Sign in to follow this  
Magere Hein

The First 2007 Success Poll

The First 2007 Success Poll  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Make that 14! There are so many who could suddenly die of old age or from any small accident or infection that it's not easy to predict. Tammy Faye was my vote.

I'll go for 13 as well - the record of 14 strikes me as just that little bit out of reach at the moment - the Coffin-dodgin' equivalent of Bob Beamon's 1968 long-jump.

Castro to go first (if he hasn't cleared-off already).

DWB :)

On the basis of spouses following recently deceased partners, my money's on Betty Ford.....

Oh, and 11 on the basis that it's my sister's birthdate - such logic!

10 and Tammy Faye Messner

I do think it'll be a busy ole year but 16 seems a bit too optimistic!

10 and Sharon. I seem to recall he is basically being kept alive by machines at the moment, so I suspect it will be either him or Castro.

15 and Oral Roberts.

Just guesses, no idea why. Never heard of Oral Roberts, even with a splendid name like that.

15 and Oral Roberts.

Just guesses, no idea why. Never heard of Oral Roberts, even with a splendid name like that.

TLC -

By way of enlightenment, may I direct your attention to this excellently written biography of said splendidly-named chap. (Under Teams/Celebrities.)

15 and Oral Roberts.

TLC -

By way of enlightenment, may I direct your attention to this excellently written biography of said splendidly-named chap. (Under Teams/Celebrities.)

I am suitably enlightened, and pleased he's got my vote. I think he deserves it, let's hope next time he asks 'give me x amount of money or I'll die' people go for option 2.

This is what i'm going to say here, I predict or even guess that a centurion is the first hit. Now the oldest man in the world documented has died, centurion's at this time of year might have something else in common. Fidel Castro could still go anytime, and Tammy Fay Messner seems to be everybody's answer. But i'll guess for all of the above.

24 days and still no hit. Hugo Chavez of course insists that Castro is now "jogging", but of course one can assume that Chavez just doesn't want his good pal to die.

24 days and still no hit. Hugo Chavez of course insists that Castro is now "jogging", but of course one can assume that Chavez just doesn't want his good pal to die.

If Fidel Castro lives, lets hope for a long awaited celebration. The day Castro stands on the podium and makes his rise back to being the ruler of Cuba, Say Ronnie Biggs has a stroke, Michael Foot falls down the stairs, Lady Bird Johnson dies of natural causes and we have another big funeral. Life is weird like that.

24 days mind.

In the immortal words of Neil Young:

Good times are comin'

I hear it everywhere I go

Good times are comin'

But they're sure comin' slow.

Guest David

13 and Tim Johnson, because if he doesn't go first, he'll probably not go at all.

I'm sorry, peeps - but Michael Foot's already passed on. He went about 3 years back, I'm certain.

I'm guessing we'll have 16 hits this year and I have a feeling that Mark Felt will be the first to go.

I've been wrong each time on these polls, so why break a habit :lol:

I'm guessing we'll have 16 hits this year and I have a feeling that Mark Felt will be the first to go.

I've been wrong each time on these polls, so why break a habit :lol:

I have Deep Throat listed at lucky number thirteen behind Lady Bird Johnson in DDP so it would be a very charismatic success.

Well, January has ended with no hits on DL.

Lets hope February can bring more luck... (especially for my DDP)

January isn't usually a good month for DL.

It'll pick up.....

January isn't usually a good month for DL.

It'll pick up.....

There's still a couple of hours left on January, so who knows what might happen.

Alright let's get serious now. Febuary is freezing up and I want some people to contribute to this and give their honest opinion. Who will be Deathlist's first hit this year? For the moment i'm keeping mine to myself but I will reveal it once I hear a couple people speak who the next graduate will be.

This is what I say, and i'll explain why. First of all the obvious answer was Fidel Castro, since approximately two weeks ago the headlines were wild with the idea that he was living his last days. Right now at this point it seems so far from being true. Now ask yourself the question, wouldn't it be awkward if he died tommorow after that video being released? I just can't see it happening. Tammy Faye has lung cancer and you haven't heard anything about her, so that is always greatly possible but Castro is out for the time being.

Narrowing this down, Sharon is in a coma but he could last several more months under that condition. I think somebody should slip away before he does. I don't think Ronnie Biggs is going anywhere yet either. Lady Bird Johnson is considered in everybody's mind, but for me her somewhat recent appearence has me convinced that she wasn't so close to death as we all assumed. Talking centurions and anything is always possible, you could shake there hand hello and they will die in your arms, I get the impression Hofmann and Neimeyer are stable at the moment. (Were talking next hit) - Charles Lane is never heard about and is ladies and gentleman 102 years old. I regret not having him on my own list, but he seemed to be the odd man out. Then you have Brooke Astor who to me is equal with Lane, and Ruby Muhammad is f*****g one hundred and ten and should drop dead sooner or later, but I still don't know about her for Deathlist.

The prime canidates that I highlight are Claude Levi Strauss, Bill Deedes, Mark Felt, Brooke Astor and Charles Lane. It could be weird like JD Salinger or a couple 'O who cares' like Dom Mintoff or Ian Smith, some PM's who just draw passed the line of fame (Which Foot would be a quality death), We will have to wait and see what happens. I'm completely against Borgnine and for the moment I don't think Billy Graham is about to meet his demise. It's a hard call and i'm hesitating because nothing jumps out at me and it's such a bitch having to select one canidate. But I think in all consideration, with my hands up in the air, and not having a woman die since 2005, i'm going to say Brooke Astor.