Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

French 'Spiderman' or 'Idiot' Alain Robert has just climbed a 185m building without any safety equipment. He only needs to get unlucky once to become of interest to this site. At 44, he is probably past his climbing prime.

He was on my DDP last year. I left him off this time. Don't know why.

I did the same with Maurice Papon on several DPs this year and look what happened! :referee:

Could this be an Omen? :(

The actor Peter O'Toole is reported in this recent article to be gravely ill. An earlier report, from last September mentioned he was too ill to travel because of intestinal problems. One to keep an eye on.

I'm not quite so sure on this one, DDT.

The interviews he's done recently seem to suggest he's still as active as one can be considering his past:-

Astoundingly fit until a broken hip and this report doesn't hint to any illness either BBC Profile...

But who knows?

Could be a Stroessner "gravely ill" or could be a Obiang "gravely ill". I favour the latter, at least for now.

Saw O'Toole at the Academy Awards (well, on TV at least) and although he's no Jack Palance, he's certainly not gravely ill. Will he make it to 90? Doubtful. 80? There's a fair chance there.

Meanwhile, enough people must have complained, because they included James Doohan in the tribute a year late. They then followed by making the same mistake with Yvonne De Carlo (and yes she was in films, not just TV, most notably as the wife of Moses in The 10 Commandments) and omitting her while including same time and later deaths such as Carlo Ponti and Sidney Sheldon.

It was nice watching it and not having to go "Oh my gosh, that person is dead???" like a few years back. :banghead:

Saw O'Toole at the Academy Awards (well, on TV at least) and although he's no Jack Palance, he's certainly not gravely ill.

One presumes he is also able to travel, then, contrary to that report? DDT picks some excellent material, but I think this particular newspaper report is not as solid as others.

God Forbid, but Bob Holness ??

QUOTE: Ninety mini strokes then one big one....

Surprisingly virile for a 78 year old it seems

No serious decline of late but seen him a couple of years ago and he looked more parkinsons-esque than a stroke victim.

maybe he'll shake it off (sorry) but i cant see him lasting till January 2009

God Forbid, but Bob Holness ??

QUOTE: Ninety mini strokes then one big one....

Surprisingly virile for a 78 year old it seems

No serious decline of late but seen him a couple of years ago and he looked more parkinsons-esque than a stroke victim.

maybe he'll shake it off (sorry) but i cant see him lasting till January 2009

Bob is still with it mentally, despite some physical frailty. He did an interview with someone I know recently and was evidently both lucid and thougthful. And besides, as one of those individuals fortunate enough to have asked him for a 'P' many years ago (if you don't know, don't ask), I'd hate to see him go before his time.

Phil Drabble just copied the same link into the 'surprised to find they're still alive' thread. 92 and - apparantly - still on the go. Not much information about what - if anything - he's up to these days.

Phil Drabble just copied the same link into the 'surprised to find they're still alive' thread. 92 and - apparantly - still on the go. Not much information about what - if anything - he's up to these days.

Phil Drabble is a noted badger enthusiast. He hand raised a badger (which he gave the wonderful name of 'Bill') and wrote about the experience in the rather trippy book 'Badgers At My Window', not content with this magnum opus, he wrote an apocalyptic follow up 'No Badgers In My Wood', which detailed the sad decline and fall of 'Bill'. I remember it as a sad parable of our times.

John Terry was rushed back to hospital for another brain scan ..... but they didn't find anything. A pity it wasn't Drogba who got kicked in the head.

John Terry was rushed back to hospital for another brain scan ..... but they didn't find anything. A pity it wasn't Drogba who got kicked in the head.

So John Terry's the first human able to function with a vacuum between his ears? Far out man! :)

Hopefully he doesn't 'Watch for Badgers' in the same way as Ron Davies

Phil Drabble is a noted badger enthusiast. He hand raised a badger (which he gave the wonderful name of 'Bill') and wrote about the experience in the rather trippy book 'Badgers At My Window', not content with this magnum opus, he wrote an apocalyptic follow up 'No Badgers In My Wood', which detailed the sad decline and fall of 'Bill'. I remember it as a sad parable of our times.

Norrie Woodhall actress, on stage at 101, another one who'd - arguably - get the kind of coverage that would justify DDP points.

We're a few days short of the twentieth anniversary of The Herald of Free Enterprise disaster. To the best of my knowledge the captain, the first officer and a certain Mark Stanley - the laddo who was blamed for not closing the bow doors - are all still alive. Anyone know how they're doing?

Badgers...we ain't got no steenkin' badgers, we don't got to show you no steenkin' badgers...

Yet another cancer ridden Yugolsav leader! Ivica Racan the former Croatian Prime Minister and present leader of the opposition has been diagnosed with an "atypical tumour" in his shoulder.

More news on Racan - the tumour in his shoulder is secondary and looks to have spread from his kidneys. He is not a well man - number 1 on my list when the next dead pool comes along

Apparently, treatment is going well.

The former American Senator, 77 year old Thomas Eagleton, who ran for the office of Vice President in 1972, is reported to be very frail. He has been hospitalised several times in the last few months with an unspecified condition. :D If he makes it to 2008, I think he would be a good replacement for Tim Johnson.

Dead now.

How about Eddie Thompson, chariman of Dundee United FC. He has been suffering from prostate cancer since 2003. In 2006, blood tests indicated that the cancer had spread to his bones.

Eddie Thompson Receives Advanced Cancer Treatment

Wonder if he'll be wearing his Afrika Korps outfit whilst on patrol.

Prince Harry to Iraq?

Another one for the "Never in a Million Years is this Going to Happen" file

Prince Harry to Iraq

or maybe not. Oops. Anyone else think this is madness?

Might conveniantly remove a potential embarrassment to a future King....like you know who!

:D

hardly breaking news, but harry is specifically targetted.

'... everyone knows how desperate the insurgents out there will be to get their hands on him... harry would be the ultimate prize... he would be worth his weight in gold...'

probably already is.

Do any of our members ensconsced in the UK press know any more about Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose? The Mirror report indicates they know the illness involved, so - like John 'the alleged rapist' Leslie' spurting all over cyberspace before being named officially, presumably this one will ooze out.

I love the smell of stinking hypocrisy in the morning.

We know the ilness, we name the daughter but we won't reveal the name of the illness to 'protect the privacy of the family'

You can bet your last euro that they'll pay big time for the first paparazzi shots of 'worried' Depp leaving the hospital, or 'distraught' Paradis rushing to her bedside. Shitbags.

Do any of our members ensconsced in the UK press know any more about Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose? The Mirror report indicates they know the illness involved, so - like John 'the alleged rapist' Leslie' spurting all over cyberspace before being named officially, presumably this one will ooze out.

Danny La Rue looked a bit "on the edge" tonight giving a tribute to John Inman. Are the news editors playing their own game of putting on air those who they think will be the next top named person to die?

How about Eddie Thompson, chariman of Dundee United FC. He has been suffering from prostate cancer since 2003. In 2006, blood tests indicated that the cancer had spread to his bones.

Eddie Thompson Receives Advanced Cancer Treatment

Getting even worse, but vows to carry on.

I wrestled with putting Thompson in and in a 23rd hour decision, dropped him for Jimmy Langley. It'll probably be my biggest mistake of the year. :lol:

Danny La Rue looked a bit "on the edge" tonight giving a tribute to John Inman. Are the news editors playing their own game of putting on air those who they think will be the next top named person to die?

It's funny but I thought of a Howerd/Hill situation when Danny's name cropped up in the Inman tributes...

He don't half look old now... :lol: