Ah found Room 101.

Got something for it:

RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) which has just reared its ugly head again

People that post in foreign languages (muppets)

Waarom?

Adults who read Harry Potter books. With the 'Grown-Up' covers. On the tube.

I think I may have to start carrying a copy of 'The Hungry Caterpillar' to offer them if they finish.

Adults who read Harry Potter books. With the original covers. On the tube.

Waarom?

Omdat verdomme (?)

Edit - And I'll quite happily admit to reading Harry Potter and that I cried when Snape died. You are just grumpy bitter old men :D

Omdat verdomme (?)

Oh ok. I usually just post in Dutch on Dutch boards anyway.

Edit - And I'll quite happily admit to reading Harry Potter and that I cried when Snape died. You are just grumpy bitter old men :D

Me too. Well I didn't cry... but I do read them and I enjoy them (otherwise I wouldn't waste my time reading them would I?). With the original covers (except one, there was just the 'adult' cover left). And I don't do public transport as a general rule. I drive. Not while reading I must add.

Ok going to read something 'grown up' now.

Guest Einstein

I'm going to try to put this thread into Room Lovely while simultaneously putting Lovely into here. Apologies if this experiment signals the end of the deathlist and the universe.

I'm going to try to put this thread into Room Lovely while simultaneously putting Lovely into here. Apologies if this experiment signals the end of the deathlist and the universe.

Why did you have to go and do that for, now see what you've done ! It's getting all dark, the birds have stopped singing, it's getting cold, honestly, some people!

Expecto Patronum!!

I don't understand why you though that would have created a paradox. You saying you love this hate thread and you hate the love thread isn't a paradox at all.

Now, if you'd have gone and put both threads in each, or the same thread in both, then the universe probability matrix would have blown a gasket or something. But, thank-The-Gods-of-all-things-Pasta, nought came of your evil plan. I have since fixed up the universe probability matrix to account for this occurrence and it won't be a problem.

It's amazing what you can do as a Mod. Which kind of makes me wonder what the Admins can do...

Waarom?

A Scottish worm methinks, either that or an Australian fart.

I don't understand why you though that would have created a paradox. You saying you love this hate thread and you hate the love thread isn't a paradox at all.

Now, if you'd have gone and put both threads in each, or the same thread in both, then the universe probability matrix would have blown a gasket or something. But, thank-The-Gods-of-all-things-Pasta, nought came of your evil plan. I have since fixed up the universe probability matrix to account for this occurrence and it won't be a problem.

It's amazing what you can do as a Mod. Which kind of makes me wonder what the Admins can do...

That is far too deep, even for this forum. :D

Ok, I will revise that, its too deep for me, wot wiv me bein a Sun reedaa an all that.

Another controversial one perhaps. Wallace and Grommitt, can someone please explain the appeal of these? I just don't get it

Another controversial one perhaps. Wallace and Grommitt, can someone please explain the appeal of these? I just don't get it

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who doesn't get it when it comes to these two. And then there's Dr. Who as well...

29henman.jpg

That looks suspiciously like the Union Flag painted on an Orangutan.

People in the streets wanting to get your money for some sort of dodgy charity.

People in the streets wanting your opinion on something you don't care about.

People trying to sell you stuff from the Dead Sea, if it worked, that sea would NOT be dead (and your hands smell like a bleeding candy shop for hours after).

People who leave their empty coca cola tins right next to you while there's a dustbin three steps away.

People with their trousers so far down you can see their pants or knickers or even worse 'invisible' thongs.

People in general I suppose....

*Goes into misanthropic mode*

What??? Controversial??? I'll say. Firstly there's the spelling of Gromit which I can overlook. But since you ask for an explanation of their appeal I will do my best. Really it's the same sort of appeal as the Isle of Man - it harks back to a gentler age.

It's about the detail - just look at it - the bone wallpaper, Wallace's clothes, the love of cheese and crackers, not any crackers, but Jacobs Cream Crackers. It's a satire on the modern world and it's obsession with technology. It's a social commentary tinged with nostalgia for the things of Nick Park's northern childhood: knitted tea cosies, egg soldiers, jam, alarm clocks, slippers, leather footballs, striped pyjamas, string vests.

There are many scenes in the films that pay homage to other great films and cartoons. Chicken Run refers to just about every wartime escape film ever made. The model train scene in The Wrong Trousers is very similar to one played out in one of the Tom and Jerry cartoons.

