Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Edward Upward, British author

What a splendid name, I may pick him next year purely on the basis of that.

Eunice Kennedy Shriver, sister of JFK and founder of the Special Olympics, has been hospitalized in Boston.

Eunice Kennedy Shriver Hospitalized

First of all, thank you for using the best Family Guy moment ever for your avatar. Secondly, thank you for pointing this out. Everyone's been keeping such a close eye on ol' Sargeant (who no longer recognizes many people close to him, according to son-in-law Arnie), that Eunice might just slip under the radar unnoticed.

Thanks! Been reading this site for over two years. I figured it was time for me to register and contribute!

Eunice Kennedy Shriver, sister of JFK and founder of the Special Olympics, has been hospitalized in Boston.

First of all, thank you for using the best Family Guy moment ever for your avatar. Secondly, thank you for pointing this out. Everyone's been keeping such a close eye on ol' Sargeant (who no longer recognizes many people close to him, according to son-in-law Arnie), that Eunice might just slip under the radar unnoticed.

On the subject of Kennedys, Teddy is apparently about to get down to work on his memoirs:

There's better be a volume on Chappaquickexit

Why did Oswald and Sirhan have to take out the two useful brothers? I suppose it's too late in the day for a rogue assassin with a funky name to make it a hat trick of Dead Kennedys. Speaking of which, anyone know if they're still together? I so miss the loveable antics of Jello Biafra. The music, not so much.

BTW, CP, I believe it's spelled "Sargent" Shriver.

On the subject of Kennedys, Teddy is apparently about to get down to work on his memoirs:

There's better be a volume on Chappaquickexit

Why did Oswald and Sirhan have to take out the two useful brothers? I suppose it's too late in the day for a rogue assassin with a funky name to make it a hat trick of Dead Kennedys. Speaking of which, anyone know if they're still together? I so miss the loveable antics of Jello Biafra. The music, not so much.

BTW, CP, I believe it's spelled "Sargent" Shriver.

Dead Kennedys split up back in 85/86 during the court case over the artwork that appeared in the Frankenchrist album.

Jello still performs, but mostly does lectures. you can see his discography on the Alternative Tentacles website

Odd mind, so many of the real Kennedys outlasting the Dead Kennedys.

Hank Kaplan, "The Lord of The Ring", the world's foremost expert on the history of boxing, is seriously ill. His fame is a little dubious, but he should get a UK obit as he used to be boxing consultant for The Times. I'm putting him on my DDP if he makes it to 2008. pcguru.gif

Guest Doctor Plums

How about Bernard Cribbins, Margaret Thatcher and Pope Benedict for next year?

Hank Kaplan, "The Lord of The Ring", the world's foremost expert on the history of boxing, is seriously ill. His fame is a little dubious, but he should get a UK obit as he used to be boxing consultant for The Times. I'm putting him on my DDP if he makes it to 2008. :ph34r:

Good call though still a mite risky, I was banking on Michael Mayne's long term involvement with the BBC generating a paragraph or two on the religious section of their online news. f***kers ignored the man who'd given them years of loyal service.

George Moore OBE, 84, Australia's finest ever jockey, who rode the winning horse in The Derby in 1967, is gravely ill.

UK obit assured, but he'll really have to show some staying power to get to 2008.

The Mufti of Australia, Sheikh Fehmi Naji el-Imam, the spiritual leader of Australia's 300 000 strong Halibut community, is facing calls for his resignation as he is too ill to make any public appearances. His health is deteriorating and he has been in hospital since the end of October.

Long shot but I've just heard Ron Darwin the 90 year old dad of 'missing' caneoist John Darwin attempting to string a sentence together in response to his son's re-appearance. Doesn't sound too coherent, and given his fleeting fame might well get a tabloid paragraph if the shock proves too much and he carks it early in 2008.

Long shot but I've just heard Ron Darwin the 90 year old dad of 'missing' caneoist John Darwin attempting to string a sentence together in response to his son's re-appearance. Doesn't sound too coherent, and given his fleeting fame might well get a tabloid paragraph if the shock proves too much and he carks it early in 2008.

How does Ron Darwin qualify? He just happens to be the dad of a caneoist that went missing

I would hardly call it "fleeting fame"

Katy French, the controversial Irish model was in critical condition on Sunday and is being described as seriously ill. If it's just a binge drinking bad night out, forget about this post.

Katy French seriously ill

Guest Bored

How does Ron Darwin qualify? He just happens to be the dad of a caneoist that went missing

There is apparently an 80 year old aunt to consider as well. Maybe one could devise an entire theme team around the Rise and Fall of John Darwin. If one so desired.

There is apparently an 80 year old aunt to consider as well. Maybe one could devise an entire theme team around the Rise and Fall of John Darwin. If one so desired.

Oi you're missing the point and there's a whopping giveaway in the post anyway. 'Tabloid paragraph' is good enough for DDP points and if this story rumbles on as appears likely into unravelling the mystery, followed by court cases over attempted insurance fraud and the life insurers wanting their cash back then that conspiciously ill dad might get more than fleeting fame and may just find it all too much. Sure it's sick, parasitic and a long shot into the bargain but....from the DDP rules:

"Obituary" simply means an article which mentions the fact that the personh as died. It doesn't have to be the conventional biographical write-up.

As the Josie Grove is my Joker posse on the current DDP have found: 'Who Dares Wins' or summat.

Thanks for the update, oh mysterious G-B. Very clever for him and his wife to pose for a pic while they were canoe-dling in Panama. Maybe they should be candidates for the 2007 Darwin awards.

The little cheats. Ha ha.

Oi you're missing the point and there's a whopping giveaway in the post anyway. 'Tabloid paragraph' is good enough for DDP points and if this story rumbles on as appears likely into unravelling the mystery, followed by court cases over attempted insurance fraud and the life insurers wanting their cash back then that conspiciously ill dad might get more than fleeting fame and may just find it all too much. Sure it's sick, parasitic and a long shot into the bargain but....from the DDP rules:

"Obituary" simply means an article which mentions the fact that the personh as died. It doesn't have to be the conventional biographical write-up.

As the Josie Grove is my Joker posse on the current DDP have found: 'Who Dares Wins' or summat.

I guess that's why I don't do the DDP, too many people that don't have any actual claim to fame apart from a 5 minute interview on tv.

Perhaps I should let people know when I'm seriously ill and then they can add me to their lists. I sang backing vocals on the b-side of John Otway's "Bunsen Burner" single 5 years ago, but I wouldn't consider myself as anywhere near famous

Aye well, it's a matter of taste and that. The one thing I like is the way all the deadpools are different. You'd think local knowledge etc etc would count but my best performance so far is on the CPDP. Lying 5th last time I looked on DDP thanks - partly - to the ultra famous Dorothy Webb and Josie Grove, well behind a bunch of teams sporting a selection of hanged Iraqis.

Katy French, the controversial Irish model was in critical condition on Sunday and is being described as seriously ill. If it's just a binge drinking bad night out, forget about this post.

According to local news she is " unconscious and fighting for her life".

Link

Link

Dead

Link

Dead

A bit more than a bad night out then! :lol:

Link

Dead

So her name's Katy French, she was born in Switzerland, but she's Irish. Fascinating.

Never heard of her.

Would you prefer something more straightforward like footballer Stephen Ireland.

Actually, it may be an idea to put a couple of his Grandmothers on Deathlist, seeing as he claimed both of them have died before.

So her name's Katy French, she was born in Switzerland, but she's Irish. Fascinating.

Never heard of her.

Julia Carson, Indianapolis' first African-American Congresswoman, has terminal lung cancer.

Would she get an obit?