Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

I have to admit to drooling over Adam dressed like that circa 1982!

He was probably the most improbable Prince Charming of his day :)

Yes he was, certainly didn't drool over him dressed like that! I remember my English teacher had a full length poster of him done up as Prince Charming in his classroom!

I remember my English teacher had a full length poster of him done up as Prince Charming in his classroom!

caefu3mx1cu.jpg

Yes, but ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

C'mon guys: the debate is begging itself.

Who is the better actor, Adam Ant or Dickie O?

I'd give it to Adam, great videos and pretty good - as I recall - in at least one of the movies he made in the USA. Something I don't think Dickie O ever achieved.

phacon3nz.gif

I've seen that chap before. Can't remember where.

regards,

Hein

Would it be better if Adam Ant related discussion were posted in this thread? I miss Cassandra and her high-brow intellectual ways.

Would it be better if Adam Ant related discussion were posted in this thread? I miss Cassandra and her high-brow intellectual ways.

Quite. I have enjoyed the Adam Ant interegnum but can we get back to the business at hand. Did Dickie O die/get back on telly yet?

Adam Ant's imdb biog, makes quite interesting reading. I'd totally forgot he was in Derek Jarman's "Jubilee".

I remembered Jubilee with Toyah amongst others and - if memory serves me rightly - Buckingham Palace turned into a recording studio. #

I'd forgotten his appearance in Cyber Bandits with Martin Kemp, a movie so bad I took it back to Blockbusters unwatched beyond about 20 minutes.

Despite this, Mr Ant's acting career pisses on Dickie O, no question.

I'd struggle with the TV shows too but Adam made more and higher profile movies than Dickie.

Frankly, if you put the pair of them in a forest and filmed the results my guess is the trees would come over as more convincing actors. So comparing Dickie and Adam as actors is like asking whether Torquay United will beat Rushden and Diamonds.

Still think Adam's moments - like Jubiliee - beat Richard's best.

I remember my English teacher had a full length poster of him done up as Prince Charming in his classroom!

caefu3mx1cu.jpg

Yes, but ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

51 today........................... Why do I know that? :skull: why :o why? :banghead:

Guest obediah spittle

You bunch of sick f**ks

Been missing this popular thread and the lively banter so I thought I'd reheat it. If any passing Dickie O fans are around perhaps they could answer the following:

Why is he in a REST home. Is it because that's where he'll spend the REST of his life?

Been missing this popular thread and the lively banter so I thought I'd reheat it. If any passing Dickie O fans are around perhaps they could answer the following:

Why is he in a REST home. Is it because that's where he'll spend the REST of his life?

Or is he "resting" while he overcomes some sort of nervous/depressive disorder?

I'm sure that's what his one dedicated fan - who kept posting under different names a few weeks back - would like us to think.

I'm sure that's what his one dedicated fan - who kept posting under different names a few weeks back - would like us to think.

These guests gain pleasure by watching our hopes shatter.

They are ruthless in their wording and that is not

only in every thread it especially goes for the

Fidel Castro thread.

.........Ahh yes ranters all year long. All saying the same sh*t it's

pretty much identical. All the Castro die chants and the long sick

messages in Cuban that i never bothered to read.

Although don't hate me now. I want to see him in a

casket just as much as all of them''

So this is what we do. Once George Best croaks we film Dickie O in his present predicament and get him to add his acting skills as he mouths a few well written lines. We sell the results to ITV as a one-off drama: 'Bestie, The Final Days.' All the Dickie O fans will tune in, millions of pounds of advertising will be sold and we'll all be minted!

C'mon you legions of Dickie lovers, make it a hit.

So this is what we do. Once George Best croaks we film Dickie O in his present predicament and get him to add his acting skills as he mouths a few well written lines. We sell the results to ITV as a one-off drama: 'Bestie, The Final Days.' All the Dickie O fans will tune in, millions of pounds of advertising will be sold and we'll all be minted!

C'mon you legions of Dickie lovers, make it a hit.

Put a salt and pepper beard on Dickie O and there is a resemblance.

Same age, both well faded icons of seventies fashion, both totally dependent on the care of others to keep breathing and keep their bottoms clean. Like twins, I tell ya.

O SULLIVAN!!!!

I saw you skulking down to the bottom of the second page and trying to sneak back into anonymity. Back to the top and take some more gratuitous abuse, you crap actor you.

O SULLIVAN!!!!

I saw you skulking down to the bottom of the second page and trying to sneak back into anonymity. Back to the top and take some more gratuitous abuse, you crap actor you.

I consider it a personal duty to keep this page near the top or thereabouts.

Whilst remaining relevant and interesting of course.