaucerhempstead.jpg

Originally from next to the Mull of Kintyre in Argyll, Scotland, I am now up in Wester Ross. I like it, the wildlife is fantastic, plenty of seals, sea eagles, skuas, and just on the other side of the wee isle where I work, oodles of porps, dolphins and even Orcas this summer. Unfortunatly they rarely come round my side.........

546006_10151155148923545_913386182_n.jpg

^^^^^

Minke whales from earlier this week.....taken from a wee tourist ship that dots around the Summer Isles..

Aye, mebbe I'll meet thee or summat. Looking a bit rainy. Paul the Postie coming along?

flyingsaucerhempstead.jpg

Paul has retired (hence his absence from the 2012 Deathrace) and begun to suffer some serious ill-health, not good and he was a shadow of his formerly robust self when I last saw him dropping his missus off at work a few months ago. She's gone now and I did hear a rumour of retirement for the pair in East Anglia (or Angula as Jade Goody had it). I miss him, not least because I was impressed that his mates thought to use North Irish connections and get the name of the woman suffering from rabies a couple of years back to and make a stunning start to the Deathrace. I know someone who lives very close to The Flying Saucer, though I've never set foot in there myself. Is it any good?

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/inyourtown/trowbridgenews/10059253.Trowbridge_stabbing_victim_named/

Another murder in my town today. I actually used to work in this very building before they turned it into flats, and would go through those doors every morning at 830 - and out again at 840 for a fag.