Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

Thanks people - I'm sure it will be fine and  I suppose everyone will be on high alert and extra vigilant at the mo. Also going to Robbie Williams in two weeks and Guns n Roses in London the week after that.  I will not be beaten! 

• Like 3

In other news Hawkwind were predicatbly cosmic last week and 75 year old Dave Brock will probably last as long as did Catweazle

• Like 2

You'll be delighted to hear I didn't get bombed :) good enough show, lots of new stuff though which I suppose I should have expected but a few more old classics would have been fun. But sadly nothing now is going to even come close to the Foo Fighters at the Cheese and Grain.  The Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff is a good smallish venue but all standing on the ground floor so shorties like me have to rely on the screens and the organisation of the bar queues was a bit rubbish. Also don't go in the bar across the road. A lemonade, a white wine, 2 pints and a Baileys = TWENTY NINE FUCKING QUID 

• Like 2

Glad you are safe LB. Much of an armed presence?

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Glad you are safe LB. Much of an armed presence?

I'm sure there probably was however we only noticed a few uniformed police and some in civvies mingling in the crowd outside, but not a hugely obvious presence. Everyone  was really relaxed and upbeat. 

ETA I've now seen pictures of armed police outside the venue but we never saw them at the time. Too busy crying at the bar bill, obviously! 

• Like 3

Saw Robbie Williams at St Mary's Stadium in Southampton last night. He was on good form, lots of old favourites and banter as you would expect, he's looking a bit jowly but he's got a slipped disc or something so maybe he's on steroids? Nice little George Michael tribute and an emotional end.  Erasure supported who were great, despite being about 104 Andy Bell can still hold a tune and the many many old ladies in the crowd loved him. Used a park and ride at the university which was well organised and easy to get to. Food and drink prices ridiculous as ever and we got homemade sandwiches confiscated! And nowhere near enough bogs. At the end my back teeth were floating, finally found some loos with a queue slightly shorter than the Great Wall of China, and took the best piss of my life  :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Saw Robbie Williams at St Mary's Stadium in Southampton last night. He was on good form, lots of old favourites and banter as you would expect, he's looking a bit jowly but he's got a slipped disc or something so maybe he's on steroids? Nice little George Michael tribute and an emotional end.  Erasure supported who were great, despite being about 104 Andy Bell can still hold a tune and the many many old ladies in the crowd loved him. Used a park and ride at the university which was well organised and easy to get to. Food and drink prices ridiculous as ever and we got homemade sandwiches confiscated! And nowhere near enough bogs. At the end my back teeth were floating, finally found some loos with a queue slightly shorter than the Great Wall of China, and took the best piss of my life  :)

Did he go and suck a few dicks in the toilets then?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Did he go and suck a few dicks in the toilets then?

Nah - he went outside ;)

• Like 2

Not without applying his hand sanitiser.

• Like 1

Not a musical one, but I'm off to see Penn and Teller on Friday.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Not a musical one, but I'm off to see Penn and Teller on Friday.

Remo & Zooty.

15 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Remo & Zooty.

Unlikely to be going now, just out the hospital after an "episode". I've to rest up.

I'm away to see Guns N Roses tomorrow. Buzzing because I'm not driving for a change! 

33 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I'm away to see Guns N Roses tomorrow. Buzzing because I'm not driving for a change! 

Enjoy!  Was the parking info of any use, or is it not your problem now :D

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Unlikely to be going now, just out the hospital after an "episode". I've to rest up.

Shame. Hope all is OK. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Enjoy!  Was the parking info of any use, or is it not your problem now :D

Both! It was handy thank you, but apparently it is sorted so I'm just gonna chill on out in the back and get mangled :D

• Like 1

Fucking awesome, but more on that tomorrow as I've only just got in! Goodnight! 

Went to see Sir Elton John last week at Ewood Park, Blackburn, on for 2 hours, all done by 9 O'Clock which I thought was way too early, but then realised he probably wanted to get home for the kids bedtimes! 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2017 at 08:11, dirtracer18 said:

Going to see ZZ Top this October!

They're closing Ramblin' Man in Maidstone in July - so I'll see them myself there

saw Haley Reinhart at O2 Islington a week or so back. Great performance doing her own stuff and a few covers with funk, jazz, rock and ballads all thrown in. Really impressed.

Someone else who has worked with PMJ, Morgan James, has announced a few small venue UK/europe gigs later this year. We'll worth a look if you like great female singers. Check out Sledghammer or Dream on versions on YouTube 

Dunno about anyone else but the post above prompted me to point out I go to a fair few local gigs in my local area and increasingly rate the quality of some of what I see. Given that there's Soundcloud, Bandcamp and a load of other lesser platforms you can often find people playing to small houses with some decent recordings out there. There's one promoter - Paul Dunton - in my area who has over 400 acts on his books and puts up about three gigs a week with a few extras on a semi-regular basis; most of which have four or five acts on a single show. Off to one of his bills tomorrow.

I'm working the merch table tonight for Body / Head, which is the "experimental" guitar duo of Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth, Free Kitten) and Bill Nace.

My kids took me to the Back to the 50's show at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds to see Robby Vee ( oldest son of Bobby Vee) & His Rock & Roll Caravan. I took my daughter up to the merch table to see if she wanted to buy anything during the interval and Robby's guitarist noticed me and led me and my daughter backstage to meet with Robby and the rest of the band. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phantom said:

My kids took me to the Back to the 50's show at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds to see Robby Vee ( oldest son of Bobby Vee) & His Rock & Roll Caravan. I took my daughter up to the merch table to see if she wanted to buy anything during the interval and Robby's guitarist noticed me and led me and my daughter backstage to meet with Robby and the rest of the band. 

Re the kids and that

Sean Lennon

James Paul McCartney

Dhani Harrison and

Zak Starkey

Would genuinely make a decent band - though given Zak's considerable thwack they'd probs sound more like The Who than their dads did

• Like 2