There are priceless moments such as the scene where Feathers McGraw, the penguin villain in The Wrong Trousers, takes off the rubber glove that is is his chicken disguise and Wallace says: "It's you."

It's well worth registering on the W&G website where they have some very brief films in the "Cracking" series I haven't seen before. I would recommend Shopper 13, a parody of Appollo 13 played out with an automatic shopping trolley on a cheese mission, including the line: "Gromit, we have a problem." Another line: "The Edam is stranded" is a play on "The Eagle has landed."

Ah well, as Wallace might say: "Not everyone's cup of tea Gromit."

I hope this isn't declared to be an 'incredibly pompous post' but, having already dumped the Special Archives Library into Room 101, I'd like to put the rest of the University of Aberdeen in with it!

Let me explain. At the start of every year, returning students have to register and update ID cards etc. For me this process should have ended on 20th September. It is supposed to be a process which takes 48 hours at most - but not for me.

First my problem came when the library systems deemed my ID card to be invalid.

Then I discovered that my Student Portal (which tells me about my timetable as well as confirming my courses), had not been updated.

Thirdly, I found that that my WebCT service has not been registered. By the way, WebCT is a database on which students can pick up essential documents for tutorial discussion. For two weeks I've had to go crying back to the course coordinater to ask for handouts.

Fourthly, I am still not on the class register for my politics course.

Put all this and what does it tell you? Well it tells me that, as far as the University of Aberdeen is concerned, I'm not a valid student.

The University of Aberdeen has the organisational skills of a junkie going cold turkey!

On a serious note, I'm beginning to get worried.

... I'd like to put the rest of the University of Aberdeen in with it! Let me explain ... students have to register and update ID cards etc. For me this process should have ended on 20th September. It is supposed to be a process which takes 48 hours at most - but not for me. ... the library systems deemed my ID card to be invalid ... I discovered that my Student Portal (which tells me about my timetable as well as confirming my courses), had not been updated. ... I found that that my WebCT service has not been ... coordinater ... I am still not on the class register for my politics course.

Put all this and what does it tell you?

It tells me that the University of Aberdeen simply don't value your continued presence, and that they're doing their level best to consign you to their Room 101.

Given that this entire story was about my experience and my actions would you care to rewrite it for the benefit of the forum?

Given that this entire story was about my experience and my actions would you care to rewrite it for the benefit of the forum?

Not really. I've got a lot on my plate today, and simply can't fit any more tasks into my fil-o-fax. I thought you did quite well enough on your own, although it would have been nice if you'd "named and shamed" the corrupt officials who seem determined to thwart your educational aspirations.

I hope this isn't declared to be an 'incredibly pompous post' but, having already dumped the Special Archives Library into Room 101, I'd like to put the rest of the University of Aberdeen in with it!

Let me explain. At the start of every year, returning students have to register and update ID cards etc. For me this process should have ended on 20th September. It is supposed to be a process which takes 48 hours at most - but not for me.

First my problem came when the library systems deemed my ID card to be invalid.

Then I discovered that my Student Portal (which tells me about my timetable as well as confirming my courses), had not been updated.

Thirdly, I found that that my WebCT service has not been registered. By the way, WebCT is a database on which students can pick up essential documents for tutorial discussion. For two weeks I've had to go crying back to the course coordinater to ask for handouts.

Fourthly, I am still not on the class register for my politics course.

Put all this and what does it tell you? Well it tells me that, as far as the University of Aberdeen is concerned, I'm not a valid student.

The University of Aberdeen has the organisational skills of a junkie going cold turkey!

On a serious note, I'm beginning to get worried.

Same problems at the Uni where I work. There are all-singing and dancing databases that automate a lot of formerly manual processes and connect enrolment, WebCT access, library membership etc etc. Most of the time they are a great time-saver but if there's an error it proliferates. Ours recently kept putting some students for 07-8 back into the cycle for 06-07. When they look in the right place they don't exist.

I expect that last year people were looking for you at the Politics seminars for the year ahead of you. This would be because you had been looped back in from the future. By the end of 06-7 academic year you would have been recorded as 0% and fail withdraw. Sorry Windsor you are already a drop-out. On the plus side some pretty nasty things may have happened to your future self that you didn't experience. Now back yer bags and go, laddie.