Sign in to follow this  
Magere Hein

Number 14?

The number 14 poll  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been consistently wrong in these polls and I don't want to spoil such a perfect record, so my guess is Alfredo di Stefano.

regards,

Hein

Everytime I've said there will be no more hits, there have been, so I'm not changing my tactics.. :)

I still reckon Pinter might do what's he's been threatening to do all year. Mind you, then my 2007 DDP entry really will be buggered seeing as my reserve has already been promoted to fully-fledged candidate due to the death of Gerald Ford.

I doubt it, though there's always the chance. Ronnie Biggs can't go on for ever. My guess is it would be a relative surprise, like Muhammad Ali falling down stairs or summat.

I opted for Uncle Billy Graham this time seeing as how he has been a spirituall leader/advisor to Presidents over the years and this may send him off to the far beyond to accompany old President Ford as he goes thoroughly through the Perilous Entryway of the Pearly Gates.....

I'm sticking with Brooke. I believe in masochism. It's my religion. Sue me.

im pretty sure thats the last of 2006. but if i had to choose one, Mickey Rooney.

Everytime I've said there will be no more hits, there have been, so I'm not changing my tactics.. :)

Likewise

If only for the very unscientific reason of "it always happens" I'm sure another pick will either cark it on New Year's Eve or drag on until New Year's Day.

I still think Castro is worth a punt...

I doubt it, though there's always the chance. Ronnie Biggs can't go on for ever.

That's my story too, and I'm sticking to it.

Billy Graham.

On my own DDP listing he is surrounded by red. With all his neighbors dead, I can only hope.

Ernest Gallo, on New Year's Eve

I'd drink to that, although on a Flintstones' theme following Joseph Barbera's death I'm sticking with Dino (Delaurentiis)

no way

no one

no way

no one

How sure are you?

Do the calculations tell you it or is it just a hunch?

At which University did you study for your PhD on the statistical prediction of death? Are you a Professor now?

And I'll tell you something else for free! You're not too good for capital letters and full stops, your Grace....

I think we have all of our hits for this year. Hopefully we can at least match this year's total next year.

no way

no one

How sure are you?

Do the calculations tell you it or is it just a hunch?

At which University did you study for your PhD on the statistical prediction of death? Are you a Professor now?

And I'll tell you something else for free! You're not too good for capital letters and full stops, your Grace....

Oh, I do like hitting the "quote" button when I see one of your replies to my posts!

Hunch mate. But working from a rule of thumb. We have had 13 hits in 12 months and with less than a week to go, that's about one in four chance to beat the current odds strike rate this list has gained so far.

As I'm sure you know 38.75% of stats are made up on the spot. That's not to say they are inacurate. There is a better chance than one in four hundred that all my figures are fully in order in this post.

As to my education, I'll leave that to life, far more interesting and unpredictable.

As to my typing - sometimes I'm a bit lazy at that also.

I think that'll be it for the year. Although knowing my current track record, there'll probably be another on NY's eve

I think that'll be it for the year. Although knowing my current track record, there'll probably be another on NY's eve

Oh goody!

I've plumped for Tony Curtis. No particular reason other than that I saw him in "Some Like it Hot" the other day and thought "hmmm..."