Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Peter Andre has got suspected meningitis. Not sure which type.

"Bacterial meningitis, which includes the meningococcal strain of the disease, is more rare but around one in 10 cases are fatal."

he has the less dangerous viral meningitis and is expected to be out of hospital in a few days

Tom Cartwright, 71, a fine cricket player and even better cricket coach, who played for Warwickshire, Glamorgan, Somerset and England, lies seriously ill in a Neath hospital. His brain was starved of oxygen after a massive heart attack he suffered over a month ago.

He's also known for refusing to tour Apartheid era South Africa and teaching Ian Botham to bowl.

He's dead. :angry: My ideas for 2008 really aren't showing much staying power at the moment. :lol:

Damir Dokić, the father of the tennis player Jelena Dokic says he is very ill.

He's famous in his own right for throwing numerous tantrums on the tennis circuit, his Wiki page makes interesting reading.

Guest Guest

George W. Bush

The firstborn child of George W. Bush (don't know name)

Prince Harry

The heir to Anna Nicole Smith (don't know name)

George W. Bush

Prince Harry

Ever heard of a thing called Google?

Do you have any (valid) reasons for picking them or is this simple a wish list?

George W. Bush

Prince Harry

The firstborn (and only born) children of GWB are a set of female twins. While I'm sure one emerged before the other, it wasn't by much.

Chandra Shekhar, former Prime Minister of India, is suffering from multiple myloma cancer. :P

Time, I think for a quick update from Myanmar. Whilst Senior General Than Shwe is looking in rude health, Prime Minister Soe Win has just returned from Singapore after unspecified treatment.

Ever wondered why these top Myanmar officials keep going to Singapore for their treatment? Well, with less than $1 per capita annual health care expenditure, there isn't a lot to go round. Evidently, Than Shwe spent more money on his daughter's wedding last year than the entire health budget

I don't think that Hello covered the event, though.

Tabu Ley Rochereau, pioneer of soukous music and "Africa's Frank Sinatra", is critically ill.

Fame test? Well, a spokesman was very helpful on that front:

"...Tabu Ley is such a prominent figure in African music and Congolese politics that if he were hospitalised or dead, all the world's major news networks would report the news,"

Tabu Ley Rochereau, pioneer of soukous music and "Africa's Frank Sinatra", is critically ill.

Hmmm.. could be a Wiki-type stunt as his friend AND his spokesman say he is "alive and well".

However, crucially, Mr Rochereau has not yet denied the story is baloney, which doesn't always bode that well...... :lol:

The Prime Minister of St Lucia, Sir John Compton, 83, in a New York hospital after suffering a suspected stroke or heart attack.

As mentioned by Rotten Ali in the footy thread, former England captain Jimmy Armfield is suffering from throat cancer

All that talking to Alan Green and setting him straight I suppose.....

As mentioned by Rotten Ali in the footy thread, former England captain Jimmy Armfield is suffering from throat cancer

Quote: The prognosis is good, although I'm suffering from the side-affects of chemo and I'm not able to work.

He added: "Generally, I'm very positive about the future."

looks like you're on to a loser with this one!

Guest Guest

Quote: The prognosis is good, although I'm suffering from the side-affects of chemo and I'm not able to work.

He added: "Generally, I'm very positive about the future."

looks like you're on to a loser with this one!

In the words of Mandy Rice Davies, well he would say that wouldn't he.

Pete Doherty's ex band mate seems to think he's one to watch :lol:

Mullah Dadullah, the Taliban's military leader in southern Afghanistan, might be lucky to get to 2008. He's developed a reputation as the "Zarqawi of Afgahnistan" and I would think he will be one of the prime targets in the Allied forces spring offensive. And he's got a gammy leg, which might make it difficult for him to get out of tight spot in a hurry.

I like the name Mullah Dadullah, it has a nice ring to it.

its now Mullah Dadontdullah - he's dead

From the same school of celebrity as "Britain's Oldest Motorcyclist", we have Britain's Oldest Driver, who clocks in at a handy 105.

she can drive at 105

It would seem she's been on the lam for 71 years, as it says tests were introduced in 1935, and she got her first car in 1936, but claimed she didn't need to take the exam. These are the types of insidious criminals we need taken off Britain's streets.

Following in the steps of Billy Thorpe and Lobby Lloyde, another disease ridden Antipodean rocker awaits his fate.

Max Merritt, one of Australia's biggest rock stars (it says here) has been diagnosed with Goodpastures Syndrome, a disease which affects the kidneys and lungs, usually involving rapidly progressive kidney failure. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, Merritt was released from hospital a while back.

Archie Ross and his pals, who observed the UK exploding an atom bomb are still in there angling for a few sheckles of compo cash and bemoaning their compromised chromosomes. Obviously, such activity raises a profile or two, leading to news coverage if not obits when the carking commences. DDP fodder for sure, our Archie.

Following in the steps of Billy Thorpe and Lobby Lloyde, another disease ridden Antipodean rocker awaits his fate.

Max Merritt, one of Australia's biggest rock stars (it says here) has been diagnosed with Goodpastures Syndrome, a disease which affects the kidneys and lungs, usually involving rapidly progressive kidney failure. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, Merritt was released from hospital a while back.

pleased to hear it :banghead:

Guest Guest_dave_*

Fame test? Well, a spokesman was very helpful on that front:

"...Tabu Ley is such a prominent figure in African music and Congolese politics that if he were hospitalised or dead, all the world's major news networks would report the news,"

is this the guy you're talking about?

Guest Guest_dave_*
Lester Piggot fighting for his life in intensive care

Jerry Falwell has been rushed to hospital after being found unconscious

I'll find a link in a little while

Guest Guest_dave_*
Jerry Falwell has been rushed to hospital after being found unconscious

I'll find a link in a little while

I'm sure we will all be praying for him...