Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Just found out that dear old Val Doonican is 80 years young. Does anybody know if he looks like he is on his last legs?

Val Doonican ? fit as a fidel and still performs,

Is that fit as a Fidel Castro?

Never mind the Fidel bit, how does he know he still "performs"?

Im quite envious of an Octogenarian that can still get it up.....................

Well, I was going to make a great smart ass comment but I couldn't figure out a way to get it past the spam filter and so you guys will have to live the rest of your lives without it. I am truly sorry that I can not share what is in my head. :)

Mstislav Rostropovich is back in hospital again, this article mentions a liver tumour. It's about time he got his own thread.

Out of hospital & "feeling better".

Back in hospital and critically ill.

(He'll be dead by the time he gets his own thread :blink: )

Following in the steps of Billy Thorpe and Lobby Lloyde, another disease ridden Antipodean rocker awaits his fate.

Max Merritt, one of Australia's biggest rock stars (it says here) has been diagnosed with Goodpastures Syndrome, a disease which affects the kidneys and lungs, usually involving rapidly progressive kidney failure. :blink:

Guest Guest

G'day All,

I am an occassional browser but this is my first post. I have a question for death list veterans: Why don't you lads start a second, subsidiary list that contains more risks and wild guesses? At the moment, you are mainly choosing people in their 80s and 90s, which is "playing it safe", whereas the last several months was notable for the sudden, unexpected deaths of Steve Irwin, Peter Brock, Anna Nicole Smith, Billy Thorpe and so on. (I know most of them are Aussies but you have the idea.) Most risk takers come unstuck eventually. Think of Penn and Teller's close encounter with the tiger's mouth a few years ago and others who perform stupid stunts.

Maybe you could have a smaller, secondary list, restricted to celebrities under 50 years of age with no known terminal illness, including known risk-takers and celebs with "unhealthy" life styles. I would separate it from your main list so as not to affect your yearly hit rate as this would obviously be a much harder one to win.

Good idea or daft idea?

Stay out of the sickle's arc, one and all!

Cheers,

Morbid Aussie

Guest Guest

Just after I posted the above, I saw this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18279135/

Never heard of him but as his death will probably be overshadowed by that of Yeltsin, thought I would bring it to your attention.

Anyway, please give thought to my post above.

Thanks,

Morbid Aussie

Never heard of him but as his death will probably be overshadowed by that of Yeltsin, thought I would bring it to your attention.

Thanks,

Morbid Aussie

has anyone heard of him? i would say not..

Guest Guest

Thanks,

Morbid Aussie

Probably not! By the way, Keith Richards' mum died as well but I'm guessing you wouldn't count that as it is only fame by association. Anyway, here are the details:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200704/s1904912.htm

If she made it to 91, it must be longevity in the family that keeps Keith rolling on after all those years of pumping goodness-knows-what into his body.

Morbid Aussie

Thanks,

Morbid Aussie

Probably not! By the way, Keith Richards' mum died as well but I'm guessing you wouldn't count that as it is only fame by association. Anyway, here are the details:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200704/s1904912.htm

If she made it to 91, it must be longevity in the family that keeps Keith rolling on after all those years of pumping goodness-knows-what into his body.

Morbid Aussie

It's probably what he's pumped into his body that's kept him going.

It always amuses me when people talk about Keef Richards as if he's a medical marvel and ponder over whether it's the narcotics he's taken that have kept him going.

The bloke's only a year older than my mother &, quite frankly, looks like sh*t. My mother, however, looks fit and healthy, despite a lifetime of overindulging in Tia Maria and Coke.

Sure, Richards' body looks fittish and sinewy, but so did mine when I was necking amphetamines like jelly babies. One look at his face and hair tells an entirely different story, as they appear to belong to someone in their early eighties.

It's the same with Stephen Tyler and Alice Cooper. In fact, the only rocker I can summon to mind who does actually look the same as he did 20 years ago despite drug and alcohol abuse is Lemmy. And I should imagine that that's scant consolation when you were an ugly wart faced f**k to start with anyway...

Zammo and co were right all along you know...kids, just say no.

Cheers,

BHB

It always amuses me when people talk about Keef Richards as if he's a medical marvel and ponder over whether it's the narcotics he's taken that have kept him going.

The bloke's only a year older than my mother &, quite frankly, looks like sh*t. My mother, however, looks fit and healthy, despite a lifetime of overindulging in Tia Maria and Coke.

Sure, Richards' body looks fittish and sinewy, but so did mine when I was necking amphetamines like jelly babies. One look at his face and hair tells an entirely different story, as they appear to belong to someone in their early eighties.

It's the same with Stephen Tyler and Alice Cooper. In fact, the only rocker I can summon to mind who does actually look the same as he did 20 years ago despite drug and alcohol abuse is Lemmy. And I should imagine that that's scant consolation when you were an ugly wart faced f**k to start with anyway...

Zammo and co were right all along you know...kids, just say no.

Cheers,

BHB

Didn't Zammo actually say yes or was that the kid called Danny?

Terence Mckenna would also advocate a big fat YES, but only to the naturally occuring substances and a few chemical hallucinogens. Top bloke.

Top North Korean general & one-time envoy to the USA, Vice Marshal Jo Myong-Rok, is criticially ill & possibly "dying" of kidney & liver disease. According to the report, he has two months "at the most" to live.

You may well think, well so what? But, as the report concludes, Jo is effectively the second most powerful man in North Korea, so he'll probably get an obit somewhere.

Mullah Dadullah, the Taliban's military leader in southern Afghanistan, might be lucky to get to 2008. He's developed a reputation as the "Zarqawi of Afgahnistan" and I would think he will be one of the prime targets in the Allied forces spring offensive. And he's got a gammy leg, which might make it difficult for him to get out of tight spot in a hurry.

I like the name Mullah Dadullah, it has a nice ring to it.

Jack Valenti, who served as president of the Motion Picture Association of America for nearly four decades, has suffered a stroke at the age of 85

Valenti has gone the way of Spelling, Pinochet and Papon.

American morning show host, Regis Philbin, to have heart bypass surgery.

link

to be more exact, it's a triple heart bypass surgery.

Having listened to his Christmas CD that he released in 2005 that contained a duet with Donald Trump, I just hope that the surgeon hasn't heard the same CD

I hope the surgeon has heard it; it's the least you deserve for duetting with 'King Syrup' Donald Trump.

Regis Philbin returns after heart surgery

Mstislav Rostropovich is back in hospital again, this article mentions a liver tumour. It's about time he got his own thread.

(He'll be dead by the time he gets his own thread :P )

He's dead

(He'll be dead by the time he gets his own thread :P )

He's dead

Beat you to it!! :P

Peter Andre has got suspected meningitis. Not sure which type.

"Bacterial meningitis, which includes the meningococcal strain of the disease, is more rare but around one in 10 cases are fatal."

"Bacterial meningitis, which includes the meningococcal strain of the disease, is more rare but around one in 10 cases are fatal."

Apparently he's going to have brain scan...presumably to find one!

Apparently he's going to have brain scan...presumably to find one!

I don't hold out too much hope ...

does anyone know of Peter Andre being selected on any deadpools anywhere?

His Holiness Alexy II Patriarch of Russia has been receiving medical treatment in Switzerland. His camp say that everything is beautiful and he's in fine fettle, but, morbidly, I prefer to believe the rumours that he is gravely ill. ;)

Probably the wrong thread but.

There is a God.

It could be fatal if it happend again...next year...

Probably the wrong thread but.

There is a God.

It could be fatal if it happend again...next year...

WAH, WAH, WAH, WWWAAAHHH... ;)