Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Patricia Knatchbull 2nd Countess of Burma and on the boat when Louis Mountbatten was killed, b 1924, only just realised she's still breathing.

Bet she's got a serious case of tinnitus!

Just an idea, like. How many aged and infirm celebs are likely to be in the catchment of Maidstone Hospital and poor enough to need the NHS for all their healthcare requirements?

That C'diff nightmare didn't end last year, as they'd like you to believe. A Cumbrian born minor celeb 'Old Soldier' Joe Nixon died in Maidstone this year and that bout of C'diff he contracted in the hospital didn't exactly help his battle for life.

Who is our Maidstone and Tonbridge correspondent?

Surgeon and convicted wife murderer, Dr Charles E. Friedgood, 89, is suffering from terminal cancer.

He's spent over 30 years in jail and is New York's oldest prisoner. The New York Times have done a big article on him this weekend, so I should think they'll give him a mention when he's gone.

Parole denied

Rosie Wright accident prone pre-schooler who'd make a selection like Kirsty Howard or Josie Grove look positively tasteful.

I would like to forward the name of Roger Moore to the 2008 possibles.

Well now, the old fella is 80 in October. The last time I saw him he really was begining to look very old.

Due for consideration?

Roger More celebrates his 80th birthday

Update on Tony Snow - made a TV appearance on Jon Stewart last night. Looking a lot thinner with greyer hair, but otherwise seemed quite cheerful and robust.

Country legend Porter Wagoner is seriously ill in hospital. This article says his condition is still to be diagnosed and his condition is deteriorating.

Porter is in serious condition at a local hospital and is asking for prayers from his friends and fans.

Keep up to date at the Porter Wagoner messageboard. (Which I thought was a rather fascinating little piece of Americana :( )

Hmmm let me think, some of my nominations for 2008 are:

Dead

EDIT:

Dutch novelist, poet and sculptor Jan Wolkers dies at home on Texel island, aged 81

Dutch literary great Jan Wolkers dies at 81

He was on my list.... my secret list....

................... And what list might that be HHNF?

The one for next year. My personal deathlist.

Wolkers (see previous post) was on it too.

SHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was 83!

Anyway what does everybody think about Tony Snow for 2008? I'm not really confident that he will be 'rocking the boat' for us in so many words. I didn't see him on Letterman, but when you resign from a substantial political position 'it's not like' you do it for no reason.

The oldest surviving ex-Isreali prime minister, Ephraim Katzir is now 91.

Yitzhak Shamir, at age 92 is the oldest surviving ex-Isreali Prime Minister

Country legend Porter Wagoner is seriously ill in hospital. This article says his condition is still to be diagnosed and his condition is deteriorating.

Porter is in serious condition at a local hospital and is asking for prayers from his friends and fans.

Porter Wagoner has lung cancer :( .