Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Ferenc Puskas

Be funny, like, if his number of caps for deadpool teams exceeded his international footie caps. He's been courting some kind of collapse for a while since he's packing some serious pork and has been for a while but was still prone to rapid sprints and shimmies in charity games well into his late fifties.

Puskas isn't even listed on NNDB, useless pile of Americentric shite really. :banghead:

Guest Guest

There should be a way to add bigger or animated avatars on the forum... why isn't there? heh

Cos it's the quality of the fulminating and frequently spunky ejaculations that really matters.

Couldn't you set an avatar up on You Tube and keep posting a link, assuming - like - you ever come back here.

There should be a way to add bigger or animated avatars on the forum... why isn't there? heh

Ever heard of Feng Shui, my anonymous friend?

Puskas isn't even listed on NNDB, useless pile of Americentric shite really. :banghead:

And not just Americentric but USentertainment-centric.

For the RDP, I wanted to select Phil Hill, an AMERICAN motor racing WORLD CHAMPION. But he wasn't on there. Daniel Smith, son of Anne Nicole was.

Says it all, really.

No news, but I found this topic about our hero on a sports forum. I wonder who's paying his hospital bill now.

regards,

Hein

Ex-footballers are sadly prone to Alzheimers - Danny Blanchflower, Bob Paisley, and John Charles to name just three. Something to do with frequent, minor brain jarring from heading the ball, I'd expect.

One of Puskas's teammates from the famous 50s side (can't remember which one) was also a long term hospital case in his later years too. Though he was compos mentis enough to emerge from his bed and throw himself to a quick death via a window.

This article gives quite some further information about his present health.

"....According to municipal regulations [in Budapest], streets can only be named after a person at least 25 years after their death. But it seems the wheels are in motion to make this case an exception...."

fingers crossed he can hold on till the end of the year as he's top of my list for next year in the sweepstakes

I disagree.

regards,

Hein

Me too.

... and me ...

noooooo don't say that!! he's got to hold on until the end of the year. Otherwise he'll be the 8th one in a month that I've got pencilled in for next year to have died

Beat me to it young man.

Well, this is a truly sad day for football - one of THE very greats. But the man was so ill in his last years, you can't help feeling this is a release rather than a tragedy. The tragedy was he was so ill, I suppose.

:party:

Anyway, points in the CPDP & DDP. Would've been points in the RDP but he's not "famous enough" for their requirements. :rolleyes:

Cobblers!

He was in my provisional DDP list too..

Maybe the DL should have a permanent slot for a legendary footballer in the list.

Ah well, out Puskas, in Waters I suppose.... :rolleyes:

A football legend dies. He had already retired when I started watching the game, but commentators used words like "Puskas-like" as highest praise for what other footballers did on the field. Also, five DDP points is nothing to sneeze at.

Pneumonia once more proves to be the Old Man's Friend.

Ferenc Puskas

Was the best of his age class

Although his own memory went rotten

His football will not be forgotten

respectfully,

Hein