Crispy

Ronnie Biggs

Aye, and being mercenary about it; a few of them...notably Reynolds, will be obit-worthy (at least in terms of news coverage equalling DDP points), when they peg out.

CriticalDivide, which other dead pool favourite will you be leeching off when Ron carks it? May I suggest you surgically attach yourself to General Jaruzelski next?

CriticalDivide, which other dead pool favourite will you be leeching off when Ron carks it? May I suggest you surgically attach yourself to General Jaruzelski next?

Frankie Fraser is a viable future candidate, he'd be a logical 'successor'

Well some of you are a bit touchy when things don't go your way! Seems you don't like it when the Deathlist victims have a voice.

I don't leech off Ron, by the way, I just happen to be a friend, and not a fairweather friend either. If he could, Ron would happily be making his own remarks on the Deathlist.

Frankie Fraser was not involved in the train robbery, but has a link to Ron. One of the people who took advantage of Ron's escape from Wansdsworth to also go over the wall, ended up on Frankie's doorstep looking for his help to get him to Scotland.

Lard Bazaar, I totally appreciate the views you hold, but not sure why you jump off the fence for knowing the facts. But that is your right. All I am trying to is point out is a few of the facts that programmes like Mrs Biggs and the media normally overlook or get wrong.

As for the time Ron spent in prison, that is part of one of the unanswered question as to why the train robbers were given 30 year sentences when the norm at the time for such a crime would have been around 10 years max. Remember there was no parole at the time. Murderers were not even given 20 years. Some of the people involved in the Great Train Robbery had been involved in a far more violent crime than the Great Train Robbery, and those caught were given five year sentences. So where was the 30 years in being justice?

And if you want the real victim of the Great Train Robbery, it was a man called Billy Boal who was arrested, tried and sentenced as a train robber, and wasn't. He died in prison an innocent man.

Murderers were not even given 20 years.

Eh? People were still being executed for murder at the time.

Frankie Fraser was not involved in the train robbery, but has a link to Ron. One of the people who took advantage of Ron's escape from Wansdsworth to also go over the wall, ended up on Frankie's doorstep looking for his help to get him to Scotland.

I did not know that about Fraser, is a rather tenuous link mind.

Murderers were not even given 20 years.

Eh? People were still being executed for murder at the time.

Just making sure they didn't commit another murder then.

Well some of you are a bit touchy when things don't go your way! Seems you don't like it when the Deathlist victims have a voice.

I for one am quite interested in the views of the candidates selected for the Deathlist and I appreciate that CriticalDivide does not have to share his (or Ron's) opinions with us. People are not put on the Deathlist with a will for them to die but with an expectation of them to die. For many of the names on the list their is actually a fondness shown towards them (e.g. Clive Dunn).

There are probably a large number of convicted criminals who have been forgotten by the public but Ron because of his escape, lifestyle and subsequent return has worked his way into the British psyche. Because of this programmes like Mrs Biggs are always likely to air (I did not watch this because I did not hold out high hopes as this was on ITV).

When Ron does die I imagine there will be a media frenzy and all the old arguments will be played out in the daily papers at least we can have the debates here in a hopefully calm and unfrenzied manner

If CriticalDivide, wants a job for life I suggest Clive dunn.

I think its interesting though to find out people's reactions to being on the deathlist . Is Ronnie Biggs the first person to comment and respond to being on the deathlist ?

I think its interesting though to find out people's reactions to being on the deathlist . Is Ronnie Biggs the first person to comment and respond to being on the deathlist ?

Well strictly speaking it isn't actually him responding, still having someone 'on the inside' could prove advantageous...

Well strictly speaking it isn't actually him responding, still having someone 'on the inside' could prove advantageous...

I don't know why but i always thought that at least one famous person visits these forums or certainly people close to them.

I don't know why but i always thought that at least one famous person visits these forums or certainly people close to them.

Do you think there is any chance Carol Thatcher would post on here?

Do you think there is any chance Carol Thatcher would post on here?

I have a sneaking suspicion that IDTY is Carol thatcher . :D

• Like 1

It is distinctly possible

JR976evil I have unmasked your secret identity - Born February 1981 - You are Paris Hilton :D

JR976evil I have unmasked your secret identity - Born February 1981 - You are Paris Hilton :D

Damn! You're just too good

Say it ain't so :D

I never thought anyone would suspect, thought I'd pretty well managed to create the impression of having a life!

I never thought anyone would suspect, thought I'd pretty well managed to create the impression of having a life!

I'm afraid I must reveal that, whatever JR976 may claim, he is, in fact, NOT Paris Hilton. How do I know, I hear you cry? Well, friends, the evidence is overwhelming - on at least one occasion in his entire life, JR976 has PROBABLY said something with a modicum of intelligence - which is something that Paris Hilton has never, would never and will never do. I rest my case, m'lud.

I'm afraid I must reveal that, whatever JR976 may claim, he is, in fact, NOT Paris Hilton. How do I know, I hear you cry? Well, friends, the evidence is overwhelming - on at least one occasion in his entire life, JR976 has PROBABLY said something with a modicum of intelligence - which is something that Paris Hilton has never, would never and will never do. I rest my case, m'lud.

Oh you fell for that vacuous, airhead, bimbo, waste of space act she projects whenever there is a camera near her!

Oh you fell for that vacuous, airhead, bimbo, waste of space act she projects whenever there is a camera near her!

Exactly! It's a facade that has worked wonders for me :)

Meanwhile......... Back on topic......................................

Well...he's still not dead

Well...he's still not dead

Hope he sees the 50th anniversary of the robbery.

Quantick doesn't count, huh?