Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

Don't know how long this will stay up, but it's the whole gig

• Like 2

Just booked for Hawkwind - unrepentent hippie twaddle of the highest order and form studying for dead pools - can't wait

• Like 3

Seeing The Stranglers on Tuesday.  Again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toast said:

Seeing The Stranglers on Tuesday.  Again.

Is Hugh Cornwell back with them?

1 hour ago, rockhopper penguin said:

Is Hugh Cornwell back with them?

No, why do you ask?  Baz Warne has now been in the band for longer than Hugh was.

9 hours ago, Toast said:

No, why do you ask?  Baz Warne has now been in the band for longer than Hugh was.

Haven't been following them for years so just wondered. First saw them in 1976.

Just now, rockhopper penguin said:

Haven't been following them for years so just wondered. First saw them in 1976.

Seen them plenty myself recently and they don't miss Hugh at all

• Like 1

Went to see "Us The Duo" in Manchester. Not quite my taste, but pretty good. Had meet and greet V.I.P tickets. Pretty much down to earth, really nice people. V.I.P ticket autographed and a free 5 song CD.  Crowd of about 200 people made it a bit more intimate. They were brilliant with their fans, new and old.  They're in stereo Glasgow on Sunday (tonight) night. Might be worth going to see YW & MSC. 

Thanks for the thought, PB, but OldWillz makes a fine Sunday Dinner of an evening and as he makes an effort for me which he doesn't have to do, my Sundays are unavailable (unless it's the afternoon, or 10 at night of course).

I question sometimes whether I'm a bit old for that sort of thing these days...

The Stranglers, absolutely brilliant gig again.  I'm not a dedicated fan, just a "greatest hits" sort, but they have so many terrific tunes in their huge back catalogue that every time brings different delights.  Not to be missed. 

Next gig - John Otway :D

• Like 1

Saw Russell Howard last night at the Genting Arena in Birmingham.  Very funny.  Now I've been to many a gig at that venue, mostly rock bands, I've seen people pissed up, passed out, rough as fuck, venue trashed, but I've never seen anyone kicked out for fist fighting - until last night. At a RUSSELL HOWARD show.  Most amusing! 

• Like 1

Saw John Otway last night at a small venue near home.  John is proud to be known as "Rock & Roll's Greatest Failure". 

Do catch one of his gigs if he passes your way, you will have a good laugh and hear some decent music too as he has a really good tight band. 

He is bonkers, mind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toast said:

Saw John Otway last night at a small venue near home.  John is proud to be known as "Rock & Roll's Greatest Failure". 

Do catch one of his gigs if he passes your way, you will have a good laugh and hear some decent music too as he has a really good tight band. 

He is bonkers, mind.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen him over the years - even the Voice of Young Maryport has seen him a couple of times.

Incidentally, speaking of notable eccentrics - I see the Happy Mondays have a national tour coming at the back end of the year. Might well check that you

For those who've never seen this spectacularly chaotic performance ....

Willy Barrett's flared jeans - awesome!

29 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Willy Barrett's flared jeans - awesome!

i think John's still wearing the same clothes ....

Going to see Iron Maiden tomorrow in Cardiff, must admit I'm feeling a little twitchy.

37 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Going to see Iron Maiden tomorrow in Cardiff, must admit I'm feeling a little twitchy.

The good news is that these attacks are very rare, so highly unlikely for another one to happen so soon. But yeah I'd be worried if I was going to a gig soon. 

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

It's natural to be a bit jumpy, but I suspect they'll be taking no chances. Once things get going I expect you'll forget all about it 

Iron Maiden? Fantastic. Enjoy that.

Speaking as someone who lived through a (very low-key) attack* once, these things can happen anywhere and everywhere, and if you stop to worry about it you can go mad.

*So low-key, in fact, that the references to it on the BBC and other websites appear to have been deleted, which surprises.

31 minutes ago, msc said:

Iron Maiden? Fantastic. Enjoy that.

Speaking as someone who lived through a (very low-key) attack* once, these things can happen anywhere and everywhere, and if you stop to worry about it you can go mad.

*So low-key, in fact, that the references to it on the BBC and other websites appear to have been deleted, which surprises.

Out of interest what hapenned? 

14 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Out of interest what hapenned? 

Gist: lone wolf with gun, and homemade device. It failed to go off, so he set a neighbours flat on fire (with them inside), shot others. Tried to break into ours with gun, and a few other flats. Armed police response, plus shitloads of fire trucks. Small contretemps with police then ended when he shot himself.

Best bit? Next day, checked on next door neighbour, as quite old and frail. Had slept through the entire thing, including parts of the tenement block being on fire!

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Gist: lone wolf with gun, and homemade device. It failed to go off, so he set a neighbours flat on fire (with them inside), shot others. Tried to break into ours with gun, and a few other flats. Armed police response, plus shitloads of fire trucks. Small contretemps with police then ended when he shot himself.

Best bit? Next day, checked on next door neighbour, as quite old and frail. Had slept through the entire thing, including parts of the tenement block being on fire!

It's amazing what some people can sleep through. Yet I get woken up by the feintest chatting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Stay safe LB .

• Like 1